Value of concierge level verandah?

don731

39 minutes ago, clo said:

Thanks.  I find searching their site doesn't give a lot of details and couldn't find it online.  

Sorry clo, but I don't remember which ship you are booked on.  Is it an O class?

Edited by 1985rz1

2 hours ago, rrunner said:

Thank you.  Disappointed no concierge lounge .  That sounded like a nice perk for concierge passengers.     

I'm usually in the Executive Lounge but both lounges are pretty much the same.  HOWEVER ...

I don't think you should be disappointed that it doesn't exist on the "R" ships.  If you want to go in to read newspapers or go online, that's one thing.  (I believe people have said internet connections are better in the lounges.)  But the only times we ever used the lounge was if we missed lunch and wanted a snack before dinner.

That's us, of course!  But it's really not a big deal.  A concierge is on duty several hours a day (not all that many) but some are more helpful then others.

Unfortunately, the "R" ships being roughly half the size of the "O" ships just don't have the space for such niceties!

Mura

21 minutes ago, Mura said:

I'm usually in the Executive Lounge but both lounges are pretty much the same.  HOWEVER ...

I don't think you should be disappointed that it doesn't exist on the "R" ships.  If you want to go in to read newspapers or go online, that's one thing.  (I believe people have said internet connections are better in the lounges.)  But the only times we ever used the lounge was if we missed lunch and wanted a snack before dinner.

That's us, of course!  But it's really not a big deal.  A concierge is on duty several hours a day (not all that many) but some are more helpful then others.

Unfortunately, the "R" ships being roughly half the size of the "O" ships just don't have the space for such niceties!

Mura

I assume an executive lounge is for the suite guests only??  We would have enjoyed reading the papers actually.  I thought with the refurbishments that a concierge  lounge might have been added on Sirena.  

3 minutes ago, rrunner said:

I assume an executive lounge is for the suite guests only??  We would have enjoyed reading the papers actually.  I thought with the refurbishments that a concierge  lounge might have been added on Sirena.  

they would need to remove revenue producing cabins to do so

The O class ships were built & the lounges were part of the plan

As Lyn says, refurbishment cannot create extra space.  There is simply no place to put a lounge (whether Concierge OR Executive) on the "R" ships.  Just as there is no space for two more restaurants or a culinary space.

As to the first question, The Concierge Lounge and the Executive Lounge on the "O" ships are pretty much the same.  They were a nice addition with extra space, and many people like them.  We find them very occasionally convenient is all.  If we mainly use it to talk to the concierge to set up a Meet&Greet or just grab a snack in the late afternoon because we missed lunch ... well, in that case we can just order from room service.  And on the "R" ships we just go to the concierge in the reception area.  And these days you don't really have to meet with the concierge -- you can email him the information.

When we are in suites we have a choice of two newspapers (we take the NY Times and the Wall St. Journal) so we don't need to go to the lounge to read other papers.

So for us, it's nice ... but definitely not essential.

Mura

18 hours ago, LHT28 said:

YIKES

I did not realize it was snarky  😱

just that Med cruises are port intensive   so most are off the ship more than on during waking hours

Sorry  I offended you

I appreciate that you were not being snarky.  Unfortunately that's the way I felt it was given.  I'm glad I was wrong.

I was thanking you for something.  I realize that a med cruise is port intensive.  When I read questions here a lot of the answers aren't what the person asked.  I appreciate that people are trying to be helpful, but sometimes it feels like Marie Barone is answering.  LOL

1 hour ago, bbtondo said:

I appreciate that you were not being snarky.  Unfortunately that's the way I felt it was given.  I'm glad I was wrong.

I was thanking you for something.  I realize that a med cruise is port intensive.  When I read questions here a lot of the answers aren't what the person asked.  I appreciate that people are trying to be helpful, but sometimes it feels like Marie Barone is answering.  LOL

I am not being snarky or sarcastic   but just saying   it is hard to get the tone of a person's post on  a forum 

Yes people post  all sorts of  stuff unrelated to the questions asked   but  sometimes it will be helpful  sometimes  not

Then there is  the thread drift  😉

just like in real time conversations 😉

I do hope you have a great cruise  &  get some  time on the ship to enjoy some of the activities  etc..

Some cruises I need a vacation after I get home 😁

Lyn

11 hours ago, Mura said:

So for us, it's nice ... but definitely not essential.

