New to O - Menu Preview/General questions

ropomo

3 minutes ago, ropomo said:

No, it was originally a thread about viewing menus on the TV on refurbished R-class ships and some specific questions regarding some allergy and other issues related to cabin accommodations. 🤨

And OP said "thanks for any insight."

33 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Does anyone really believe crocs are “ country club casual “? Give me a break!

Is this another “what’s the lowest I can go and still get in thread”? 

Viking doesn’t enforce any dress code, maybe some would be happier there!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:25 PM, ropomo said:

We will be on Regatta in a few months (2nd cruise after refurbishment) for our first O cruise.  A couple of questions on R-class post refurbishment:

•  With the new TV systems, are GDR and/or Terrace menus available to review on the TV?
  •  If not, are printed menus available in staterooms for Concierge class since those cabins can order room service from GDR during meal service?
  •  If no to both above, where can menus be viewed in advance?

General questions:

•  Concierge class may board at noon, does this mean stateroom will be ready then, or just that you can board and enjoy ship facilities (if the later, approximately what time are cabins available)?
  •  Are standard bed pillows feather/down based or foam/synthetic (wife and I have allergy to feather pillows).  If feather, am I correct in assuming that they can be changed out?
  •  Is distilled water available on board if needed for medical reasons (need to know if I need to bring my own, a gallon will be sufficient for my entire cruise)?
  •  Is the corkage fee option available only for wine, or can I take my favorite bottle of bourbon to the lounge of my choice and pay the corkage fee for it as well (assuming they would store the bottle there for me)?

Thanks for any insight.

They will supply distilled water for Cpap machines.

37 minutes ago, keithm said:

Oh c'mon!! King. You know as well as anyone that Crocs are not proper shoes for anything but the pool area.

OK  at breakfast or lunch in the MDR and The Terrace?   At least that is what works for me.  Is leather crocs/clogs not appropriate footwear at those times and venues?  🤔

https://oureverydaylife.com/how-to-dress-country-club-casual-men-12108332.html

Edited by Kingofcool1947

36 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

OK  at breakfast or lunch in the MDR and The Terrace?   At least that is what works for me.  Is leather crocs/clogs not appropriate footwear at those times and venues?  🤔

https://oureverydaylife.com/how-to-dress-country-club-casual-men-12108332.html

"Mandals" are almost as bad as Crocs!  And, she-god forbid, that anyone would wear socks with mandals.  I actually snapped a pic of a guy in Seattle with that 'look' and sent to the daughter.  She choked laughing.

29 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Crocs on some cruise lines are formal wear.  Happy that Oceania does not have formal nights.

So do they wear them with long pants?  Or would that be considered a "white tie and tails event"?

36 minutes ago, clo said:

"Mandals" are almost as bad as Crocs!  And, she-god forbid, that anyone would wear socks with mandals.  I actually snapped a pic of a guy in Seattle with that 'look' and sent to the daughter.  She choked laughing.

Worse is women wearing mandals.  I have seen a lot of women who also wear mandals at diner in the GDR.  They look so unbecoming on a woman as well.  Some women who even wear white socks with their mandals.  So unbecoming.  Especially if they have ugly feet, corns, or bunions.

What I hate is when they slip off their shoes, cross their bare feet and point them in my direction.   Ewww.  😱 I loose my appetite seeing that.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

2 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

I have seen a lot of women who also wear mandals at diner in the GDR.  They look so unbecoming on a woman as well.  Some women who even wear white socks with their mandals.  So unbecoming.  Especially if they have ugly feet, corns, or bunions.

Ugh.  I have relatively ugly feet and am aware of that and dress accordingly 🙂

Opinions be that as they may, you will see plenty of Crocs at dinner on Oceania. It's justified by "foot issues"

Unfortunately Oceania has it's share of K Mart Casual. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

What I hate is when they slip off their shoes, cross their bare feet and point them in my direction. 

They do that at dinner?????  I can't even imagine.

7 minutes ago, ORV said:

It's justified by "foot issues"

So would I be justified by asking if their feet are feeling better.  "I know you'll happy when you can get back to nice shoes.  Bless your heart."  🙂

• Haha 1

I actually had an isue with dress code on a cruise a few years ago.

I was on a ship's excursion which was an introduction to Scuba. I was the only one on the excursion, which was great - I got one-on-one instruction!

However, when we got back to land, I had scraped my leg on some coral (which initially was totally painless), so they poured ammonium chloride (or whatever) on it and antibiotic cream. However, once the feeling came back, it was excruciatingly painful to wear long pants, so I had to explain why I was wearing shorts for dinner for the rest of the cruise!

Of course, I also spent the rest of the cruise explaining that I did NOT rent a scooter and fall off!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clo said:

So would I be justified by asking if their feet are feeling better.  "I know you'll happy when you can get back to nice shoes.  Bless your heart."  🙂

A06C35DA-B84A-40E8-A71F-CDF903AFD71D.jpeg.5399ef6139f1bc475c2eb9ad831e0e83.jpeg

Like these?   Would  these not be considered Country Club footwear and not proper  for MDR?   What a shame.   Great comfort especially  for women with  Hammertoes, bunions, corns, and other foot deformities.  😉

Edited by Kingofcool1947

1 hour ago, Guindalf said:

I actually had an isue with dress code on a cruise a few years ago.

I was on a ship's excursion which was an introduction to Scuba. I was the only one on the excursion, which was great - I got one-on-one instruction!

