New to O - Menu Preview/General questions

ropomo

We will be on Regatta in a few months (2nd cruise after refurbishment) for our first O cruise.  A couple of questions on R-class post refurbishment:

•  With the new TV systems, are GDR and/or Terrace menus available to review on the TV?
  •  If not, are printed menus available in staterooms for Concierge class since those cabins can order room service from GDR during meal service?
  •  If no to both above, where can menus be viewed in advance?

General questions:

•  Concierge class may board at noon, does this mean stateroom will be ready then, or just that you can board and enjoy ship facilities (if the later, approximately what time are cabins available)?
  •  Are standard bed pillows feather/down based or foam/synthetic (wife and I have allergy to feather pillows).  If feather, am I correct in assuming that they can be changed out?
  •  Is distilled water available on board if needed for medical reasons (need to know if I need to bring my own, a gallon will be sufficient for my entire cruise)?
  •  Is the corkage fee option available only for wine, or can I take my favorite bottle of bourbon to the lounge of my choice and pay the corkage fee for it as well (assuming they would store the bottle there for me)?

Thanks for any insight.

No, your room won't be ready at noon.  The higher suites MIGHT be, but not concierge.  But you won't have to wait until 3 or 4 to get into your room.  They seem to prepared the top suites first, and then work down by category.

They do have a pillow menu and while I don't remember specifically what the choices were, I'm sure there were some non-feather pillows.

Never thought about distilled water... so I don't know.

No, you can't take your bourbon outside of the room.  My memory says that the corkage fee is only for wine.

spirits & beer is for consumption in your cabin only

wine will have a corkage fee if you take it to the dining venues  ...if you drink it in your cabin no fee

Make sure to advise them ahead of time  about the feather allergy  I think the duvets are also feather

concierge rooms are usually ready about 1:30 pm

Before the reno  the menus were in the Daily Currents delivered the night before 

GDR dinner was on TV

Menus are also posted outside the dining venues

My DW. Has a CPAP and we requested distilled water and an adapter on the insignia last week. We just informed our cruise planner and she did the rest, along with getting our room fridge stocked with Caffeine Free Diet Coke. 

Beloved has feather allergy and letting O know has always ensured feather fee room, both in balcony suites and concerage.  Also requested non cola pop and it was in fridge on boarding.

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

MURA

I believe the pillow menus are for the top suites only  

someone will correct me if wrong

Never had one in Concierge  cabins

That certainly could be!  The most we ever did was look at the list and then stick with what we'd been given.

But even so, I'm sure that ANY passenger who has problems with feather pillows (and duvets) can ask for a replacement.  The staff certainly doesn't want a serious allergy attack to a passenger who is allergic to these items.

Mura

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mura said:

That certainly could be!  The most we ever did was look at the list and then stick with what we'd been given.

But even so, I'm sure that ANY passenger who has problems with feather pillows (and duvets) can ask for a replacement.  The staff certainly doesn't want a serious allergy attack to a passenger who is allergic to these items.

Mura

Of course  an allergy supersedes  any amenity perk

I did not mean to imply otherwise

25 minutes ago, bluemuzz said:

New to Oceania - when it says NO sandals, does it mean no flip flops? Can I wear nice dressy type sandals?  Some of my open toe shoes could be deemed a sandal.

Not to worry.   You will be fine in your open toe shoes if they are fancy  type dress sandals.    Have seen a woman once wear fuzzy pink house open toe slippers in the GDR everyday evening on 10 day cruise.  She got some raised eyebrows from other dinners.   No rubber flip flops AKA shower shoes in GDR at dinner..  Have not seen women or men wearing them in GDR at dinner service.  Terrace buffet?  Yes.

Good luck.  Enjoy.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

36 minutes ago, bluemuzz said:

New to Oceania - when it says NO sandals, does it mean no flip flops? Can I wear nice dressy type sandals?  Some of my open toe shoes could be deemed a sandal.

yes dress style   are OK

No sandals at dinner  mean beach type  shoes

56 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

yes dress style   are OK

No sandals at dinner  mean beach type  shoes

1 hour ago, bluemuzz said:

How about Crocs?

Oceania sells cabin categories with embarkation and cabin access. You can check times online.  They will let you on the ship. They will make announcements when each type of cabin is available.  It spreads out the rush of people trying to get to cabins. Less expensive cabins wait longer. Not a big deal. 

5 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

Where may I send my opinions of your attire?

If you google "are crocs ugly?" you'll find countless articles that begin with the fact that, yes, they're ugly and that's part of their appeal.  🙂  I DO have a pair of Dansko closed-heel clogs that I originally bought to wear only in my kitchen but will also wear when there's maybe an inch of snow and I don't have to put snow boots on.

6 minutes ago, clo said:

If you google "are crocs ugly?" you'll find countless articles that begin with the fact that, yes, they're ugly and that's part of their appeal.  🙂  I DO have a pair of Dansko closed-heel clogs that I originally bought to wear only in my kitchen but will also wear when there's maybe an inch of snow and I don't have to put snow boots on.

Good, throw them in the Suitcase.  😆

Does anyone really believe crocs are “ country club casual “? Give me a break!

Is this another “what’s the lowest I can go and still get in thread”? 

Viking doesn’t enforce any dress code, maybe some would be happier there!

Edited by pinotlover

26 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Is this another “what’s the lowest I can go and still get in thread”? 

No, it was originally a thread about viewing menus on the TV on refurbished R-class ships and some specific questions regarding some allergy and other issues related to cabin accommodations. 🤨