3 in a Mini Suite

baseballmom2

3 minutes ago, baseballmom2 said:

When there are 3 people in a mini, is it possible for the 3rd person to sleep in the pull down bed or do they have to be in the couch bed? 

Could be either or.

Yes they could sleep in the upper berth if there is one.

If it is only a 3 berth cabin then it could be the sofa only.

The bed will likely be more comfortable in the bunk bed that drops from the ceiling.  My sister used the couch (sofa bed)on our last cruise and it was SO uncomfortable (Island Princess, April 2019).  On the second night we asked for a mattress pad, and they brought us a huge, 2 inch memory foam topper that was stored in the room during the day.  it was bulky but needed. It's not fun to have 3 in a mini suite when the bed was paper thin on its own.  Our experience on the Royal Princess sofa bed was very positive two years before.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

The bed will likely be more comfortable in the bunk bed that drops from the ceiling.  My sister used the couch (sofa bed)on our last cruise and it was SO uncomfortable (Island Princess, April 2019).  On the second night we asked for a mattress pad, and they brought us a huge, 2 inch memory foam topper that was stored in the room during the day.  it was bulky but needed. It's not fun to have 3 in a mini suite when the bed was paper thin on its own.  Our experience on the Royal Princess sofa bed was very positive two years before.  

Yea - the couch is incredibly uncomfortable.

Just check ahead of time and find out what kind of occupancy room you have. Not all have the ceiling bed. Better to find out now, than to be surprised later.

The couch itself is actually more comfortable that the bed in it. She may just want to sleep on that if that is the alternative. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jennybenny said:

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Yea - the couch is incredibly uncomfortable.

We, me, hubby, and Mother-in-law, were in a mini suite on the Emerald Princess.  MIL slept on the couch bed.  She said it was very comfortable.

When my DD was younger and cruising with us, we would ask the Steward to please put down the pulldown bunk for her at night and put it back up during the day so we could utilize the seating area. It worked out great and we tipped well for this extra request.😉

Hoping for the best on the sofa bed in MiniSuite on GoldenP. For my mom. Hearing that different ships have different comfort-sofabeds. 

Sofabed on HAL Zaandam was very comfortable: the sofa-seat flipped to a thick single bed mattress with no cross bars. I was hoping for something similar.

Sounds like we'll be requesting the foam-topper and 'storing' it on the big bed during the day.

8 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

We, me, hubby, and Mother-in-law, were in a mini suite on the Emerald Princess.  MIL slept on the couch bed.  She said it was very comfortable.

I have been on it multiple times and for me it wasn't.