What trivia themes are there?

alleghator

1 hour ago, alleghator said:

What are some recent trivia themes you have seen onboard?

Recent ones I haven't tried: Cartoon Themes, Comedy Movie Quotes, Binge-worthy TV, Sex and the City, Mean Girls, The Office, Lord of the Rings, Actor's Trash, Lyrical Challenge and Grade School

Ones that won me a Ship on a Stick: Carnival, Guess that song: Beatles, Dr. Seuss, Golden Girls, Friends, 1 hit Wonders, Broadway (Musicals) and Fairy Tales and the Genius Test.

General Knowledge, AM or PM trivia, Host's Choice and Trivial Pursuit, you'll find on almost every ship.

3 hours ago, alleghator said:

What are some recent trivia themes you have seen onboard?

"Things only other people around me know" when I was on the Vista

Seriously, something about Geek stuff (Star Trek, Star Wars, Comic Book Movies, etc.)

Edited by NightOne
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Usually entertainment of some sort.

I have never seen questions about quantum physics,  calculus, string theory, other languages or philosophy being asked.

Bummer!  I guess that's why I never win at trivia.  😉

28 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Depending on when you sail.  We are cruising over Halloween and we've received a program stating activities.  Among other things,  there will be Holloween themed trivia. 

Always do Carnival for Halloween. This year the Magic next year the Mardi Gras. Waiting to see what ship is doing it for 2021. Did Royal one year and they crammed everyone in the atrium. Terrible. As for the trivia. All types of subjects and many I have no idea what they are. The only one we had all correct. 40s & 50s music. Name the song and the artist. Took away a ship on a stick with that one😎

47 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Seinfeld? Really? Do you remember which ship? I'd clean up. I see friends all the time but never Seinfeld.

I have seen Seinfeld trivia a few times. I know they had it when I was on Horizon earlier this year. I am pretty sure they had it when I was on Breeze last month, but can’t say that for certain because I didn’t play it. 

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Seinfeld? Really? Do you remember which ship? I'd clean up. I see friends all the time but never Seinfeld.

Seinfeld and Simpsons trivia on Horizon 8 day, last May.

15 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I don't remember which ship...those were the ones I remember throughout all my cruises.

1 hour ago, ishap said:

I don't remember which ship...those were the ones I remember throughout all my cruises.

Well 10 cruises (Elation, Triumph, Freedom, Breeze, Dream, Vista) and Seinfeld hasn’t been on any of them. Friends I think has been on just about all of them. Never Seinfeld though.

There was Game of Thrones trivia on my cruise last year. Usually most people are lucky to get 70% of the trivia correct, but there were like 6 of us who got all the questions right, so they did a tiebreaker question of how tall is the Wall. I think I ended up 2nd.

I was also in a trivial pursuit game, we tied and the host asked a tie breaker question "What country is known for growing gooseberries?". No one knew so he started coming up with hints.

Carnival Host: The country is in Europe

*a few more guesses are wrong

Carnival Host: It's northern Europe

*we guess literally every country in northern Europe.

Carnival Host: The answer is New Zealand

Contestants: 😑

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Well 10 cruises (Elation, Triumph, Freedom, Breeze, Dream, Vista) and Seinfeld hasn’t been on any of them. Friends I think has been on just about all of them. Never Seinfeld though.

My last few cruises have been:  Conquest, Glory, Conquest, Fantasy, Glory.

25 minutes ago, ishap said:

My last few cruises have been:  Conquest, Glory, Conquest, Fantasy, Glory.

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I'm on Glory in a couple weeks. Hopefully they'll have it.

Actually I forgot. I just acquired the Fun Times from the 7/29 Glory sailing. These are the trivia topics: General knowledge, Super Heros, Harry Potter, Explain a movie badly, movie pairs, sports, general knowledge, genius test, sports, fact or fiction, outrageous laws, sports, game of thrones, friends (big surprise).

Looks like no luck again. Maybe they only do Seinfeld trivia sailing out of Florida.

1 hour ago, nydney1 said:

On the Fantasy now. Here is what we have had so far.

General Trivia

Motown 

Superhero

TV Theme Songs

One Hit Wonders

Golden Girls

Still trying to figure out how the last time I played One Hit Wonders they had a song by Rick Astley, who had several top ten songs and two songs that went to number one.