Msc orchestra dress code main dining

Mum2max

2 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Even I would draw the line at shorts. I am a fella but i really dislike dress shorts especially on us of a certain age. 

Tell him to wear long trousers and shoes 

Exactly......And with "smart" trainers?  I don't think so.

Ouch some sharp responses. You might get away with 'smart' trainers if they are dark in colour and dont have lotsof bling, flashes etc ie they are plain under long trousers. 

Here is the code for you hth and enjoy your cruise.

MSC Cruises

The Code: "Casual resort wear" is appropriate, except for formal evenings when men are required to put on suits or jackets and ties, and women cocktail dresses. In addition, passengers who would like to participate in theme nights are encouraged to dress according to a specific theme. Examples include White Night, Tropical Night or 60s/70s/80s Night.

Number of Formal Nights: There's one formal night on four- to six-night cruises, two on seven- to nine-night cruises, three on 10- to 14-night cruises and four on cruises of 15 nights or longer.

Nightly Casual Option: The standard Lido buffet (and room service) will serve passengers seeking a more low-key dining experience.

Written Restrictions and Jeans: After 6 p.m., jeans, T-shirts and shorts are not permitted in the ships' public areas. No swimwear is allowed in main dining rooms. Jeans are allowed on casual resort wear nights, as long as they aren't torn or ripped.

generally speaking( keeping in mind I have not sailed MSC)  the formal nights are the first full  day on board and the second to last  night.  

they won't ever be on the first or last night.  there may or may not be adjustments based on any world wide holiday( for instance  they won't adjust it to coincide with American or Canadian Thanksgiving but might for Christmas Day)