Our 1st B2B is booked, two different ships....

We just booked our first back 2 back cruises for our 15th anniversary, well I guess its not really a true back 2 back since we will be going on two different ships with a day in between, Adventure Sept 24, 2020 - Oct 3, 2020 to NE/Canada then on Oasis from Oct 4, 2020 - Oct 11, 2020 to Cococay Perfect day. 

Anyone that has done back 2 backs on different ships are there any perks like the true b2b people get, I am assuming not but maybe I'm missing something.

We live about an hour and half from Bayonne so we are now deciding our plans for the day in between, if we are going to drive/park or have someone drop us off.  If we drive we will pack a different bag to swap out the warmer clothes for the shorts. We are also trying to talk some friends into coming for the second leg of our trip, if that happens we can make them bring our second bag!  Maybe we will just go home and drive back (this is the least likely choice).  Any suggestions on places to stay for that single night?

We will go from platinum to emerald on the second cruise, do you get those benefits that cruise or do you get the new benefits on the next cruise after you reach the new level?

We are really excited (we got the $18 glitch for the first leg), this will be our first cruises in over 10 years, can't believe it's over a year until we sail but I will live vicariously through others on here until then. 

Happy Cruising!!

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

No perks for a side-to-side.  You will have to wait for your next cruise to get the perks of Emerald.

Didn’t know that was what they called it, now I have a new term to search....thanks!

30 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

What perks do you get for a b2b ?

Nothing other than you get to spend almost an entire extra day on board without the hassles of transporting yourselves to or from home. Depending on which port you are sailing from, it may also cost you less to park your car in the port's lots.

56 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

What perks do you get for a b2b ?

Watching others leave the ship and knowing you get to stay on for another cruise. 😉 We've always received a consecutive cruisers lunch in the MDR. On a rare occasion RC has even provided wine with our lunch. 

• Like 1

I see you live in Bethlehem,  PA.  Have you considered taking Trans Bridge to the port and parking your car at LVIA?  Cheap parking and reasonable rates to ride the bus. Even cheaper if you’re a senior. That way you’d get home by noon and have the day to do laundry, etc.  

My husband and I take the bus for every cruise out of Bayonne - so convenient and economical!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Croozin Soozin said:

I see you live in Bethlehem,  PA.  Have you considered taking Trans Bridge to the port and parking your car at LVIA?  Cheap parking and reasonable rates to ride the bus. Even cheaper if you’re a senior. That way you’d get home by noon and have the day to do laundry, etc.  

My husband and I take the bus for every cruise out of Bayonne - so convenient and economical!

We will put that on our list of options, our friends seem to be leaning towards going on the second leg so we may have use that option to get there then ride back with them after the second cruise

2 minutes ago, eswort said:

We will put that on our list of options, our friends seem to be leaning towards going on the second leg so we may have use that option to get there then ride back with them after the second cruise

Well, THAT would be perfect!

Yes, as Bob said, we call that a S2S. 

There are lots of local hotels, but none nearby.  There are some properties on VRBO nearby.  Ubering back and forth would be very easy.  (I couldn't get any results to come up on airbnb, but that could be a website glitch or a lack of properties)

If you decide to stay in the area of Bayonne the day between your ship to ship cruises, Jersey City would be a good choice. Spectacular views of Manhattan, easy access into the city via PATH and you could visit Ellis and Liberty Islands from Liberty State Park in Jersey City. Me, I would drive the 90 minutes home.

3 hours ago, Croozin Soozin said:

Second that idea, the price for seniors is hard to beat, cheaper for us to get friends to drop us at the airport, Uber drive to our house in Bethlehem post cruise is $10.

Some old folks like us may remember "back in the day" when RCCL used to provide complimentary (1 night was the most we ever received) when you had a day between a S2S...sadly, not anymore.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Some old folks like us may remember "back in the day" when RCCL used to provide complimentary hotel accommodations (1 night was the most we ever received) when you had a day between a S2S...sadly, not anymore.

I decided not to tantalize the OP with that tidbit.  😉

(The last time I received that benefit, I was cruising first on the Oasis, then on the Mariner.  The Oasis was in Fort Lauderdale;  the Mariner was in Los Angeles.  😀 😯 😀 )

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Smiling 😀...thanks...intentionally forgot the words "hotel stay" after complimentary...but you knew what it was....smile.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, meadowlander said:

Me, I would drive the 90 minutes home.

Me, too!

To be able to relax in my own bed, replenish any toiletries that need to be topped up, shower with guaranteed good water pressure, etc., would totally be worth driving 90 minutes.  

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

(The last time I received that benefit, I was cruising first on the Oasis, then on the Mariner.  The Oasis was in Fort Lauderdale;  the Mariner was in Los Angeles.  😀 😯 😀 )

We once did a S2S with a day in between with a Royal ship and a Celebrity ship.  And Royal gave us a nice room at the Hilton with transfers.  Oh, how we miss the good old days 🙂

Sorry OP- nothing from RCCL.  

A few years ago we did a side-by-side (same day) in Port Canaveral. I got off the Freedom and got on Explorer on the same day. Royal Caribbean wouldn’t even provide transportation between two ships.  We were on our own.   In fact, RCCL told me that the two terminals were so close, that we could just walk from one to the other. I guess they forgot about that long draw bridge inbetween the old terminal and the new terminal.  Perhaps they expected us to swim across the marina. 

We’ve done several side-by-side cruises some on the same day some the next day. Those that were not on the same day,  we just simply consider two separate cruises.

Enjoy your time on board. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

1 hour ago, Virtopia said:

I'm doing a S2S in November with no days in between - Navigator ends the day Explorer starts from the Port of Miami.

Do I have to leave the port? I'm assuming it will be a different terminal.

Only if you want to.... I'd just take a cab from one terminal to the next!

43 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Sorry OP- nothing from RCCL.  

A few years ago we did a side-by-side (same day) in Port Canaveral. I got off the Freedom and got on Explorer on the same day. Royal Caribbean wouldn’t even provide transportation between two ships.  We were on our own.   In fact, RCCL told me that the two terminals were so close, that we could just walk from one to the other. I guess they forgot about that long draw bridge inbetween the old terminal and the new terminal.  Perhaps they expected us to swim across the marina. 

We’ve done several side-by-side cruises some on the same day some the next day. Those that were not on the same day,  we just simply consider two separate cruises.

Enjoy your time on board. 

M

The people that I have talked to recently have all reported that RC provided them with transportation.  Even from Miami to Fort Lauderdale! (or was it the reverse?)

I don't know if it depends on how many people need the transfer or if they have just gotten more open to the idea.

14 hours ago, eswort said:

Didn’t know that was what they called it, now I have a new term to search....thanks!

It is something that it is called only on Cruise Critic. As long as you search side to side on Cruise Critic you'll be OK. On Google you'll come up dry except for links that steer you back to Cruise Critic. 🙂

7 hours ago, Virtopia said:

I'm doing a S2S in November with no days in between - Navigator ends the day Explorer starts from the Port of Miami.

Do I have to leave the port? I'm assuming it will be a different terminal.

It would be a bit of a walk, but it might be doable to simply walk between them - POM is not like PE, it's just one long string of terminals (thought new Terminal A is pretty far from G).

23 hours ago, brillohead said:

Only if you want to.... I'd just take a cab from one terminal to the next!

16 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It would be a bit of a walk, but it might be doable to simply walk between them - POM is not like PE, it's just one long string of terminals (thought new Terminal A is pretty far from G).

Thank you both - a cab it is ☺️