What is included with a suite?

mj_holiday

On 8/6/2019 at 4:43 PM, uktog said:

Be careful, there is a little bottle of wine by the mini bar, it is NOT complimentary.  You can ask your butler about adding included items to your fridge, if not go and get some beers from the bar yourself. Your mini bar will be kept stocked up with sodas of your choice, your butler will ask you at the start about preferences (or they should).  

People buy packages to get better quality spirits but Host Grandma is incorrect the spirits in your bar set up are at the level of the premium package e.g. bombay Sapphire gin, JW Whisky they are not the included ones.  The ultimate has Hendricks/Tanquerey which is the step one more up.

You can ask the butler about putting a bottle of the included wine in your room.

So, does a suite not include Premium or Ultimate drinks but only the basic package that all other cabins have? If so, I am struggling to see real value in a suite other than 'complimentary' Specialty Dining. Is that the case, or is there something I am missing other than the large cabin and non-curtain shower which so many in the standard cabins complain about! 

I have valued your insights across the Azamara threads, and wondered if you see any other value in upgrading. Also your opinion if it is worth upgrading from our existing inside to the first level suite at an additional $600pp for 7 nights...plus we would lose $500 OBC to rebook. This is for 7 December Caribbean on Journey.

The only other benefit beyond what you have listed (given White Nights its only a maximum of 6 nights in the specialities) is access to the front spa deck and spa pool.  You would also get 237 minutes on the internet which would translate over to $150 credit against a package.  For a seven night cruise that would make your wifi free.

You would also have to move rooms between your original room and the new room between cruises.

It is very hard to advise anyone on this as it depends what really matters to you.  Its quite an additional cost for only 7 nights when you add it all up - but yes you might enjoy more space or you might not be in your room much to justify it.

3 minutes ago, uktog said:

The only other benefit beyond what you have listed (given White Nights its only a maximum of 6 nights in the specialities) is access to the front spa deck and spa pool.  You would also get 237 minutes on the internet which would translate over to $150 credit against a package.  For a seven night cruise that would make your wifi free.

You would also have to move rooms between your original room and the new room between cruises.

It is very hard to advise anyone on this as it depends what really matters to you.  Its quite an additional cost for only 7 nights when you add it all up - but yes you might enjoy more space or you might not be in your room much to justify it.

Thank you, confirming my initial gut feeling. WiFi is of no interest, so that doesn't add value for us, we avoid all of that on holiday. Also, we like to get out and about so room time is limited. Are the specialties closed on White nights?

Just now, hamrag said:

Thank you, confirming my initial gut feeling. WiFi is of no interest, so that doesn't add value for us, we avoid all of that on holiday. Also, we like to get out and about so room time is limited. Are the specialties closed on White nights?

No one will be open on White Night - I had just discounted it from the calculation made an assumption.  IF we got an Azamazing that would be another night off (though I hold out no hope for that).

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, uktog said:

No one will be open on White Night - I had just discounted it from the calculation made an assumption.  IF we got an Azamazing that would be another night off (though I hold out no hope for that).

Settling down now to watch 'the worlds most expensive cruise ship' on channel 5 at 9pm. That won't help me settle on our inside, for sure!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, uktog said:

And ironically they are featuring a trip to Bordeaux when Journey is tied up there tonight....

I have to say they wont get many new guests, based on that TV production....thought it was poor!

We did a trip from Southampton on Azamara to  Bordeaux, Bilbao etc which was great. Having docked in Bilbao I can think of many excursions I would prefer to a sheep farm shrouded in mìst. 

We loved the trip and all the ports and we love our CDs on Azamara

• Like 2

Couldn’t have summed up my reaction to tonight’s episode better! 

The only thing it did was confirmed I want to go to Bordeaux again. 

And our bar staff are more engaged! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2019 at 8:42 PM, uktog said:

The only other benefit beyond what you have listed (given White Nights its only a maximum of 6 nights in the specialities) is access to the front spa deck and spa pool....

Is that the Sanctum Spa Terrace, so available for any suite and not just spa suites? Have you been, is it worth spending a couple of hours relaxing there?

Edited by hamrag

12 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Is that the Sanctum Spa Terrace, so available for any suite and not just spa suites? Have you been, is it worth spending a couple of hours relaxing there?

Any suite. You can also purchase a pass if you aren't in suite, but they are limited in their sale. It's hard to give a definite answer. I've been there when it's busy. I've also been (like in June) when we were literally the only people there. There is a yellow phone on the wall that goes direct to the pool bar. Make use of it.

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is available to all suites.  It very much depends on the cruise you are on whether it is worth it.  Our two recent cruises, on the first one the area was mobbed and some guests preferred to engage in loud conversations sharing their life stories and medical histories with their new friends.  On the second, it was quite quiet out there.

One big negative, the chairs are not nearly as comfortable as the ones on the main deck and deck 11.  There is also more shade on the main deck.

The thalassotherapy pool is nice but only you will know how much you might use it

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Any suite. You can also purchase a pass if you aren't in suite, but they are limited in their sale. It's hard to give a definite answer. I've been there when it's busy. I've also been (like in June) when we were literally the only people there. There is a yellow phone on the wall that goes direct to the pool bar. Make use of it.

Phil 

Thanks.

