Entertainment and yacht club?

George C

11 minutes ago, George C said:

Is there any entertainment in yacht club area like a guitar or a piano player or do you just need to leave yacht club area for the entertainment? We are doing seaside in a few months, thanks .

On Seaside, we had s pianist and a violinist. They did duets and solos throughout the evening. 

They've also behind a YC deck party, weather permitting, on one night per week, later at night around 9/9:30pm with music and dancing, food, etc 

Otherwise, it's the entertainment in the rest of the ship.

We really enjoyed the duo in the Seaside Yacht Club. They were very engaging and encouraged requests. I asked for a Celine Dione song so they played the theme song from “Titanic”. We all got a chuckle out of that. The pianist was also very good.

The couple on Seaside is quite good.  We met towards end of cruise and they are from Nashville.  His name escapes me at the moment.

Fabio was the piano guy in March and he is also quite good but after that trip he was moving to ships in Europe.

14 hours ago, George C said:

Thanks just happy that is is some entertainment, I know there will be much more in main part of the ship. 

My favorite entertainment moments on any cruise occurred in the Divina YC on our Med cruise last year.  It was late, and there was a fellow playing the piano and singing and there were only a few people around.  He had a nice, slightly gravelly voice - a lot like Andrea Bocelli in the lower range softer part of his songs.  He started actually playing a Bocelli song, and I wondered how he would do when he came to the part where he had to open up and unleash a powerful voice.  As he came to that part, an Italian gentleman at another table started singing.  My first thought was, 'crap, that's just what we need - some amateur wannabe.' And 5 seconds later I realized that he not only had a terrific and powerful voice, he knew what to do with it.  The piano player face lit up and they ended up doing 2 or 3 more duets of Italian love songs.  It was so unexpected and such high quality on both their parts that I was just blown away.  I just wish they had started sooner.  Serendipity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

Best fun event in the YC was the party on the pool deck on the evening/night in Puerto Rico. Dancing, food, and lots of fun! 

Do they tell us which night this is on?  I missed it on my last YC in March, and hope not to on my upcoming in August.

48 minutes ago, xcell said:

Do they tell us which night this is on?  I missed it on my last YC in March, and hope not to on my upcoming in August.

One week it was on the night we left Grand Cayman and the other week was as we were docked in San Juan 

1 hour ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

One week it was on the night we left Grand Cayman and the other week was as we were docked in San Juan 

2 hours ago, xcell said:

It was San Juan for our cruise the last week in May, this year.

9 hours ago, dexddd said:

The couple on Seaside is quite good.  We met towards end of cruise and they are from Nashville.  His name escapes me at the moment.

Fabio was the piano guy in March and he is also quite good but after that trip he was moving to ships in Europe.

The Couple is Iris Duo and his name is Maurice Farmer Jr.  We were able to spend some time with them on our cruise in May.  They really enjoy getting to know the passengers.  On our cruise we had another passenger who would sing with them occasionally. They were very accommodating to all passengers. 

Why would the YC Deck Party be the night of San Juan on the Seaside? That would seem to make the least sense of any of the 7 nights since you are actually still docked in port when the party would occur.

What is their rationale there, I wonder?

44 minutes ago, pmk515 said:

Why would the YC Deck Party be the night of San Juan on the Seaside? That would seem to make the least sense of any of the 7 nights since you are actually still docked in port when the party would occur.

What is their rationale there, I wonder?

I prefer the party when the ship isn't underway. Less wind and if it is a clear night, it's very pleasant sitting on the pool deck. Of course, either way, it's all depending on the weather.

On 7/13/2019 at 8:20 PM, ptuder said:

The Couple is Iris Duo and his name is Maurice Farmer Jr.  We were able to spend some time with them on our cruise in May.  They really enjoy getting to know the passengers.  On our cruise we had another passenger who would sing with them occasionally. They were very accommodating to all passengers. 

Thanks.

Ours last trip was in PR.  Actually it kind of does make sense due to late arrival into San Juan.  

I stayed onboard for dinner but rest of group went out for a few hours to come back for a wonderful dinner at 9:00.  I have been to San Juan many times for work and vacation so no interest to me.  But when they came back we all had great time and food at the party.  Wished I'd skipped dinner to have better food at the party.

It gives people the option to go into town, miss regular YC dinner to come back to a great party.

Plus no wind.