Images from Ocean Cay

Beamafar

7 hours ago, Nashna said:

Where did you find those latest photos of OC?

All the bright complete pics are from computer renderings of the planned development

You have to go to MSC  and look there... or at the FB page where some recent pics have been posted of the EVP and some others visiting OC

19 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Great to see it coming along.

Have y'all seen the video on Fb that is the lighthouse light show running. Pretty cool!

Can you give us a little more info there, FF ... I can't find it.

I've been super hungry for any ocean cay images. There were some posted from last week, but MSC is being super tight with what is being leaked. There are a lot of pictures of the lighthouse available and often that is where you can see actual construction crews working (not to say they aren't working other places). 

31 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I've been super hungry for any ocean cay images. There were some posted from last week, but MSC is being super tight with what is being leaked. There are a lot of pictures of the lighthouse available and often that is where you can see actual construction crews working (not to say they aren't working other places). 

No noises being made, yet, of whether it'll be ready for our visit on Nov 9th (this day 5 weeks!!)  Will they even tell us when onboard, I wonder, and will it be at the last minute (if it's not ready, that is)?!  - We'll find out soon enough, won't we?!  😂

• Like 1

You will literally be the first to know :). How exciting!!

We are looking at Seaside for a girls trip spring break.  I don't expect YC on ocean cay will be finished by then (I'm a naysayer, I know... sorry in advance). MSC has Seaside still heading into Freeport this spring. I suspect that will change also.  An amazing itinerary change would be to head to Ocean cay instead of freeport and spend the night! If they made that change, I'd book our 6 cabins immediately.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

No noises being made, yet, of whether it'll be ready for our visit on Nov 9th (this day 5 weeks!!)  Will they even tell us when onboard, I wonder, and will it be at the last minute (if it's not ready, that is)?!  - We'll find out soon enough, won't we?!  😂

I suspect it will be lovely.

Am certain they are working hard to bring it together. 

Looking fwd to your pcis and so on. The first several sailings will be a BETA test of how things roll out, food, loungers, transport for YC guests etc

I like the fact that they took a man-made island--and have reclaimed it , cleaned it and are building coral reefs etc...AND that reef research and so on will be done there. A nod to the lovely Carib and no roller coasters in sight!

• Like 2

I imagine that there will be others who'll have some of the first pics up on the forum before me (if it's ready for our sailing, that is) as I'm already paying for an internet package (which doesn't cover you on the island) and I've no intentions of paying for it on the island.  But I'm sure others will and, hopefully, will share some great shots here 'Live'.

• Like 1

Those on the first few sailings calling at OC will either be super lucky by being the first ones to experience it or potentially disappointed if things aren’t 100% in place. My hunch is that it will be fine, but we all know that some people’s expectations are higher than others. I’ve even read of one person on CC who cancelled 2 upcoming MSC cruises because the Yacht Club portion won’t be 100% complete. To each his own, I guess. 

2 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

... I’ve even read of one person on CC who cancelled 2 upcoming MSC cruises because the Yacht Club portion won’t be 100% complete. To each his own, I guess. 

... Can't be expecting those of us who book YC to be corralled in with the great unwashed, now can you, DCG?!!!!   🙄 🙄 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lots of pictures of the lighthouse 😉

To be fair, the way I remember the person who cancelled his two MSC cruises did so because he lost faith in msc. I believe it was explained that he cancelled cruises out of principle for the way msc has operated.

There is a long history of delayed openings with MSC and the company has not been forthright with the delays. MSC stated the island would open back in March of 2016. I believe they sold ships stopping at Ocean Cay right up until darn near that sailing date. Then they officially postponed until October 2018 and that announcement was sketchy at best. But, at that time it was promised to some that the entire island would be ready by November 2019. Several CC members postponed trips fro 2018 to 2019 under these 'guarantees'.

I don't think he cancelled because he didn't want to mesh with the 'riff raff', as much as he canceled over the way that MSC has handled the process. Hopefully he will stop by this thread and clarify if I'm remembering the sequence incorrectly.

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I was poking fun ... hence the 3rd emoji!

I know you were :) :).

I was giving readers the complete picture behind why a member cancelled two upcoming cruises. I'm assuming even DCM64 didn't fully realize why the cruises were cancelled when he wrote "’I've even read of one person on CC who cancelled 2 upcoming MSC cruises because the Yacht Club portion won’t be 100% complete." 

18 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I know you were :) :).

I was giving readers the complete picture behind why a member cancelled two upcoming cruises. I'm assuming even DCM64 didn't fully realize why the cruises were cancelled when he wrote "’I've even read of one person on CC who cancelled 2 upcoming MSC cruises because the Yacht Club portion won’t be 100% complete." 

I just thought it was a silly reason to cancel not one, but two cruises. My understanding is that there WILL be a dedicated Yacht Club area on Ocean Cay from the beginning, but not the permanent one. That’s good enough for me! 
And @Beamafar, I’m happy to hobnob with the non-YC lot, if they’ll have me. LOL 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

... Can't be expecting those of us who book YC to be corralled in with the great unwashed, now can you, DCG?!!!!   🙄 🙄 😂

hahahah You crack me up

I DO hope though that they have plan (I believe I read there is one) for a temporary accommodation for YC folks. The YC buffet is planned to be different, the bar inclusive for YC is different and the service for YC cabanas (and YC transportation to/around the island) is all different.

We are paying  A LOT of $ for those upgrades as part of the YC fees.  

I do understand that the cabana reservations/rentals system has had starts and stops/changes because of wanting to be sure the YC cabanas were being rented/reserved by YC pax... and the earlier system didn't have that certain on the corp-reservations side of things

There was a fellow who was very in the know...and lately I haven't seen any posts. I wonder if he is now more silent so as to let MSC do the big splash. ? I appreciated his insight and his posts had a calming/reassuring effect imho.