Air2Sea

16 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

In my 25+ years of cruising, I've never used Air2Sea or whatever it used to be called.

But I'm wondering if they're worth checking out for my trip to Europe next year.    Right now my dates aren't open yet, but the ones just prior to my dates are insanely high, like 3 times what I would normally pay.    

I'm assuming Air2Sea won't be much different but maybe just maybe I can stumble upon something cheaper through them.

We also have never before used Air2Sea (and I am the skeptical type who almost always just books directly through airlines), but we were able to find (imho) nice business class fares on flights to Italy when we took a look a few weeks ago. Much better than going via airlines. Will keep watching, of course, but I guess there's something to this group booking thing....

24 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

In my 25+ years of cruising, I've never used Air2Sea or whatever it used to be called.

But I'm wondering if they're worth checking out for my trip to Europe next year.    Right now my dates aren't open yet, but the ones just prior to my dates are insanely high, like 3 times what I would normally pay.    

I'm assuming Air2Sea won't be much different but maybe just maybe I can stumble upon something cheaper through them.

Very easy to check the prices on Air2Sea and you might be surprised.  We have done one-way flights to Europe using Air2Sea (ChoiceAir) several times,  with prices from $300-$500 pp.  Airline website had those prices around $1500pp.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

In my 25+ years of cruising, I've never used Air2Sea. I'm wondering if they're worth checking out for my trip to Europe next year. Right now my dates aren't open yet, but the ones just prior to my dates are insanely high, like 3 times what I would normally pay. I'm assuming Air2Sea won't be much different but maybe just maybe I can stumble upon something cheaper through them.

4 hours ago, zooma said:

We also have never before used Air2Sea (and I am the skeptical type who almost always just books directly through airlines), but we were able to find (imho) nice business class fares on flights to Italy when we took a look a few weeks ago. Much better than going via airlines. Will keep watching, of course, but I guess there's something to this group booking thing....

Two years ago I booked flights through AIR2SEA for a B2B Med cruise/TA out of Rome with a few days in Zurich pre-cruise.  Tucson-LAX, LAX Amsterdam, and Amsterdam-Zurich was $287.  YES... there really IS something to this group booking

Princess Cruises also has their EZ AIR... In May,  I flew Barcelona to Madrid, Madrid LAX, and LAX -Tucson for $389 

On 7/30/2019 at 8:21 PM, packedandready said:

We've always flown SWA to port but that doesn't look like a possibility to EWR. Thought I'd check out air2sea. What do I need to know that I might not think to ask? Seems I've read that I can book early and not pay until final payment date??? That might be a good option just incase something happens. Can I fly in a few days early? Diamond..if that makes a difference. Will we have airline and flight time options or do they just book whatever they want?  Any guidance is appreciated. 

Just that the notion of guaranteed delivery to the home port is why we typically use Air2Sea and (so far) flights have been actually a bit cheaper than booking direct via the airline. With Air2Sea, you're protected and there's a little peace of mind. I'm sure someone might counter this though, we've just been very lucky.

Now, if you book for an overseas flight, make sure your connecting flights are at least three hours apart. The biggest lesson we faced a couple of weeks ago is NEVER BOOK a connecting flight where the next one is an hour and a half from landing. Case in point? We flew back BCN-CDG, had an hour to reach the flight to IAD, only to realize that, yes, we once again had to go through a security checkpoint (even AFTER BCN) and out of 16 check stations all of them were FERME except two - and I saw 600 in front of us, easily. If the cleaning crew on our boarding A380 did it on time we'd have easily missed our flight back home. Next time there's either going to be no connecting flights or at least a minimum of three hours in between flights.

9 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Very easy to check the prices on Air2Sea and you might be surprised.  We have done one-way flights to Europe using Air2Sea (ChoiceAir) several times,  with prices from $300-$500 pp.  Airline website had those prices around $1500pp.

Sounds good Bob...thanks!   I will definitely be looking into it for my Allure TA next year.  🙂 

1 hour ago, johnjen said:

Just that the notion of guaranteed delivery to the home port is why we typically use Air2Sea and (so far) flights have been actually a bit cheaper than booking direct via the airline. With Air2Sea, you're protected and there's a little peace of mind. I'm sure someone might counter this though, we've just been very lucky.

There is certainly some protection, just understand that certain things are out of Air2Sea's hands.  If there's a massive weather system for example that's causing huge delays and cancellations, Air2Sea cannot manufacture flights, open airports than have closed etc.  As such, they may not be able to deliver you to the home port on time.  They will try to rebook you to catch up to the ship as early as possible, but that could still result in some missed cruise days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A bit of a novice question here and slightly off topic, but can you book a regular non-cruise related flight on Air2Sea? Going to visit the UK in a couple of months and wondering if we might be lucky with fares again vs the regular airline booking schemes.

20 minutes ago, johnjen said:

A bit of a novice question here and slightly off topic, but can you book a regular non-cruise related flight on Air2Sea? Going to visit the UK in a couple of months and wondering if we might be lucky with fares again vs the regular airline booking schemes.

Your Air2Sea booking must be associated with a cruise booking.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, johnjen said:

I don’t believe you can. In order to book online, you need a reservation number. Maybe if you call?

5 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

I don’t believe you can. In order to book online, you need a reservation number. Maybe if you call?

Every time I book Air2Sea, the airfare is added as a line item on the cruise booking.  I just don't think it's possible to book it without a cruise.

11 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Definitely check them out.  For domestic flights we don't find the pricing to be much different, but having used Azamara's ChoiceAir option (same program), we've saved hundreds on economy flights, and thousands on business class, for flights to Europe.

11 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

We are using A2S for our return from BCN in March. Secured refundable Business Class seats on AA for $1,206

The cost on American website is over 6 grand.

Now, I do have to fly into Miami, but it's a direct flight, so that's nice.

The flights into Orlando were over 2 grand, but the price is the same from economy through Business Class.  

I actually called A2S, and they can't explain why.  That pricing has been that way for over 3 months

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 9:21 AM, Biker19 said:

Flights usually not available to book more than 330 days out.

I agree on the 330 day rule, but I've seen some Foreign flag airlines more than a year out. Pricing went down when the American Carriers showed up at the 330 day mark.

• Like 1