However, when we got back to land, I had scraped my leg on some coral (which initially was totally painless), so they poured ammonium chloride (or whatever) on it and antibiotic cream. However, once the feeling came back, it was excruciatingly painful to wear long pants, so I had to explain why I was wearing shorts for dinner for the rest of the cruise!

Of course, I also spent the rest of the cruise explaining that I did NOT rent a scooter and fall off!

Didn't the Maitre D’ notice the scrapes or redness/rash on you leg?  I would think you would get a pass on the Dress Code for that reason?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

41 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

A06C35DA-B84A-40E8-A71F-CDF903AFD71D.jpeg.5399ef6139f1bc475c2eb9ad831e0e83.jpeg

Like these?   Would  these not be considered Country Club footwear and not proper  for MDR?   What a shame.   Great comfort especially  for women with  Hammertoes, bunions, corns, and other foot deformities.  😉

Those look like Dansko's which, IMneverHO, would be probably just as wrong as Crocs.  There are tons of super comfortable, even therapeutic shoes for women.  Like these.

Hayden Half d'Orsay Flat, Main, color, NAVY SUEDE AND PATENT LEATHER

8 minutes ago, clo said:

Those look like Dansko's which, IMneverHO, would be probably just as wrong as Crocs.  There are tons of super comfortable, even therapeutic shoes for women.  Like these.

Hayden Half d'Orsay Flat, Main, color, NAVY SUEDE AND PATENT LEATHER

Your shoe looks comfortable and much more stylish.   :classic_wink:

Thank you.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

8 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Your shoe looks comfortable and much more stylish.   :classic_wink:

Thank you.

I copied it from Nordstrom site of "comfortable shoes."  It has a foam innersole.  Some of them aren't nearly as pretty as that but far better than Crocs etc.

Glad to be of help.

46 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Didn't the Maitre D’ notice the scrapes or redness/rash on you leg?  I would think you would get a pass on the Dress Code for that reason?

Oh yes. Once I pointed it out, I had no problems. I'm sure I got funny looks from some of the other passengers who couldn't see the scrape, but what the heck.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, minirottie said:

On our last Oceania cruise, they weren't enforcing either...jeans in Toscana, no collared shirts for men

This is all I saw on their site:

"

Country Club Casual

Feel at Home Away from Home

Isn’t it wonderful to feel welcome and comfortable when traveling? It makes the experience so much more enjoyable and encourages you to mingle with shipmates and to fully explore your ship and the exciting destinations visited. We have carefully selected the rich color and texture of every fabric, the vibrant glow of every sconce and the plush cushion of each settee, designing each detail so that our ships naturally exude a warm, inviting ambiance imbuing everyone on board with a sense of elegance and comfort. You are instantly put at ease, and it’s so refreshingly casual and friendly that it’s like being in your own private country club where everyone knows your name.

Come and Go as You Please

This is elegance without pretense nor the need for tuxedos and evening gowns. This is a world where you can be yourself. The overwhelming sense of comfort and belonging seems to kindle geniality. Striking up conversations and making new friends becomes effortless. Meet over cocktails in Martinis and recount adventures ashore. Ask another couple to join you for a friendly game of cards. You will find it exceedingly easy to be sociable. Sometimes you may want nothing more than to relax by yourself. Take comfort in knowing that there are plenty of private retreats reserved just for you.

WHERE YOU BELONG

Country club casual ambiance; tuxedos and gowns are never required

Experience the joys of sophisticated and comfortable elegance

Feel so relaxed, it’s as if you are visiting your own private country club

Stylish appointments exude warmth without pretense

Grand venues and intimate casual spaces

Rich fabrics, soft lighting and art masterpieces throughout

Everything designed with your well-being in mind

The comfort of smoke-free environments 

So I guess everyone can do as they please...and do 😞

1 minute ago, clo said:

This is all I saw on their site:

"

Country Club Casual

Feel at Home Away from Home

Isn’t it wonderful to feel welcome and comfortable when traveling? It makes the experience so much more enjoyable and encourages you to mingle with shipmates and to fully explore your ship and the exciting destinations visited. We have carefully selected the rich color and texture of every fabric, the vibrant glow of every sconce and the plush cushion of each settee, designing each detail so that our ships naturally exude a warm, inviting ambiance imbuing everyone on board with a sense of elegance and comfort. You are instantly put at ease, and it’s so refreshingly casual and friendly that it’s like being in your own private country club where everyone knows your name.

Come and Go as You Please

This is elegance without pretense nor the need for tuxedos and evening gowns. This is a world where you can be yourself. The overwhelming sense of comfort and belonging seems to kindle geniality. Striking up conversations and making new friends becomes effortless. Meet over cocktails in Martinis and recount adventures ashore. Ask another couple to join you for a friendly game of cards. You will find it exceedingly easy to be sociable. Sometimes you may want nothing more than to relax by yourself. Take comfort in knowing that there are plenty of private retreats reserved just for you.

WHERE YOU BELONG

Country club casual ambiance; tuxedos and gowns are never required

Experience the joys of sophisticated and comfortable elegance

Feel so relaxed, it’s as if you are visiting your own private country club

Stylish appointments exude warmth without pretense

Grand venues and intimate casual spaces

Rich fabrics, soft lighting and art masterpieces throughout

Everything designed with your well-being in mind

The comfort of smoke-free environments 

So I guess everyone can do as they please...and do 😞

So,  you?  Which side of Oceania Dress Code Policy do you stand?