Treats @ the coffee shop - Free..?

lasekeye

8 hours ago, gold1953 said:

If you want your treat to go it is put in a small bag. They do not allow plates to leave the café.

When was this? In January 2019 on Equinox, we would always get any type of cake on a dessert plate (without being asked whether it was "eat-in" or not), and we never ate in the cafe, always outside on deck or in our stateroom.

19 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

When was this? In January 2019 on Equinox, we would always get any type of cake on a dessert plate (without being asked whether it was "eat-in" or not), and we never ate in the cafe, always outside on deck or in our stateroom.

Every time we have gone to the showcase for a treat on multiple cruises. They put it in the bag and we are denied a plate when we ask even when we promise to return the plate

26 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

Every time we have gone to the showcase for a treat on multiple cruises

What is "the showcase"? I am referring to Cafe El Bacio, where, as mentioned, cakes were served on plates without any questions in January 2019 on Equinox.

The showcase is the glass=front display area of Cafe al Bacio, where you can see the various pastries on offer.  I think that the experience of Equinox January 2019 might have been due to a shortage of the little bags -- there was a problem with the supplier and I think that has since been resolved.  I wouldn't expect that the takeaway cookies and pastries would be served on plates normally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

The showcase is the glass=front display area of Cafe al Bacio, where you can see the various pastries on offer.  I think that the experience of Equinox January 2019 might have been due to a shortage of the little bags -- there was a problem with the supplier and I think that has since been resolved.  I wouldn't expect that the takeaway cookies and pastries would be served on plates normally.

Oh, that makes sense then. We'll see on our Edge cruise this December, but it seems we should prepare to be handed"take-away" cakes in a bag by then.

19 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The GF macroons are excellent, but I haven't seen them a lot lately.  Actually, I originally discovered them in the buffet.

We found them in April on the Summit in the buffet and at Al Baccio. On the last day Al Baccio filled a quart sized bag full of them and gave us some gluten free muffins for us to take home to my niece who is gluten free but loved the macaroons.

13 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

Some of the cakes are too messy for the bags!  All the toppings and frostings stick to the bags. I should really take a plate with me from the OVC

Whenever we requested cake on Equinox in June, we were never asked if it was to go... it was always given to us on a plate.

23 hours ago, Lilikins said:

Thanks for the tip! I was thinking about smuggling a tray from the buffet but that sounds even better. There’s still the issue of putting on pants, but I think I can endure for the sake of all others 😆 

Good luck with that!  Trays in the buffet went away years ago.

On 8/4/2019 at 6:27 PM, vtcruising said:

It is funny, but I sneak down to Cafe al Bacio early some mornings and I have seen many singletons drag themselves down there before being totally put together in the morning (most are wearing pants 😉) and grab take out coffee and pastries for two to bring back to the cabin. I imagine they take turns, although a friend of our does it almost every day for his wife. He hangs out down there for a while and reads and then brings stuff up for her later, as she sleeps in until 9 or so.

Do they allow 1 person to pick up 2 drinks if you have a drinks package? or do 2 people need to be there?

3 minutes ago, mashisback said:

Do they allow 1 person to pick up 2 drinks if you have a drinks package? or do 2 people need to be there?

You can just bring both cards and let the other person relax.  🙂

Edited by vtcruising

Ok, this one will qualify for snoot factor five.

If one is lucky enough to be in a suite simply have your butler fetch the coffee and pastries of your choice, to be consumed on the balcony.

A friend told me.

18 hours ago, hiccups said:

Whenever we requested cake on Equinox in June, we were never asked if it was to go... it was always given to us on a plate.

It would appear that this might be just on Equinox then, since I had the same experience in January on Equinox, but most people in this thread mention that "take-away" is usually packaged in a bag.