Size of Sign & Sale cards

EL Pitman

Hi!  We are sailing on 9/28, and I'm driving everyone crazy.  I've even started packing!  I bought the special tag holders from Amazon, as well as the cutest regular luggage tags I've ever seen!  These will be going on our new luggage that we bought last month.  I have located some lanyards, but it hit me, we will need the clear plastic sleeves!  I was hoping someone could tell me if the Sign and Sail cards are the size of a credit card or if they are larger, so I can get the right ones.  

Thank you!!!

3 minutes ago, EL Pitman said:

I have located some lanyards, but it hit me, we will need the clear plastic sleeves!  I was hoping someone could tell me if the Sign and Sail cards are the size of a credit card or if they are larger, so I can get the right ones.  

Thank you!!!

You can get your card punched at Guest Services so the lanyard clip can go into the hole. Result; no plastic sleeve required and you don't have to take it out/put it back in every time you want to use the card. Very simple.

7 minutes ago, EL Pitman said:

Hi!  We are sailing on 9/28, and I'm driving everyone crazy.  I've even started packing!  I bought the special tag holders from Amazon, as well as the cutest regular luggage tags I've ever seen!  These will be going on our new luggage that we bought last month.  I have located some lanyards, but it hit me, we will need the clear plastic sleeves!  I was hoping someone could tell me if the Sign and Sail cards are the size of a credit card or if they are larger, so I can get the right ones.  

Thank you!!!

Credit card size

1 minute ago, Sean_B said:

You can get your card punched at Guest Services so the lanyard clip can go into the hole. Result; no plastic sleeve required and you don't have to take it out/put it back in every time you want to use the card. Very simple.

What Sean_B said!

I had a lanyard with a plastic sleeve which was convenient when I needed to give someone my S&S card at a bar or shop, but it was a pain when getting into my room, since you need to insert the card in the slot of the door... I ended up doing what Sean suggested and took it out of the plastic sleeve and just went with it directly attached to the lanyard.

We got these from Amazon. Worked really good:

https://www.amazon.com/2-Pack-Cruise-Lanyard-Retractable-Resistant/dp/B07B66S918/ref=sr_1_102?crid=3R0UA2XV7RDB&keywords=cruise+accessories&linkCode=ll2&linkId=82a3626649a0d741a5ddb9e22f4e8c19&qid=1566146277&s=gateway&sprefix=cruise+access%2Caps%2C434&sr=8-102

I wound up taking off the retractable badge reel as I quickly figured out it was going to be a pain to take the S&S card out of the heavy duty plastic pouch and put it back a dozen or more times a day. Our cards were already punched so I just removed the badge reel and hooked it on the metal ring. 

6 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Our cards were already punched so I just removed the badge reel and hooked it on the metal ring. 

I've heard that they come pre-punched now? I'm not sure how true that is, or if it's specific to any one port of embarkation.

Sean_B that is true- they have a small round hole in the corner of your card. If you have a ring on your lanyard it works fine. But I have the retractable clip with a half inch wide plastic piece that snaps, so I just went to Guest Services and asked them to put a couple more holes in the card- voila! Worked like a charm...

4 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Sean_B that is true- they have a small round hole in the corner of your card. If you have a ring on your lanyard it works fine. But I have the retractable clip with a half inch wide plastic piece that snaps, so I just went to Guest Services and asked them to put a couple more holes in the card- voila! Worked like a charm...

So you have this? I'm going to have to do the same thing you did, because I plan on using my lanyard from work, which has the wide plastic snap, not the hook.

1 minute ago, Sean_B said:

So you have this? I'm going to have to do the same thing you did, because I plan on using my lanyard from work, which has the wide plastic snap, not the hook.

Yes that's exactly what I use. Like I said, Guest Services was able to easily add 3-4 more holes in a row to the existing one, and it made the hole wide enough to fit the plastic snap through. The retractable clip makes opening the door  a LOT easier for my 6'4" hubby- he doesn't have to crouch down to open the door!

We lanyards that are like this:  https://www.amazon.com/Lanyard-Lanyards-Lanyard-Key-Lanyard-University-Beautifully-Removable/dp/B07DDKF941/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=lanyard&qid=1566221718&s=gateway&sr=8-6

Great thing about them is that I can just unclip the hole bottom part and hand that to the bartender and no need to clip an unclip the card itself.  

22 hours ago, Sean_B said:

I've heard that they come pre-punched now? I'm not sure how true that is, or if it's specific to any one port of embarkation.

Last 4 years all Carnival and RCI cruises I have been on have had the cards already pre punched in the corner for a lanyard.

2 hours ago, ishap said:

We lanyards that are like this:  https://www.amazon.com/Lanyard-Lanyards-Lanyard-Key-Lanyard-University-Beautifully-Removable/dp/B07DDKF941/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=lanyard&qid=1566221718&s=gateway&sr=8-6

Great thing about them is that I can just unclip the hole bottom part and hand that to the bartender and no need to clip an unclip the card itself.  

I agree about wearing a lanyard with a clip. I won’t wear one without a clip, which is why I will never wear the current D&P lanyard gift because it doesn’t have a clip. 

I definitely recommend a type of lanyard with something like a retractable reel or a quick-release clip at the end. We bought a few waterproof smartphone pouches a few years ago that came with lanyards. The lanyards have a quick-release clip at the end and I realized it made a great lanyard for my S&S card. I got so used to it that I can pop it off, swipe it or hand it to the crew, and snap it back on without even having to look down at it. It's much more convenient than having to take the whole lanyard off from around your neck every time.

On 8/18/2019 at 11:28 AM, EL Pitman said:

Thank you!!!

As noted above they are pre-punched.  Currently Carnival does not charge for this.  The cards also fit conveniently in a pocket purse or fanny pack - no lanyard required.

42 minutes ago, Garth2 said:

As noted above they are pre-punched.  Currently Carnival does not charge for this.  The cards also fit conveniently in a pocket purse or fanny pack - no lanyard required.

Correct but—women’s swim suits do not have pockets and about 1% of cruisers carry a purse or fanny pack. I hate lanyards so carry my card on a wristlet coil. Very easy to use for the door or remove for purchases.