Yacht Club - Final Payment

MAGSMFC

We once booked with a TA who's final payment date for our cruise was almost 18 weeks out (never booked with them again!!) - so it's not outside the bounds of possibility that your TA's final payment date is 23 weeks.  We paid the balance of next week's cruise on Seaview, booked through a German online TA, 4 weeks prior to the sail date - the latest we've ever experienced.  The usual final payment date is around 10 weeks prior to sailing.

This information quoted directly from the MSC Cruises web page:

"Reservations can be made and accepted through any travel agency. In order to secure a confirmed reservation, a deposit is required. Final payment is due no later than 90 days prior to sailing or by option date if booking within 90 days of sailing. To avoid cancellation, the deposit or final payment must be received in MSC's office by the option date given at time of booking. Option dates can vary from one to seven days from booking date depending on sailing demand. In a few rare instances immediate payment by credit card may be required to confirm your reservation. 

World Cruise 2019: Final payment is due no later than 90 days prior to sailing. A 15% non-refundable deposit is due within 7 days of making a booking. 

World Cruise 2020 and forward: Final payment is due no later than 120 days prior to sailing. A 15% non-refundable deposit is due within 7 days of making a booking. 

If the Ticket has been purchased through any travel agent, tour company, group, organizer traveling companion, or booking representative ("the Agent"), the Passenger authorizes the Company to give any notices and to pay any refund owed to the Passenger to the Agent on his behalf. The failure of the Agent to pay the full Fare to the Company is considered a breach of Contract by the Passenger when the Ticket has been purchased through an Agent. Such Agent shall be deemed in all respects to be the Agent of the Passenger and not of the Company."

Link to web page: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Terms-Conditions.aspx

34 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Our final payment for our Meraviglia cruise in October, booked directly with MSC, was due 63 days from the embarkation date.  But then we don't live in the US so those T&Cs don't apply to us.

It is 63 days in the UK I'm sure

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Our sail date is next September, and my TA is saying final payment is in June, so 90 days prior for us.

Just a reminder that for US bookings final payment and loss of deposit dates are not the same for YC now.  Loss of deposit is at 120 days for bookings made after December 16, 2018.

20 hours ago, MAGSMFC said:

Can anyone please tell me when final payment is due for a week cruise in MSC Yacht Club.  

Our travel agent is asking for it 23 weeks in advance.

Many thanks for any info.

Are you Halifax UK? We paid our deposit to agent 15th July for cruise departing 28th October!! I book direct with Celebrity and its 6 weeks before.

15 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I always believed final payment was due 60 days out, I've just paid for our October sailing, which is 60 days but haven't received a reminder email regarding payment.

Yup, we originally had reservations in Aurea on one ship and switched to a YC cabin on a different ship, the final payment date increased from 90 to 120 days. 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

My direct MSC UK booking says 60 days before.

Even for YC bookings, L!  Maybe because we in Ireland and the UK are less likely to "drop" holds on cabins near final payment days so MSC isn't stuck with cabins that are difficult to sell so close to sailing.

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yup, we originally had reservations in Aurea on one ship and switched to a YC cabin on a different ship, the final payment date increased from 90 to 120 days. 

We booked our January 5, 2020 YC cabin on April 11, 2019.  Final payment is due to my TA (who always requests it about a week before the actual final payment date to ensure there is time to handle any potential glitches) on September 27.