“LIVE” From Allure of the Seas 8/25-9/1....Third time’s a charm?

7 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

That’s what it looks like. emoji853.png Generally don’t visit the D/D+ lounges on oasis class ships because if the interior locations, Allure bring the exception. I’ll try and stop by and inquire this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, that would be so awesome, if you have the time... but, please don't go to any trouble.  Enjoy your cruise- your pics are amazing!!!  Hoping for smooth sailing and calm seas for you!

16 hours ago, Waterluv said:

Hi Niksmom 😊 we are neighbors, I’m the decorated door. We are a little bummed out with the itinerary change but beats sailing into a storm. I just finished loosing at the roulette table so it’s back in the CLS for me. See you around the ship and great review so far. Happy safe sailing 🤗

Nicks mom, another neighbor here!! Following along to see if I find myself in your photos, 😀

Nicks mom, another neighbor here!! Following along to see if I find myself in your photos, [emoji3]

I won’t be taking any over the balcony photos [emoji12][emoji24] so you are both safe. We are in 1714

On 8/24/2019 at 8:06 PM, niksmom630 said:

Is there no judgement of my snacks then? emoji847.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely no judgement.  TSA Pre-Check is amazing and IMHO worth the investment if you use air travel even more than a few times each year...assuming your home or destination airports support TSA Pre-Check.  Not having to take off my sweater/jacket, shoes, or empty my bag (don't even have to remove my "ziplock" bag) has spoiled me.  😛

On 8/25/2019 at 4:25 PM, niksmom630 said:

Tapatalk is a pain in the arse. 😡 logs me out, won’t let me post, probably human error, but frustrating. So the web it’s will be! 

When I said I didn’t much mind the itinerary change it’s because I may not leave this cabin 😍 

589C29D1-E0F5-4E8B-891B-BAB366707F8D.jpeg

88F287EC-E796-4937-9F22-37979B137E1E.jpeg

8032B231-297C-44CF-808A-26FED9B4C43C.jpeg

Love, love, LOVE your cabin.  We are sailing on Allure in a CLS in Feb 2020.  The configuration of your cabin/suite appears to be the same as ours and we're Diamond too (thank you for sharing both letters).  Any details or info you can share about your experience with your cabin, the Suite lounge, and/or the Diamond lounge would be great!  When we finally sail, it will be about 2 years since my last cruise and about 3 since my DH's last one.  So looking forward to Allure and our first CLS.

11 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Interesting observation at the G muster stations. Both Deck 7 aquatheatre cabins had people sitting on the balcony’s during muster. But none of the other AQ’s were occupied?

891e114c070db66a9e0452d69885d4ca.jpg

b208640a2c166add4a08420f7d39b6d2.jpg

Muster was ridiculously painful yesterday. In addition to it being hotter than Hades, the big screens on either side of the aqua theatre are being replaced, so no video-they instructed guests to watch the video in their stateroom and played the audio only on the silly “spy” video. Of course no one was listening, and pretty confident no one will watch in their cabins, so I can only hope there are a bunch of repeat cruisers on this sailing, or in the event of an actual emergency it would likely be chaos in the G’s

Thinking I will actually note this in my guest survey. They should have just verbally spoken to the correct procedures, like back in the good old days when we lined up outside with our life jackets on emoji24.png

a4f9b81440ec33c59bb9ebbf193c32fb.jpg

There are no Aqua Theater Cabins on Deck #7.

9 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Dinner last night at Sabor.... kind of sad these are being phased out. The bacon wrapped jalapeño chicken bites are outstanding. Frankly, wasn’t particularly impressed with Playmakers on symphony. Pretty standard bar food

db442be2974f1c5a8fad5dab06a38058.jpg

5f231ba4092dec3003e18716b16826f6.jpg

ed5c5c47532ddc174181699b4381a35f.jpg

Not pictured is the Cafe Con Leshe dessert, which was also outstanding.

Sadly I’m not booked on any ship that will still have a Sabor by the time we sail.  Love those chicken, bacon jalepino poppers.  

Hi! We hope to sail on Harmony Sunday. They are saying an update is being played onboard Harmony and all Caribbean ships  in the cabins on the TV with updates on Dorian. Would you mind please sharing what it is and any updates they give you. Safe travels! Thanks! 

