Liquor In The Cabin

retdon

I have been looking at the web site and want to know can you purchase a bottle of liquor for consumption in the cabin. I do not want the "package" which includes sodas, etc. I only want a bottle. 

I called RCI and could not get any answer except for the "package" which I do not want.

Does anyone know if this can be done and how to do it. I plan on checking when we are on board. Thanks for you response. 

6 minutes ago, retdon said:

I have been looking at the web site and want to know can you purchase a bottle of liquor for consumption in the cabin. I do not want the "package" which includes sodas, etc. I only want a bottle. 

I called RCI and could not get any answer except for the "package" which I do not want.

Does anyone know if this can be done and how to do it. I plan on checking when we are on board. Thanks for you response. 

Unfortunately, the only way you can get liquor in your cabin on RCL is by purchasing one of their packages (small bottle plus appropriate set-ups). They won't deliver just a bottle of anything other than wine to your cabin.

12 minutes ago, retdon said:

This is the only way:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/packages/bacardi-gold-and-coca-cola-package/

EDIT: Sorry, it looks like that link has been changed. 

On Princess you can order beer and liquor packages to have in your room.  As stated on Royal its limited.  I like to have a few beers in the frig so when I board I go to one of the bars and order a bucket of my favorite brew (buy 5 get 1 free), tell them not to open any, take it to my room a place in frig.  Easy really.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2019 at 12:05 PM, DShock said:

On Princess you can order beer and liquor packages to have in your room.  As stated on Royal its limited.  I like to have a few beers in the frig so when I board I go to one of the bars and order a bucket of my favorite brew (buy 5 get 1 free), tell them not to open any, take it to my room a place in frig.  Easy really.

The official policy is they are supposed to open them.

And I have seen bartenders insist on doing so.

2 hours ago, SRF said:

The official policy is they are supposed to open them.

And I have seen bartenders insist on doing so.

Please, give me a break.  I've done this for years, 8 times a year and have never had a bartender turn my request down.  It's not a big deal and a nice tip for the bartender that does it for you is well appreciated.  Official policy is a joke, as in official policy for smoking, official policy for dress on formal night, official policy for kids in solarium, etc.  They want to keep passengers happy and rarely enforce anything....we all know that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Translation please? Or maybe I don’t want to know. 

Sure.  We are D+, always sail in full suites.  We get drinks in the Suite Lounge and have the 3 loaded daily, but I like to keep a few beers in the refrigerator in our stateroom so we have them when we leave ports, etc. It's a convenience thing, nothing more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DShock said:

Sure.  We are D+, always sail in full suites.  We get drinks in the Suite Lounge and have the 3 loaded daily, but I like to keep a few beers in the refrigerator in our stateroom so we have them when we leave ports, etc. It's a convenience thing, nothing more.

Makes sense. I thought ‘in the frig’ might have been another term for naked Tuesdays 🙈

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2019 at 11:24 AM, AMUSE71 said:

I ordered a bottle of gin plus 4 tonics from the Royal Gifts website to be delivered to our cabin.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/wine-liquor/alcohol-packages

I have never done this before, but a friend told me they were able to do it and got the bottle delivered the first night.  

Pretty new deal, cant remember 1yr maybe since started. 

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So they want to open all 6 at one time? 

I have ordered buckets of beers several times and have never had to have them opened.  If you ask for a single beer unopened to enjoy on your balcony I can see no reason they would not do that, and the bucket of beers is buy 5 get one free, so its not like it is some huge discount off the regular price.  Some of the buckets come with a bottle opener on the side.

18 hours ago, DShock said:

Please, give me a break.  I've done this for years, 8 times a year and have never had a bartender turn my request down.  It's not a big deal and a nice tip for the bartender that does it for you is well appreciated.  Official policy is a joke, as in official policy for smoking, official policy for dress on formal night, official policy for kids in solarium, etc.  They want to keep passengers happy and rarely enforce anything....we all know that.

Doesn't matter what has happened in the past, the rules can be enforced at any time.

On Grandeur in April, I watched someone try to do this, and was turned down.  He even offered a good sized tip.  And was turned down.  

So you cannot say it never happens.

12 minutes ago, SRF said:

Doesn't matter what has happened in the past, the rules can be enforced at any time.

On Grandeur in April, I watched someone try to do this, and was turned down.  He even offered a good sized tip.  And was turned down.  

So you cannot say it never happens.

Funny...and naive 

27 minutes ago, springfire said:

They have never even once done this to us!

We never had any difficulty getting a few beers "to go" from any of the bars (3, 4, 5 or 7 night) until we sailed on Mariner three weeks ago. The bars on the pool and top deck absolutely refused to do it, and we got an earful of objections from several of the interior bars as well, but they eventually relented with a "don't tell anyone I did this or I could get in big trouble".

They may very well be starting to crack down on their bar policies.

We're on Harmony in two weeks (never had any problems on that ship getting unopened beers to go in the past), so we'll see whether they have changed the way they do things.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1