Sunday wine sales near Port Everglades (FLL)

PaperSniper4

We are departing on a Sunday cruise from Port Everglades after flying in the night before. For our previous cruises, we grabbed a few bottles of wine at the local grocery store before boarding. However, this time our ship departs on a Sunday. Can anyone confirm wine sales are available in the Hollywood/FLL area on Sunday morning? I know they are at noon, but I think that's when the liquor stores open. I just need wine which I know can be purchased at a grocery, along with a 6-pack or two of soft drinks. Due to logistics, we cannot wait until noon to get our wine; it's gotta be earlier. 😎

I already called the grocery we use down there, but I don't know if the person to whom I spoke really understood the question. I did find a link that indicates wine is sold in groceries starting at 0900 even on Sunday, but I'd sure like confirmation from someone who has actually done that! That link it not an official Florida link, so it's authenticity is somewhat in question.

Doug

59 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We are departing on a Sunday cruise from Port Everglades after flying in the night before. For our previous cruises, we grabbed a few bottles of wine at the local grocery store before boarding. However, this time our ship departs on a Sunday. Can anyone confirm wine sales are available in the Hollywood/FLL area on Sunday morning? I know they are at noon, but I think that's when the liquor stores open. I just need wine which I know can be purchased at a grocery, along with a 6-pack or two of soft drinks. Due to logistics, we cannot wait until noon to get our wine; it's gotta be earlier. 😎

I already called the grocery we use down there, but I don't know if the person to whom I spoke really understood the question. I did find a link that indicates wine is sold in groceries starting at 0900 even on Sunday, but I'd sure like confirmation from someone who has actually done that! That link it not an official Florida link, so it's authenticity is somewhat in question.

Doug

check it out ... blocks from the cruise port ...

https://www.publix.com/locations/1097-the-harbor-shops

Total Wine is in the same shopping center as the Publix, and they have a great selection.

You can pre-order/pre-pay on their website or on their app (account required), and it will be ready to pick up.

They hold pre-orders for a few weeks. It only took 2 minutes for them to find my order, and I was back in my Uber, on the way to the port. https://www.totalwine.com/store-info/florida-fort-lauderdale/904

They open at 9am on Sunday....don't think they'd open that early if they couldn't sell anything.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

This is a county by county thing, but I believe the county there has taken off this restriction.

Are you flying in too late the night before to get your supplies?

Google is your friend...several websites say the same as this:

http://beerinflorida.com/fort-lauderdale-looses-sunday-alcohol-sales/

We're not arriving FLL until late that night. Thanks for the link....I went to a few places to find the answer, one of which was in my original post, but the one you  kindly supplied wasn't in my search results.

Doug

Thanks to everyone who replied. That's a relief. We plan on using the hotel's van so it's inconvenient to ask him to drop by any stores on the way. However, there is a BJ's within walking distance, so we'll just walk there and get our wine and soft drinks.

Doug

5 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

Yes, you can buy wine early Sunday morning.

I hit up Total Wine on 17th Street early Sunday mornings after Orange Theory.

Wine after therapy - sounds like my kind of prescription! 😀