• Like 1

I would love to see the western cruise compass..if its easier just do it after you get home....Also if you get a chance can you take a picture of the cold specialty coffee offerings at Cafe Promenade? My sister purchased the coffee card for herself for our upcoming Allure trip October 27th and she is fixated on frapuchino....

Thank you soooo much living through you until its our turn.

Absolutely no judgement.  TSA Pre-Check is amazing and IMHO worth the investment if you use air travel even more than a few times each year...assuming your home or destination airports support TSA Pre-Check.  Not having to take off my sweater/jacket, shoes, or empty my bag (don't even have to remove my "ziplock" bag) has spoiled me.  [emoji14]

So, we have randomly got TSA precheck in the past. In fact, more often than not. We are in Chicago, so I’m familiar with the perks of having it (no shoes off, etc) but never once have I been asked to take snacks out. I seriously never travel without. Like even my car has snacks in the event I get trapped in a blizzard for days. Granted they are probably stale but I won’t starve [emoji23]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

How many people in your cabin, do you have enough room? trying to figure out how many it can hold and if its worth the $$$ for one of those cabins?

We have two. It would comfortably fit 4. I would say that these loft suites are pretty much 3x what we would pay for an ocean view balcony on a 7 day sailing. The price we paid was ridiculously low. The perks of being willing to roll the dice during hurricane season, maybe as well as most kids back to school? Or maybe it’s just my talented travel agent [emoji2372]

We always put the coffee maker (tray) in the bottom of the closet.

Never used it in our 6 crown loft suite stays, and gives much more counter room.

We tell the cabin attendant, and they don't care.

Safe travels.

• Like 1

Ok, multiquote isn’t working, so I’ll try and knock these all out [emoji23]

-Yes, will post compasses starting tomorrow.

- will check coffee offerings at cafe promenade

-will check tv for Storm updates updates

Sadly I’m not booked on any ship that will still have a Sabor by the time we sail.  Love those chicken, bacon jalepino poppers.  

I am equally sad for you , Ken [emoji20] they are really good!

Ok, back to reporting business! Today was a well deserved “me” day ! It’s been a hectic few months for me, oldest daughter is getting married over seas , moved youngest into apartment at college. Rescued a 10 month old Golden retriever, this impromptu trip could not have come at a better time!

Dinner in Coastal Kitchen

3f542daa008aa861881262689d088a15.jpg

b3b7874fcbe38a2645fe6ed43a30d3b4.jpg

dfff59d8416a02cffc01acff2863b5e9.jpg

13 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

Ok, multiquote isn’t working, so I’ll try and knock these all out emoji23.png

-Yes, will post compasses starting tomorrow.

- will check coffee offerings at cafe promenade

-will check tv for Storm updates updates

Thank you so very much!

29 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

So, we have randomly got TSA precheck in the past. In fact, more often than not. We are in Chicago, so I’m familiar with the perks of having it (no shoes off, etc) but never once have I been asked to take snacks out. I seriously never travel without. Like even my car has snacks in the event I get trapped in a blizzard for days. Granted they are probably stale but I won’t starve emoji23.png

You and Vikki could be sisters.  I swear she could live for a week with the snacks she has stashed in her car.  On our drives to zFlorida I swear there’s more food than luggage in the car.

• Like 1

Rib eye was “ok”, not amazing

d50fda2284cbc59e6f3359abf1c698c7.jpg

Creme Brûlée was perfect

1ae733dcdd7e210960df4be103b48692.jpg

The suite lounge is pretty crowded early evenings, at least on this sailing.

Arrived around 5:30 pm. No seating, so went back to the cabin. With my beverage. [emoji6]

Nothing in particular planned tonight, so I caught a bit of the Aqua Theatre show, strolled the Boardwalk and Promenade.

• Like 1

Seriously my worst nightmare [emoji31]

a96a31794d3a8fdb4860cb60af1cdf42.jpg

But, do they honestly think someone has the bag, and hasn’t noticed it’s not theirs? Are there people out there who do not unpack on day one? Chime in please [emoji23]

Not looking promising for tomorrow. Will be up early trying to catch a glimpse of sunrise

997f2a8599dfe4e00a734f56b024e2e5.jpg

• Like 1