Low Carb Beer ?

nimiq

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Lite beers aren't low carb, and O'Doul's isn't even beer. It's non alcoholic.

Don't know where you get your information. Most "regular" beers are 10 or more grams of carbs per 12 oz, while light beers are often under 5. 

Ultra has more flavor, and less carbs than almost all of them (2.6, I think). Fine for Type 2's! Coors Light (5 g per 12 oz) and Miller Lite (3.3 g) are the best on-board alternatives. Assuming Bud Select (1.8 g) isn't available.

I used to order Coor Light and a glass of water so that I could confirm that it was a beer, but that was in Kansas in the 3.2 days. When our infamous state Attorney General arrested airline stewardesses for serving hard liquor on planes flying over. Ah, if only we remembered all the bad things about the "good old days"!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Don't know where you get your information. Most "regular" beers are 10 or more grams of carbs per 12 oz, while light beers are often under 5. 

Ultra has more flavor, and less carbs than almost all of them (2.6, I think). Fine for Type 2's! Coors Light (5 g per 12 oz) and Miller Lite (3.3 g) are the best on-board alternatives. Assuming Bud Select (1.8 g) isn't available.

I used to order Coor Light and a glass of water so that I could confirm that it was a beer, but that was in Kansas in the 3.2 days. When our infamous state Attorney General arrested airline stewardesses for serving hard liquor on planes flying over. Ah, if only we remembered all the bad things about the "good old days"!

I see you also know about Low Carb beers 🍻....

I will probably go with Miller Lite as it has 4,2% alcohol compare to the Bud Select 2,4% alcohol. 

FYI in the low carb beers if ever they have Corona Premiere or Amstel light those are good runner up as well. 

Thanks

sea ya

• Like 1

People here are confusing light (low in calories) with low carb.  Mich Ultra and Corona Premier are low carb.  Those of us doing a Keto diet look out for these things.  I will be off Keto at the time of my cruise in mid-October, but it's always good to avoid carbs.  

Ultra (not available) has 2.6 carbs

Premier (not available) has 2.6 carbs

Coors Light (available) has 4.2 carbs

Heineken Light (available) has 5 carbs

Heineken Light is a good option.  

Edited by hubofhockey

4 hours ago, nimiq said:

I see you also know about Low Carb beers 🍻....

I will probably go with Miller Lite as it has 4,2% alcohol compare to the Bud Select 2,4% alcohol. 

FYI in the low carb beers if ever they have Corona Premiere or Amstel light those are good runner up as well. 

Thanks

sea ya

I've seen Amstel Light on board, sometimes on draught too 😎

image.thumb.png.9e5fbf4ab13a2321e58796748cc69eb0.png

Edited by Alan2504
info
  • Like 1

Agree, it's not the alcohol content.  It's the carbs and Amstel is another good choice.  I should have included it on my list.  I think Celebrity carries it.  It would be nice at some point if they switched from Corona Extra or Corona Light to Corona Premier as well.  I have a cruise coming up on Azamara.  While they have a complimentary drink package, it's not a good one and beer choices are limited unless you pay for a premium package.  When all is said and done, using a Celebrity perk for classic beverage package is a better deal than Azamara's complimentary package.  AZ also charges full price if you want the Coors Light or the Amstel Light.  I'm somewhat disappointed, but we'll be back on Celebrity next autumn.

• Like 1

I did a little research.....like many, I was confusing low alcohol with low carbs.  Turns out O'Doul's has 12 g of carbs which is like normal beer, it's just "no alcohol" which isn't actually no....it's .5%

For those on a low carb or keto diet, Pure alcohol products like rum, vodka, gin, tequila and whiskey all contain no carbs.

For those on a non alcoholic diet, there's o'doul's or alcohol free wines (yes, Celebrity does offer alcohol free wine on the classic package...not on the menu, but they have it on request (sometimes it takes a bit more than a friendly request....one wine steward insisted they don't have it....the F&B Manager found it quickly)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

People here are confusing light (low in calories) with low carb.  Mich Ultra and Corona Premier are low carb.  Those of us doing a Keto diet look out for these things.  I will be off Keto at the time of my cruise in mid-October, but it's always good to avoid carbs.  

Hello,

we we have been on Keto now for over 1 1/2 and have no problem doing it even on vacation. We are moderate Keto so this makes it probably easier and yes vacation is vacation so we do cheat on occasions on vacation 😉

sea ya

eric 

11 hours ago, ghstudio said:

I did a little research.....like many, I was confusing low alcohol with low carbs.  Turns out O'Doul's has 12 g of carbs which is like normal beer, it's just "no alcohol" which isn't actually no....it's .5%

For those on a low carb or keto diet, Pure alcohol products like rum, vodka, gin, tequila and whiskey all contain no carbs.

For those on a non alcoholic diet, there's o'doul's or alcohol free wines (yes, Celebrity does offer alcohol free wine on the classic package...not on the menu, but they have it on request (sometimes it takes a bit more than a friendly request....one wine steward insisted they don't have it....the F&B Manager found it quickly)

Oh Yes !! We Ketos love the pure alcohol but love a great beer during the day near the pool 🙂

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 3:57 AM, hubofhockey said:

Thank you for the information.  I usually drink a dry crisp white wine like a Sauvignon Blanc which has only 3 g of carbs per 5 oz serving.  I guess now I have choices.  Did some additional googling and Miller Lite has only 3.2 g but I don't know whether Celebrity carries it. Maybe someone knows......

On 8/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, TeeRick said:

Yes I routinely order Michelob Ultra on Celebrity.  Most ships seem to stock it.

Oh ! That be great if they do but can’t seem to find any menus with them on it.