Meeting people from CC in person

lenquixote66

13 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We have been pretty active on CC from the very beginning (and on other blogs popular prior to CC) and met several folks that we recognized from posts.  In some cases it has gone beyond a simple meeting.  There is one English poster here on CC who we have socialized with both in England (when we were traveling) and in the USA (when he was traveling).  A few others have become cruising friends who we have socialized with on one or more cruises.   There is another poster (from near Dubrovnik) that we met during a port day and enjoyed a long lunch discussing travel/cruise related issues.

Hank

and maybe also that dutch couple???

15 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

There's question just begging to be asked. What is Al Gore like? 😉

I KNEW someone would ask that 😉   Never met Al, but did work with folks like Vint Cerf (one of the leads to develop TCP/IP).  coding on the good ole' IBM 360 at UCLA (where the first "internet" message was sent, from UCLA to Stanford). PL/1, MIX,  ARPANET, USENET.  Writing test plans for the stuff.  Good times for a girl who was a Sociology major but helped out her boyfriend who was a Math/Comp Sci major at UCLA in the early 70s.  It got me into the field and it's where I spent my career as an Software Test Engineer.  

Someday, I may meet someone on a cruise, have a fun or interesting time with them, and continue a relationship with him/her.  But, so far, that hasn't happened.  Good on those who have had that experience. 

BTW - Al may not have rhythm, but his college roommate may have.  At least the roommate could act. 

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hlitner said:

LOL.  The irony about our meeting is that we have never met on a ship.  Perhaps one of these days :).

Hank

The top question was  quote: Have you ever gotten friendly with a person on CC and met that person off line ? un quote. So I think meeting in Mexico and The Netherlands counts and yes maybe one day on a cruiseship too! See you in winter again!

PS we recently ejoyed seeing Bill and Virginia again in Amsterdam.

Edited by Ine

5 hours ago, Ine said:

The top question was  quote: Have you ever gotten friendly with a person on CC and met that person off line ? un quote. So I think meeting in Mexico and The Netherlands counts and yes maybe one day on a cruiseship too! See you in winter again!

PS we recently ejoyed seeing Bill and Virginia again in Amsterdam.

Those folks do get around and we assume they were on a cruise :).  You can breath easy because we are not coming to Holland this year :).   See you in Mexico,

Hank

• Haha 1

The idea is, meeting people online, gives you an idea if you might like meeting them in person.

I have several close friends that I met online, then in person and forged relationships.

Not that it is the only way, but one way.