Three Swimming Pool Questions

Thank you both for your prompt responses. My sister, new to Celebrity,  is joining us on an upcoming cruise. She is an avid swimmer, but I have never stepped toe in a cruise ship swimming pool, so I couldn't answer her questions.

Oh, she has one more question. Do you have to book time in the pool? That question surprised me, but she wanted to know.

3 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Thank you both for your prompt responses. My sister, new to Celebrity,  is joining us on an upcoming cruise. She is an avid swimmer, but I have never stepped toe in a cruise ship swimming pool, so I couldn't answer her questions.

Oh, she has one more question. Do you have to book time in the pool? That question surprised me, but she wanted to know.

I've never heard of anyone booking pool time on a X ship. However if she wants to do any serious swimming, I'd suggest getting to the pool early while the pool deck is only inhabited by invisible chair hogs.😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luvcrusn said:

I've never heard of anyone booking pool time on a X ship. However if she wants to do any serious swimming, I'd suggest getting to the pool early while the pool deck is only inhabited by invisible chair hogs.😉

Thank you for that hilarious answer. I will pass on your advice. In fact I had told her something of that nature myself, but not in   such a good-natured manner. I hope I can tell her just the way you did. We both enjoy a good laugh.😁Lucky Sis is an early riser. Gotta be early to be those infamous chair hogs.

• Like 1

The pool is not Olympic size or anywhere near!  Not a training pool by any stretch of the imagination.  She will get really dizzy doing her tumble turns for the amount of laps it would require to do any real distance.  Have a great time.

Edited by bonapart5
missed a word
  • Like 1

Only the indoor solarium pool is heated. on M class it is very warm but on S class it is not.  She could probably get 3 to 4 strokes and turn. There are no lanes as these are made for cooling off . She would definitely need to be an early riser

I've swum laps in the outdoor pool and the Solarium pool on S-class ships.  As others have said, you must get there quite early.  Yes, the pools are very short, but you can still get a workout in.  (At least I can, I'm just a casual swimmer using the pool as an alternate to other cardio workouts.  😄)

I am an ex competitive swimmer and yes the solarium pool isn't huge but.... it is a fair size and a good swimmer can easily adapt strokes so as to have a 'work out'. It is more difficult when people just park themselves rather inconsiderately in the middle of the pool to chat! I mean, people don't block the running track now do they? You do need to swim right in the middle though so you can swim to the wall. 

Sorry, but its not a lap pool but a  dip and chat  and float pool...

Have to go very early or late to swim  across and probably slow laps!

But it can be done, as well as some water aerobics exercises.

I saw an older woman doing laps mid day in the Solarium pool. Very disruptive and it ended with her getting hurt as a younger guy (probably late teens) got in and didn't see her doing laps and ran into her. She screamed bloody murder and wanted him thrown out. She was told to not do laps. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Thank you for that hilarious answer. I will pass on your advice. In fact I had told her something of that nature myself, but not in   such a good-natured manner. I hope I can tell her just the way you did. We both enjoy a good laugh.😁Lucky Sis is an early riser. Gotta be early to be those infamous chair hogs.

You're welcome! The last thing we pack in our suitcases and the first things we unpack are our sense of humor. Life's much more fun that way. Happy sailing.