Oceania Club benefit timing

KirkNC

We are booked on the 2021 WC.  After that cruise we will be Gold level in Oceania Club.  My question relates to the timing of the benefits.  If I book another cruise today for Aug 2021will we receive Gold Club benefits (free gratuities, OBC.....)?  I guess to ask another way, are the benefits determined at the time of booking or the time of sailing?

Thanks

At the time of sailing. I assume the Aug cruise is after the world cruise. Actually you will get Gold benefits for the WC also. If I remember correctly you get 15 credits for the WC. 

I would think your TA would have explained all this to you. You did use a TA to book the WC with?

Edited by ORV
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

We are booked on the 2021 WC.  After that cruise we will be Gold level in Oceania Club.  My question relates to the timing of the benefits.  If I book another cruise today for Aug 2021will we receive Gold Club benefits (free gratuities, OBC.....)?  I guess to ask another way, are the benefits determined at the time of booking or the time of sailing?

Thanks

You will become gold on that world cruise. Oceania O Club levels change at the start of the cruise where you earn the qualifying credits. 

If you book a post-ATW cruise now, your invoice will list whatever O Club level you are on the day of booking. However, if you earn more credits between now and then (e.g., ATW) and reach a new O Club level, you will automatically receive the benefits associated with the new level when you start that post-ATW cruise.

That said, it never hurts to ask your TA to get updated invoices for future cruises whenever your current cruise moves you to a new level.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Thanks!

Thats pretty generous that they credit you before the cruise.

Just be aware that "benefit" levels are changing... like prepaid gratuities now can have  a cap and  OBC  etc are also being revised.   Still better than nothing  but changing from my experience

I was aware they were changing but did not know about a cap on PP gratuities.  I have seen they "new" perks but they are not very specific.  Is there someplace with the details like you mentioned?

7 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I was aware they were changing but did not know about a cap on PP gratuities.  I have seen they "new" perks but they are not very specific.  Is there someplace with the details like you mentioned?

If you received a SECOND PPG benefit (like from your TA in addition to your Silver+ benefit), that second PPG is capped at $250.

Those that have been grandfathered by 12/31/2013 received the full value of second PPG.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I believe for the RTW cruise you get PPG  included  no matter what Club level you start at

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Thanks!

Thats pretty generous that they credit you before the cruise.

They don't credit you before or after the cruise. They credit you on the cruise (i.e., once you've boarded, you'll receive the new credits along with and additional perks if you are now in a higher loyalty category.

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

They don't credit you before or after the cruise. They credit you on the cruise (i.e., once you've boarded, you'll receive the new credits along with and additional perks if you are now in a higher loyalty category.

Actually according to the guy I talked with @ Oceania, they credit you approximately two weeks before the cruise.   

Edited by KirkNC

26 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Actually according to the guy I talked with @ Oceania, they credit you approximately two weeks before the cruise.   

they put it on your file

but should you not board the ship  then you do not get any cruise credits 

been there  done that 😎

15 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

they put it on your file

but should you not board the ship  then you do not get any cruise credits 

been there  done that 😎

THIS.

There is a final adjustment to your record just prior to the cruise. And the notification of the change will be in your cabin when you board.

• 3 weeks later...

We just booked our 5th Oceania cruise so we'll be at Bronze level with this one. I was looking at the benefits and I see that there is a $100 shipboard credit and a complimentary bottle of wine.  It will be the 5th cruise for both DH and myself.  I'm wondering if this is per person,  meaning will we get $200 and 2 bottles of wine?  Thanks in advance.

16 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

We just booked our 5th Oceania cruise so we'll be at Bronze level with this one. I was looking at the benefits and I see that there is a $100 shipboard credit and a complimentary bottle of wine.  It will be the 5th cruise for both DH and myself.  I'm wondering if this is per person,  meaning will we get $200 and 2 bottles of wine?  Thanks in advance.

Usually they say  PER CABIN

You can check the fine print 

On 8/15/2019 at 9:54 AM, Flatbush Flyer said:

You will become gold on that world cruise. Oceania O Club levels change at the start of the cruise where you earn the qualifying credits. 

If you book a post-ATW cruise now, your invoice will list whatever O Club level you are on the day of booking. However, if you earn more credits between now and then (e.g., ATW) and reach a new O Club level, you will automatically receive the benefits associated with the new level when you start that post-ATW cruise.

That said, it never hurts to ask your TA to get updated invoices for future cruises whenever your current cruise moves you to a new level.

You are correct. That is also why your 20th cruise is the free cruise...not the 21st credit.

On 8/15/2019 at 3:30 PM, LHT28 said:

I believe for the RTW cruise you get PPG  included  no matter what Club level you start at

Plus, you will get additional OBC in place of your Gold level PPG ($250 unless you already have a higher loyalty level)...be sure your TA contacts O to be sure you get that. O didn't automatically give that to me...my TA had to call them.