We are considering a CC suite, available options are 6057 or 6059 accessible; 8061, 8063, 8065, 8067 or 8070

Have you used any of those, or any thoughts to share please?

36 minutes ago, uktog said:

It is available to all suites.  It very much depends on the cruise you are on whether it is worth it.  Our two recent cruises, on the first one the area was mobbed and some guests preferred to engage in loud conversations sharing their life stories and medical histories with their new friends.  On the second, it was quite quiet out there.

One big negative, the chairs are not nearly as comfortable as the ones on the main deck and deck 11.  There is also more shade on the main deck.

The thalassotherapy pool is nice but only you will know how much you might use it

Thanks.

We are considering a CC suite, available options are 6057 or 6059 accessible; 8061, 8063, 8065, 8067 or 8070

16 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Thanks.

The first four have tubs that you climb into in order to shower.  The last has a walk-in shower but may have superstructure covering a bit of the more aft part of your balcony.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hamrag said:

Thanks.

I've been in 8070. The balcony has a cut out because of the shape of the hull. It's the save size, just not fully open. I liked it because of extra shelter. I found it noisy overhead because of the outside public deck above. 

If you are being offered the accessible cabins I guess it's because it is well after final payment? Personally I wouldn't discount them. 

Phil 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, uktog said:

I have to disagree here. I liked the chairs and loungers. A bit more variety with fully reclining type, ones that are a little more upright as in to the right in this picture and comfy chairs. Depending upon sun location it is possible to find shade if you want it, but the area is smaller and therefore less room under it. 

Phil 

EEF6F7B7-F96F-420C-94CE-180D645995D6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I have to disagree here. I liked the chairs and loungers. A bit more variety with fully reclining type, ones that are a little more upright as in to the right in this picture and comfy chairs. Depending upon sun location it is possible to find shade if you want it, but the area is smaller and therefore less room under it. 

Phil 

EEF6F7B7-F96F-420C-94CE-180D645995D6.jpeg

I would have no issue with these chairs Phil but Hamrag is going on Journey and it’s the old thin cushion cane chairs there just now. There are no upright chairs in the shade only an uncomfortable sofa 

Edited by uktog

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I would have no issue with these chairs Phil but Hamrag is going on Journey and it’s the old thin cushion cane chairs there just now. There are no upright chairs in the shade only an uncomfortable sofa 

I just went and had a look at photos of the spa furniture on Journey and had forgotten how much more inferior it is to Pursuit.  If they want to mirror facilities across all three ships they need to change out the old furniture.  There’s a big difference.  If anyone from Azamara is reading this, it’s another hotel detail that should be sorted out.  This is a photo I found of Journey.  

Phil

7344D271-E174-43CD-B035-51C95D77173A.jpeg

12 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Ah good point. That was Pursuit. 

Phil 

Yes they were so uncomfortable as there are split canes and the cushions have become very flattened. Given the noise we found deck 11 (or5) our preferred hangout spot or sometimes the pool deck depending on where the sun was even though we had a suite. 

Another thing. The changing rooms were madness - DH reported the same especially near dinner time as people lined up to use the showers. Come on the verandah showers are NOT so bad that you have to line up....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I just went and had a look at photos of the spa furniture on Journey and had forgotten how much more inferior it is to Pursuit.  If they want to mirror facilities across all three ships they need to change out the old furniture.  There’s a big difference.  If anyone from Azamara is reading this, it’s another hotel detail that should be sorted out.  This is a photo I found of Journey.  

Phil

7344D271-E174-43CD-B035-51C95D77173A.jpeg

Journey has the new furniture on the main deck and did have here when it was delivered however my understanding was they were allocated far fewer chairs than they previously had and there were not enough on Decks 9 and 11. I guess they hadn’t offloaded these ones so swapped the new chairs out to avoid mix and match but I agree it needs sorting 

9 minutes ago, uktog said:

Journey has the new furniture on the main deck and did have here when it was delivered however my understanding was they were allocated far fewer chairs than they previously had and there were not enough on Decks 9 and 11. I guess they hadn’t offloaded these ones so swapped the new chairs out to avoid mix and match but I agree it needs sorting 

Another point to consider is that if the weather is hot with the windows all around, there is very little breeze.  It can get quite unbearable.  Also, the jacuzzi pool is too hot in warm weather, so not refreshing like the main pool.  Having said that, we loved the space for the quietness.

• Like 1

Thanks to Ann and Phil for your posts in response to my potential upgrade. However, all points are now moot!

We are booked on Journey (sorry Phil, I didn't state that) for 30 Nov and 7 Dec, via a US TA, and I had enquired as to upgrade pricing. The TA contacted Az, and came back with upgrade pricing which was acceptable to us. When I went to bed at 1am UK time, the agent was about to call and book a firm upgrade....she told me they would confirm by email and collect payment today. 

This morning, I rose to find that the Az agent (allegedly new) had 'misquoted' and the only way to get the pricing quoted is to cancel (50% penalty) and rebook. She has suggested the best option now is to enquire onboard, as Az will not change their booking policy pre-cruise....not convinced there is any chance of that!

I am trying to be objective, and not get too despondent as an Az newbie....especially as I have read your posts about lack of true incentives towards loyal customers like yourselves!

Thanks again for your input to my questions.

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1