I mainly anticipate grabbing a couple of cups of coffee first thing in the AM rather than room service.

On 8/15/2019 at 10:17 AM, ORV said:

Gosh, some people really need to lighten up. Jokes are fun, don't take life so serious.

The B3 rooms are at the front and back of deck 7 on the O ships. We had one on Marina recently and loved the extra space. 

I only take a Concierge room if I get moved to it, unless it's one of the ones at the rear on the R ships, then we'll pay a little extra for those. 

Curious which room number you had.... looking to book next Spring on Marina.  Thanks.

Nancy

4 minutes ago, Roo said:

Curious which room number you had.... looking to book next Spring on Marina.  Thanks.

Nancy

We were in 7116. In some people's opinion there are better ones(7108  & 7111) but I chose it due to it being away from the crew work areas, where the ones mentioned above on either side at the rear seems to be closer to crew areas. You can't see this on the deck plan, I actually walked around the area and chose the location when we were on a previous cruise. 

Some people really like 7008 & 7009 at the front of ship but you need to be a steady cruiser to be up at the front in case of rough weather. I'll be in 7003 in Nov, but I didn't pick it, I was assigned it. I think it might be ones of the rooms with a spotlight outside it, but I'm not out there at night anyway. 

No Concierge Lounge on R ships. We found ANYONE could use the spa deck area. They never checked. The best parts of the concierge service was two free bags of laundry, and you get two trips to each specialty restaurant as opposed to one, and earlier booking. Is that all worth the added cost? You have to decide. I'm not sure I would pay for it again.  

1 hour ago, ano said:

No Concierge Lounge on R ships. We found ANYONE could use the spa deck area. They never checked. The best parts of the concierge service was two free bags of laundry, and you get two trips to each specialty restaurant as opposed to one, and earlier booking. Is that all worth the added cost? You have to decide. I'm not sure I would pay for it again.  

At the moment we do not have a choice - there are only concierge cabins left.  We only like mid ship location.  .    Are you certain concierge gets 2 trips to each speciality restaurant.  That would be very nice.     We are on a 7 day cruise.   

No, from Oceania’s FAQ on a 7 day cruise you will only receive 1 reservation in advance.   If you check onboard, you May be able to get another one, but on a 7 day cruise, I wouldn’t bank on it:  

Insignia, Nautica, Regatta and Sirena 
Concierge Level Veranda and above 
Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant 
Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant 
Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant 

2 minutes ago, Cruseforme said:

No, from Oceania’s FAQ on a 7 day cruise you will only receive 1 reservation in advance.   If you check onboard, you May be able to get another one, but on a 7 day cruise, I wouldn’t bank on it:  

That was my understanding.  Thank you.  

4 hours ago, ano said:

2 hours ago, Cruseforme said:

And 3 free bags of laundry.

2 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

And 3 free bags of laundry.

Yes, things vary with length. Not a whole lot of 7 day cruises. I guess no benefit with concierge but maybe everyone else doesn't get any restaurant reservations.

47 minutes ago, ano said:

Yes, things vary with length. Not a whole lot of 7 day cruises. I guess no benefit with concierge but maybe everyone else doesn't get any restaurant reservations.

Advance reservations below Concierge is still 1 per restaurant, but a shorter time window to reserve. As with all levels, you can get additional reservations on aboard, based on availibilty,  time flexibility, and wilingness to share.

It is hard to figure out how 3 bags of laundry can be used on a 7 day cruise, since they say the last bag has to be sent a minimum of three days before disembarking.

Edited by 1985rz1

7 minutes ago, ano said:

Laundry too 3 days and you can't submit it in the last 3 days, so on a 7 day, yeah, good luck using it more than once.

I mispoke, and have corrected my post.  Below concierge, you still get 1 advance reservation per restaurant but with a smaller window to reserve.

24 minutes ago, carlsbadguy said:

For a 13 day cruise on Marina in a Concierge Cabin is it 1 or 2 specialty reservations per restaurant?

Per the Oceania FAQ:

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477653-How-many-dining-reservations-am-I-allowed-in-each-specialty-restaurant-

1 reservation  

1 hour ago, carlsbadguy said:

For a 13 day cruise on Marina in a Concierge Cabin is it 1 or 2 specialty reservations per restaurant?

42 minutes ago, Cruseforme said:

Guaranteed.  Reserved on line in advance.  You can always check in regularly on board to see if there are any openings during the cruise.