No lunch break on Celebrity excursion (Dolphin swim & Stingray)

zitsky

I signed up for an excursion that starts at 11am and runs for 4 1/2 hours.  There is no mention of a stop for lunch and nothing about a snack bar at the location.  I know the answer is "call customer service" but since it's Sunday I thought I'd ask here.  Will I be eating Clif bars for lunch that day?

Day 6 19-Dec-2019 George Town, Grand Cayman   Tour: GCI2 - Dolphin Swim and Stingray City Reservation Time: 2019-12-19 11:00 AM      

I had a similar issue for a submarine & bus tour in Barbados - emailed Captains Club to be told no lunch included, no break to have lunch and not allowed to take any food off the boat. Tour runs from 10.45 until 2.30 I think it was.

I think we may take the tour since the combined submarine/bus tour is cheaper than submarine on its own for some reason - and just decide on the day if we skip the bus tour section and head back for lunch

7 hours ago, colville2002 said:

I had a similar issue for a submarine & bus tour in Barbados - emailed Captains Club to be told no lunch included, no break to have lunch and not allowed to take any food off the boat. Tour runs from 10.45 until 2.30 I think it was.

I think we may take the tour since the combined submarine/bus tour is cheaper than submarine on its own for some reason - and just decide on the day if we skip the bus tour section and head back for lunch

Where can I find the Captain's Club email?  I'm all over the website but can't seem to find the "Contact Us" page.

If the tour description doesn't include the statement that lunch is included, it's not included in the price. If you need to eat then book another tour that includes lunch, snack or the ability to purchase food along the way.

Also, if you have special dietary needs and a lunch is included be sure to inform the Excursion desk of your needs! 

Edited by Orator
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Where can I find the Captain's Club email?  I'm all over the website but can't seem to find the "Contact Us" page.

I just used the customer service address and got a fairly quick response 

CustomerServiceUK@celebritycruises.com

Although I'm sure I've seen a Captains club address before

23 hours ago, zitsky said:

I signed up for an excursion that starts at 11am and runs for 4 1/2 hours.  There is no mention of a stop for lunch and nothing about a snack bar at the location.  I know the answer is "call customer service" but since it's Sunday I thought I'd ask here.  Will I be eating Clif bars for lunch that day?

I bet the the Dolphins and Stingrays don't stop for lunch (if they did there would be an outcry from disgruntled passengers saying I paid good money and all I saw was Dolphins and Stingrays eating a hamburger).

Oh 4 1/2 hours without getting something to eat, panic.

Sometimes I have to shake my head in disbelief, rollon more exciting themes like "Edge - Bar Soap", at least you can get your teeth (or dentures) into that one.

image.png.50823bd9fdc044c980be71977f377eb0.png

23 hours ago, zitsky said:

Take a doggie bag along from breakfast.

Seriously, you could pick up something once you tender at the port and bring it along with you..  There is a DQ among other recognizable names.

Edited by keesar

I would be perfectly fine eating a Clif Bar if I was allowed to take food off the ship.  My partner is not as good as I am at skipping meals.  Some people have to worry about low blood sugar.

Thanks for the advice.

I schedule all our excursions during that time frame, when I can. We ate late breakfast on the ship. If you'll need food during the excursions, you may bring factory packaged items, such as Kind Bars  and bottles of water off the ship. 

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I would be perfectly fine eating a Clif Bar if I was allowed to take food off the ship.  My partner is not as good as I am at skipping meals.  Some people have to worry about low blood sugar.

Thanks for the advice.

In nearly every port bringing factory sealed items (such as a Clif bar) is legal. What is illegal in many ports  is bringing undeclared fresh food (i.e. meats, fruits, veggies, dairy etc.). The agricultural laws vary from country-to-country.

• Like 1

Okay. Give OP a break about ‘meeting your specific needs’. People need to eat. You don’t need to book a special excursion for that. I eat every few hours myself so I pay attention to opportunities for food when traveling. I’ve never been on a 4+ hour excursion without an opportunity to use a bathroom and grab something to eat; even if it’s not mentioned in the description. I wouldn’t stress over that. Bring a couple packages snacks with you (yes, anything individually factory sealed is fine to take off in port) to tide you over just in case but almost certainly there will be an opportunity for bathrooms/photos/shopping where you would be able to grab something quick.

Edited by sanger727
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, colville2002 said:

You could book the submarine independently if that’s all you’re interested in. It’s only a 10 minute walk from the ship. 

Its a great trip btw

19 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Okay. Give OP a break about ‘meeting your specific needs’. People need to eat. You don’t need to book a special excursion for that. I eat every few hours myself so I pay attention to opportunities for food when traveling. I’ve never been on a 4+ hour excursion without an opportunity to use a bathroom and grab something to eat; even if it’s not mentioned in the description. I wouldn’t stress over that. Bring a couple packages snacks with you (yes, anything individually factory sealed is fine to take off in port) to tide you over just in case but almost certainly there will be an opportunity for bathrooms/photos/shopping where you would be able to grab something quick.

Thanks for that comment!

7 hours ago, Highpeaklad said:

You could book the submarine independently if that’s all you’re interested in. It’s only a 10 minute walk from the ship. 

Its a great trip btw

Thanks, we may do it that way instead but I think the Celebrity submarine + bus works out quite a bit cheaper over 5 people - no idea why it's so much cheaper than the submarine tour on its own.

My son wanted to do it in December when we stopped at Grand Cayman but due to weather it was cancelled - we've promised him we'll try again this year