New gangways for OPT

50 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Not an engineer just a nutter.

Which means I can but out problems, I’m sure that’s what they mean when they say I’m a nutter.

total strangers who meet me for the first time, say to Mrs Gut, “Gee he’s a nutter”. It must be that obvious.

yep.............believe me ............it's obvious

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Maybe just slip a couple of bricks under each corner, or a block and tackle around the rafters to lift the deck.

Stop bragging about you block and tackle and come up with a plan to raise the bridge!

3 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Well , to date, raisin the bridge is currant-ly  the best idea, lowering the water level is just an-insult-ana to ones intelligence......and covering the bridge in prunes to help move it is also out of the question.

OK how about laying the ship on it's side as it passes under.  Just like the motorbikes under the semi trailers on Mission Impossible.

19 minutes ago, banzaii said:

OK how about laying the ship on it's side as it passes under.  Just like the motorbikes under the semi trailers on Mission Impossible.

Oh come on...please......this is a serious discussion....how many drinks would be spilt if they did that...not to mention food being lost off plates in the buffet...get real 😀

2 hours ago, gbenjo said:

yep.............believe me ............it's obvious

Explained some of my theories to som3 school kids at a museum once, heard them say to their teacher, that man is an absolute nutter. Clever kids bet they did real good in the HSC.

31 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Oh come on...please......this is a serious discussion....how many drinks would be spilt if they did that...not to mention food being lost off plates in the buffet...get real 😀

instead of going under the bridge, they should try coming at it from the other side .......  simple!!

19 minutes ago, vozzie said:

..or...a la European River Cruise....put a hinge, or hydraulic lifts, on the funnels and lower them as they go under the bridge...

That has been done for the Oasis class ships to fit under a bridge between the yard where they were built  at and the open sea ( saw it on a tv doco)  so theoretically that would work but I  think the cost would be prohibitive and would mean keeping the same few ships down under, they could not then deploy different ships to Australia.....and everyone would whinge about the same old ships here all the time.😡

3 hours ago, gbenjo said:

OK I apologise - I've gone too far.  I didn't consider the spillage factor let alone people giving up their cookies.😊.

However, if they started to integrate such a feature into all new builds, many more ports would be opened up to the Cruise Industry. but obviously it's not cost effective, because they would have already done it...you would think.

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

More ballast pumped in just as the get to the coat hanger

Are we back to every passenger grabbing a bucket of water?

Each bucket lowers the water level in the harbour and by taking it onboard, lowers the height of the ship in the water.

You are brilliant Mr Gut!

2 hours ago, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

instead of going under the bridge, they should try coming at it from the other side .......  simple!!

Genius, I was still thinking of stunts like the motorbike jumping the row of double decker buses.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

We need a southern naval base in case we are attacked by Antacticans.

I hear they are attacking over the next few days, sending in cold and nasty weather aplenty.

And guess what, the Navy at Garden Is is helpless to stop em!

40 minutes ago, vozzie said:

..or...a la European River Cruise....put a hinge, or hydraulic lifts, on the funnels and lower them as they go under the bridge...

13 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

That has been done for the Oasis class ships to fit under a bridge between the yard where they were built  at and the open sea ( saw it on a tv doco)  so theoretically that would work but I  think the cost would be prohibitive and would mean keeping the same few ships down under, they could not then deploy different ships to Australia.....and everyone would whinge about the same old ships here all the time.😡

10 minutes ago, vozzie said:

However, if they started to integrate such a feature into all new builds, many more ports would be opened up to the Cruise Industry. but obviously it's not cost effective, because they would have already done it...you would think.

Oh now who's being ridiculous?😉

Would that really be enough to get ships under the harbour bridge and other around the world?

1 hour ago, banzaii said:

Are we back to every passenger grabbing a bucket of water?

Each bucket lowers the water level in the harbour and by taking it onboard, lowers the height of the ship in the water.

You are brilliant Mr Gut!

Not brilliant just great at nutting out problems, pretty sure that’s why everyone says I’m a nutter anyway.

10 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Well , to date, raisin the bridge is currant-ly  the best idea, lowering the water level is just an-insult-ana to ones intelligence......and covering the bridge in prunes to help move it is also out of the question.

Not part of the budgeting process then.