Diamond drink question

I’ve seen the list of liquors offered for the Diamond drinks that are loaded on your card each night, and I’m wondering if you can order any type of cocktail/mixed drink?  Such as a margarita, White Russian, lemon drop martini, etc., or if you’re limited to the basic mixed drinks like rum and coke, vodka tonic?  

I don’t remember having this perk before or, if I did, I didn’t take advantage of it. My ex-husband was my companion diamond member and now that we don’t cruise together anymore, I won’t use the diamond lounges since I can’t take my daughter (or whoever I’m traveling with).  

25 minutes ago, patcacmt said:

I’ve seen the list of liquors offered for the Diamond drinks that are loaded on your card each night, and I’m wondering if you can order any type of cocktail/mixed drink?  Such as a margarita, White Russian, lemon drop martini, etc., or if you’re limited to the basic mixed drinks like rum and coke, vodka tonic?  

I don’t remember having this perk before or, if I did, I didn’t take advantage of it. My ex-husband was my companion diamond member and now that we don’t cruise together anymore, I won’t use the diamond lounges since I can’t take my daughter (or whoever I’m traveling with).  

Everything you listed is included.  You also get three drinks loaded onto your sea pass card if you would rather go to any bar on the ship.  DL drinks are also ok to order in the showrooms, specialty dining and MDR during happy hour. I see you are on Harmony, Voucher drinks are also available in the Wonderland bar and they are all top shelf liquor.  Chocolate Martinis flow like water.  Some have reported there is no problem sharing voucher drinks at any bar. IMG_3503.thumb.JPG.d46ab9f275e760a7c1faeebd22842d4e.JPG

35 minutes ago, patcacmt said:

My  wife has no trouble getting a "margarita",( but I believe they may leave out the triple sec).

11 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Everything you listed is included.  You also get three drinks loaded onto your sea pass card if you would rather go to any bar on the ship.  DL drinks are also ok to order in the showrooms, specialty dining and MDR during happy hour. I see you are on Harmony, Voucher drinks are also available in the Wonderland bar and they are all top shelf liquor.  Chocolate Martinis flow like water.  Some have reported there is no problem sharing voucher drinks at any bar.

You cannot get a white russian.  That has Kahlua.  Not available as part of the "Diamond" drinks.

Great, thanks for the info. And the updated list!  I’ve wondered if I could order a drink for my daughter out of the three loaded on my card. Someone mentioned that some bars might allow it, others are sticklers for the rules. Three drinks in a three-hour timeframe would be a lot for me alone, so I’m hoping they don’t have to go to waste, but I could always grab a water or coke chaser, I guess. 😄

3 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Did the drink list used to include Baileys? Now it says Irish Cream. Does anyone know the current brand used?

It's not a set brand.  It's whatever cheap substitute they find.  Sorry to sound so cynical, but there you have it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, patcacmt said:

Great, thanks for the info. And the updated list!  I’ve wondered if I could order a drink for my daughter out of the three loaded on my card. Someone mentioned that some bars might allow it, others are sticklers for the rules. Three drinks in a three-hour timeframe would be a lot for me alone, so I’m hoping they don’t have to go to waste, but I could always grab a water or coke chaser, I guess. 😄

We have never had a problem ordering all 3 drinks at once.  We often pick up 3 bottles of water with my husband’s card, as he does not drink much alcohol.  I often order one drink, then a double Bailey’s (or I guess it will now be a cheaper Irish Cream) without ice, then put it in the cabin fridge (cooler) to add to coffee the next day. 

25 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

You cannot get a white russian.  That has Kahlua.  Not available as part of the "Diamond" drinks.

Had 2 White Russians, one before the show in the theater and one at intermission using the vouchers. .   My wife had cranberry and Amaretto using the vouchers. Also no problem getting a Belvedere Martini in Wonderland.  This was on the Symphony TA. The bar tenders seem to be vary accommodating . Big difference ordering from a waiter or going up to the bar. 

4 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Had 2 White Russians, one before the show in the theater and one at intermission using the vouchers. .   My wife had cranberry and Amaretto using the vouchers. Also no problem getting a Belvedere Martini in Wonderland.  This was on the Symphony TA. The bar tenders seem to be vary accommodating . Big difference ordering from a waiter or going up to the bar. 

I am surprised.  But I am happy that you got the drinks  that you like. Of course, RC would love to crack down on this practice.  Keep on telling them how you did this.  😞

• Like 1

Last cruise chocolate Martinis were flowing like crazy. They must use Kahlua or Godiva liquor or something not on the list. 

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

I am surprised.  But I am happy that you got the drinks  that you like. Of course, RC would love to crack down on this practice.  Keep on telling them how you did this.  😞

Last cruise in the Dl the chocolate Martinis were flowing non stop. You need Kahula or Godiva liquor or something not on the list. 

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

My friend who recently sailed on the Grandeur also said that instead of New Amsterdam vodka (which is HORRIBLE), they were pouring Barton's, which he said is even worse!!!!!!!!!!!!  😮

I didn’t know they had a Vodka worse than NA. Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Last cruise chocolate Martinis were flowing like crazy. They must use Kahlua or Godiva liquor or something not on the list. 

Last cruise in the Dl the chocolate Martinis were flowing non stop. You need Kahula or Godiva liquor or something not on the list. 

No, they make the chocolate martini with the cheap Bailey's substitute.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Last week on the Majesty it was Baileys.

I forgot to mention this was in the Schooner bar. I don't know what they were using in the Diamond Lounge/Viking Crown Lounge.

So. im not much of a drinker and I see the list of vodkas, rums, etc that are included on the diamond happy hr perk...thanks for posting..question is can someone give me some ideas of drinks I can order I normally get fru fru frozen drinks but I know thats not included...Thanks

13 minutes ago, kimala said:

So. im not much of a drinker and I see the list of vodkas, rums, etc that are included on the diamond happy hr perk...thanks for posting..question is can someone give me some ideas of drinks I can order I normally get fru fru frozen drinks but I know thats not included...Thanks

Martini, Cosmopolitan, Lemon Drop, Gin & Tonic, Rum & Coke,  ....

On 8/1/2019 at 7:54 AM, kimala said:

Other possibilities include Rob Roys (scotch) and Manhattans (although technically they don't offer a bourbon), and some good aperitifs made with Campari, such as an Americano or Negroni. Often the bartenders will make up a rum punch or other tropical-style drinks if asked, with the ingredients at hand. Fizzes and spritzers may be possible, too, made with soda water and sparkling wine, respectively.

2 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

Other possibilities include Rob Roys (scotch) and Manhattans (although technically they don't offer a bourbon), and some good aperitifs made with Campari, such as an Americano or Negroni. Often the bartenders will make up a rum punch or other tropical-style drinks if asked, with the ingredients at hand. Fizzes and spritzers may be possible, too, made with soda water and sparkling wine, respectively.

A friend currently on the Mariner just told me that they are NOT serving bubbly in the Lounge!  😮