What is included with a suite?

mj_holiday

Yes sadly it’s correct at this stage you can only upgrade if you cancel so the first agent was wrong. I’m also in that position for the cruise and to be honest the suites are not worth that. I will pay for special restaurants I won’t pay for a spa pass with the chairs and possible noise (my experience of San Juan round trips they can be noisy). 

The agent is wrong about enquiring onboard on every cruise I’ve been on in the past three years on Azamara they have signs up on day one saying no room changes possible. 

Like us you are seeing the galling last minute sales there’s nothing we can do but concentrate on enjoying life onboard. I’m kicking myself as DH said don’t book until later but as I was juggling with the enforced Cuba cancellation and existing flights I did not want to lose I lost my nerve. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, uktog said:

...Like us you are seeing the galling last minute sales there’s nothing we can do but concentrate on enjoying life onboard. I’m kicking myself as DH said don’t book until later but as I was juggling with the enforced Cuba cancellation and existing flights I did not want to lose I lost my nerve. 

There is often a difficult balance between getting best cruise value, but also a sensibly priced flight....especially when going across the big pond, so don't kick yourself too hard over taking a view on that at the time you did. For us, it is me who does all the planning and arranging, and I know just how difficult it can be.....some you feel you win, but others you lose a little and across time broadly speaking it balances out. 

We cannot complain at all with the inside bookings we have, as they were favourably priced. The only slight downside is we are flying from Manchester....Virgin Atlantic, and because the cruise price was so low I splurged a little and went for Premium Plus rather then our usual economy flights!

15 minutes ago, uktog said:

...I’m also in that position for the cruise and to be honest the suites are not worth that. I will pay for special restaurants I won’t pay for a spa pass with the chairs and possible noise (my experience of San Juan round trips they can be noisy).... 

If your experience in SJ was with Az, does the ship dock at the main port in the heart of Old Town or is there another dock area....we ported, but didn't embark, in SJ a few years ago right in Old Town.

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

If your experience in SJ was with Az, does the ship dock at the main port in the heart of Old Town or is there another dock area....we ported, but didn't embark, in SJ a few years ago right in Old Town.

Not done it since there was hurricane damage so not sure.  Maybe Bonnie can confirm 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hamrag said:

Hi Hamrag, just so I'm clear, are you asking *where* in San Juan the Journey will be for embarkation & debarkation on your two cruises?

On 8/17/2019 at 2:00 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes, per guest, but it's not combinable with your LCV minutes. Nor can you combine the discount with someone else. Each would have to buy an unlimited package with a $150 credit or one buy it and the other use their 235 minutes. You can share the unlimited package with the same login, but only one device can be on at a time. 

Phil 

Yes, one thing that is disappointing with Azamara is you loose all your LCV benefits and only get suite benefits.  Also don't like that laundry is for every 7 days so if you are on a 13 night cruise you still only get 1 bag of laundry.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 2:46 AM, hamrag said:

I have learned the ship will NOT dock in Old Town San Juan on these two cruises. The ship will dock at the Pan American Piers near the Airport and Convention Center.  Here is a map:

map of San Juan.jpg

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

I have learned the ship will NOT dock in Old Town San Juan on these two cruises. The ship will dock at the Pan American Piers near the Airport and Convention Center.  Here is a map:

map of San Juan.jpg

Whoa, that's surprising.  I'm sorry to ask, but I assume that applies to the Dec. 14 cruise as well?  Thanks.

On 9/27/2019 at 12:07 PM, BBMacLaird said:
On 9/27/2019 at 11:46 AM, JMB27 said:

Whoa, that's surprising.  I'm sorry to ask, but I assume that applies to the Dec. 14 cruise as well?  Thanks.

I will ask for you.

Hi, @BBMacLaird!  I'm wondering if you had any luck on this.  I'm trying to figure out if I should change my hotel location, as I want to be able to walk to whichever terminal it will be.  Thank you!

33 minutes ago, hkr1216 said:

I’m also on the 12/14 sailing and wondering the same thing.  Reservations was not able to give me an answer.

33 minutes ago, hkr1216 said:

I’m also on the 12/14 sailing and wondering the same thing.  Reservations was not able to give me an answer.

I will ask again for you.

4 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

Just confirmed: the 12/14/19 San Juan dock will be the Pan America Piers.

You are such a gem.  Thank you!!  I'm off to change my hotel location!  🙂 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be on Pursuit next year for the British Isles & Golf cruise. We'll be in a CWO Suite and are looking forward to enjoy all it has to offer. Is it possible to get a bottle of Jack Daniels instead of 1 of the other choices? 

Disappointed to hear that our LCV benefits are nil when booked in a Suite. 

Can anyone share what the Azamazing Evening might be on this itinerary? 

You can ask, but there is no guarantee. If you have a nice butler he may be able to change it, but those in the bar set up are 37.5cl and I doubt they'll have that size of JD on board so it will be substituting two of the bar set up bottles. The standard whisky is Johnnie Walker Red.  I've only ever asked to swap one of the standard for another standard so I've got say two bottles of the vodka. 

Phil 

On 10/21/2019 at 1:14 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

You can ask, but there is no guarantee. If you have a nice butler he may be able to change it, but those in the bar set up are 37.5cl and I doubt they'll have that size of JD on board so it will be substituting two of the bar set up bottles. The standard whisky is Johnnie Walker Red.  I've only ever asked to swap one of the standard for another standard so I've got say two bottles of the vodka. 

Phil 

I kind of thought that. We had them on Journey last year. Will see what happens when we sail next year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I kind of thought that. We had them on Journey last year. Will see what happens when we sail next year. 

Suzy- so glad you asked that- I was wondering the same thing. I am definitely a bourbon girl, will have to think about switching to rum for the cruise, or getting DH to give up both the vodka and the rum to get bourbon 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 2:15 PM, BBMacLaird said:

map of San Juan.jpg

FYI  The Pan American Pier is not located near the "official" airport in San Juan.  Luis Munoz Marin International Airport (SJU) is in Isla Verde, Carolina, about 8 miles east of Old San Juan.  Just thought I would clear up any potential misunderstanding.  

• Thanks 1