Welcome pick-up

CAVE MAN

You might find information on the Europe Ports of Call board.  This board is for questions, info relating to cruising on Celebrity.

The ports of call boards are used by those cruising on any ocean or river cruise.

7 hours ago, CAVE MAN said:

Has anyone used this service, Welcome Pick-up in Barcelona? They say they will pick up at your hotel do a four hour tour and take you to the port.

Thank you for any suggestions

Why not do your touring on your own while you're in Barcelona and then simply take a cab to the port?  I'm sure you'll have a better experience and probably pay less.  Cabs are quite reasonable in Barcelona and there are many inexpensive ways to see the city.

17 hours ago, CAVE MAN said:

Has anyone used this service, Welcome Pick-up in Barcelona? They say they will pick up at your hotel do a four hour tour and take you to the port.

Thank you for any suggestions

I'm not sure where your flight to Barcelona originates, but if it's in the US I would be too tired from the time zone change to enjoy a tour as soon as I got off the airplane.  I'm also not a fan of flying in the same day as the cruise, especially a transcontinental flight, but that's a topic for another thread.

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm not sure where your flight to Barcelona originates, but if it's in the US I would be too tired from the time zone change to enjoy a tour as soon as I got off the airplane.  I'm also not a fan of flying in the same day as the cruise, especially a transcontinental flight, but that's a topic for another thread.

Thank you so much for your replies!! We are coming in the day before and have an 8 hour tour with Barcelona Day tours. So hoping and praying we can sleep on the plane. Don't know when we would be able to come back to Barcelona, so trying to pack as much as we can into the time we have. The next day we have earlier entrance into Sagrada Familia, so looking for for someone to take us to the church, come back to the hotel get our luggage and take us to the port. Welcome pick-up said they would do this for 195 euros. Which is a lot, but trying to make it as easy as possible at our age. So I just wanted to know if any fellow cruisers has used them before, and if they were pleased.

Well, I don't know where your hotel is.  The one I usually stay at is just off Las Ramblas.  I took the Metro to and from La Sagrada Familia.  If that's more than you care to take on, I would take a cab to the church, do your tour, take one back to your hotel, collect your luggage, and have the hotel summon a cab to take you to the ship.  That will cost you FAR less than 195 Euros.

About 3 years ago we docked in Barcelona and had a hotel near the Ramblas reserved for us.  We picked up a taxi at the port--he drove us to the hotel--he waited while we left our luggage--then he drove us to Sagrada Familia.  I think we gave him about 25 €.  On another occasion we paid 15€ (with tip) from a taxi stand by our off-Ramblas hotel to dock.  Taxis in Barcelona are pretty easily available at the Taxi stops.  

We are probably older than you are--so I think you could manage a taxi transaction in Barcelona.  haha.

16 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, I don't know where your hotel is.  The one I usually stay at is just off Las Ramblas.  I took the Metro to and from La Sagrada Familia.  

We usually walk there and back when we are in Barcelona as that part of the city is fairly flat from the Ramblas area.

Taxi prices are set. They would definitely be a cheaper option. 

It may be worth emailing  the concierge at the hotel you are staying at in Barcelona to see what alternatives they may be able to offer....They often have arrangements with tour and chauffeuring companies and may be able to come up with alternatives...