Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

<<<<<<<This is huge — our complete lineup of 2020-21 sailings now open to book<<<<<<<Royal sent this email to me. NOPE! No Europe 2021. It said so but when I went to the website (clicking under Europe 2020-December 2021) only 2020 stuff. Sigh...thanks for getting my hopes up Royal!

47 minutes ago, jrmende63 said:

<<<<<<<This is huge — our complete lineup of 2020-21 sailings now open to book<<<<<<<Royal sent this email to me. NOPE! No Europe 2021. It said so but when I went to the website (clicking under Europe 2020-December 2021) only 2020 stuff. Sigh...thanks for getting my hopes up Royal!

My guess is that the season for 2020-2021 traditionally is from the May 2020 through the April 2021 sailings, with a few exceptions. Europe 2021 will more than likely be released later in the year as it usually begins with May sailings.  Look for that release with the 2021 - 2022 deployments. 

4 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I would think Anthem would come back to New York, but I don't think Royal would have two flagships come to NY at the same time. What Voyager or Freedom class ship could come, that has not already been confirmed?

How do you define flagships?

21 minutes ago, springaussie said:

If Oasis 5 isn’t going to Asia I would suspect she would sail straight to New Jersey to work the premium market. 

Harmony would be in Barcelona. 

Why New York though? As much as I would love for it to come here, I feel like it would go to Miami first. But, I hope I'm wrong.

15 hours ago, jrmende63 said:

I got this email yesterday, as well.  IMO, it was terribly misleading.  I am aware that the second half of 2021 deployments usually open in late October/early November, but the email got my hopes up.  I wish Marketing would get their act together and send emails that are clearly written.  Or actually do what the emails say, which is to release the sailings for ALL of 2020 and 2021.  I'm not holding my breath.

23 minutes ago, travelgoddess1 said:

I got this email yesterday, as well.  IMO, it was terribly misleading.  I am aware that the second half of 2021 deployments usually open in late October/early November, but the email got my hopes up.  I wish Marketing would get their act together and send emails that are clearly written.  Or actually do what the emails say, which is to release the sailings for ALL of 2020 and 2021.  I'm not holding my breath.

I had the same thoughts on this email.  It clearly says through December of 2021 in the email.  yet, does not list Europe 2021.  I wasted time trying to look this up on several sites.  I should not have to "know" that they did not really mean the Europe sailings. . . . say that European sailings will be released later. 

• Like 1

If you book as soon as they release the itinerary it is a lot cheaper. The 9 night Greek Isles cruise is $600 pp more today then it was in December when the date was first released.  Air fare is the big expense. 

Edited by Jax129

On 9/21/2019 at 7:42 PM, jbethel11 said:

I was thinking. We already know Ovation will be in Alaska. In 2021, Harmony and Liberty are due for a dry dock, most likely taking place in Cadiz, Spain. This means that Galveston and Port Canaveral would be missing a ship. Adventure is supposed to go to Galveston in 2021, so that takes care of that. What about Port Canaveral? Would Oasis reposition to Port Canaveral, or would Symphony reposition to Port Canaveral once Melody arrives in Miami? Where would Anthem go? I would think Anthem would reposition to New York, replacing Adventure and running 5 and 9 night itineraries, alongside Oasis' 7 night itineraries.

I think Port Canaveral will get either Oasis or Symphony and that Harmony will be in Europe all summer.  We were booked for April 2021 and they cancelled the cruise so we switched to Oasis out of Ft. Lauderdale.  Actually saved a good amount of money and got OBC.  

On 9/21/2019 at 10:02 PM, jrmende63 said:

Not huge -- we're booked through April 2021.  Now if they send me an email about cruises from late April 2021 through April 2022, I'll be interested.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Is OA5 being built with the retractable stacks that OA and AL have? Did SY and HM get the retractable stacks as well?

Do Allures still work? 

I'm guessing that only Oasis will maintain that feature.  No real need to repeat it across the class. 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Do Allures still work? 

I'm guessing that only Oasis will maintain that feature.  No real need to repeat it across the class. 

Pretty sure was one time deal at the time. Ships sailed with stacks down to exit shipyard they were built. After passing under that Bridge on that river/Canal they were extended permanently. Think was article about making Oasis ship retractable up/down at next dry dock

Edited by ONECRUISER

It was done for passing under the Great Belt Bridge between mainland Denmark and Seeland so it applies to Oasis and Allure (built in Finland) because the others came from France. Thereafter they were indeed extended permanently. Like said before for Oasis to be able to pass under the Verrazano Bridge they have to make it retractable again. They also added scrubbers to Oasis and Allure which makes it more complicated. They will not change other ships but might built a new one with retrectable stacks again for this purpose.   

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Do Allures still work? 

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Pretty sure was one time deal at the time. Ships sailed with stacks down to exit shipyard they were built. After passing under that Bridge on that river/Canal they were extended permanently. Think was article about making Oasis ship retractable up/down at next dry dock

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

It was done for passing under the Great Belt Bridge between mainland Denmark and Seeland so it applies to Oasis and Allure (built in Finland) because the others came from France. Thereafter they were indeed extended permanently. Like said before for Oasis to be able to pass under the Verrazano Bridge they have to make it retractable again. They also added scrubbers to Oasis and Allure which makes it more complicated. They will not change other ships but might built a new one with retrectable stacks again for this purpose.   

Last year on Oasis Captain Per and the Chief Engineer both told me that the stacks are maintained just like any other piece of machinery onboard. OA and AL have the old design stack that goes up and down HR & SY have the new design that somehow tip,

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Thank you, thought thats what I'd heard

So if Odyssey is booking until April 9, 2021 and is going to be in Europe May 15th what will be between those dates?  I  am assuming a TA from beginning of May but what about the rest of April? Will it still be going out of Florida? 

37 minutes ago, lmwyatt said:

So if Odyssey is booking until April 9, 2021 and is going to be in Europe May 15th what will be between those dates?  I  am assuming a TA from beginning of May but what about the rest of April? Will it still be going out of Florida? 

Her last sailing is an 8 night departing on April 9th.  That means she ends her sailing and would theoretically depart on a TA on April 17th.  say a 12 night TA has her in Europe April 29.  The May 15 date is just one port date not necessarily her arrival date.

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2019 at 10:02 PM, jrmende63 said:

They are still missing multiple 9 day sailings on the Explorer as well for February and March 2021.  A couple have been there for 6 months now, but several are still mysteriously absent.  I am assuming a charter, but there are a fair number of the 9 day Explorer cruises missing, not just one or two.

Would anyone be willing to venture a guess on what ship will be doing the Baltic/ N. Europe, summer 2021.  We were hoping to go on the Jewel for the 10 night Scandinavia/Russia in 2020, but we couldn’t swing it.  We love the Jewel and have our hope that they may repeat the itinerary on her for 2021.

Edited by TinkBellaMom