Oceania - if you are reading this... (website related)

Kate-AHF

I'm not fond of your website, but changing one thing would make me like it a lot more (SO much more!):  Fix it so that when I'm searching for a cruise, I can right-click and open that itinerary in another tab in my browser.  I can't even dupe a filtered cruise search - if I do, I get a tab with all cruises, not just the ones I'm interested in and have to filter again.

• Like 3

not sure anyone is reading here from O

You could always email Mike Moore he is pretty responsive to problems

I am not sure what you are asking either

I use Firefox on a computer

search the cruises ..click on one to look at it   then use back button the other cruises are still there from my search

you can set your browser to open a new window when you click on the cruise link

But Lyn, I don't want to use the "back" button.  If I'm planning a cruise, and have several within a filtered search that I'm interested in, I want each cruise open in tabs so I can switch back and forth. (And in Chrome, the "back" button doesn't always bring you back to the filtered search. Sometimes yes, sometimes no)

I think Mike Moore was mentioned recently here.  I'll search to see if i can find his contact info.

(I'm not convinced that someone at Oceania isn't reading the board.  Not acting on anything, but I think they do read it.)

9 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

But Lyn, I don't want to use the "back" button.  If I'm planning a cruise, and have several within a filtered search that I'm interested in, I want each cruise open in tabs so I can switch back and forth. (And in Chrome, the "back" button doesn't always bring you back to the filtered search. Sometimes yes, sometimes no)

I think Mike Moore was mentioned recently here.  I'll search to see if i can find his contact info.

(I'm not convinced that someone at Oceania isn't reading the board.  Not acting on anything, but I think they do read it.)

I hope someone is reading  CC  from IT  then

As to Personnel reading CC comments, I know that when I was on Marina in November 2017 they definitely did.  I had posted a question about the GDR being closed on port days -- not a complaint, just a question.  We'd never encountered that before and I was asking if others had.  (It's clear that these days this is very common.)  It's possible that this has happened for a very long time and we never noticed because on port days we were usually off the ship, and if we came back in time for lunch it would most likely be in Waves.  At any rate, the concierge in the Executive Lounge called and asked me to come in "for a talk".  I wasn't grilled, nothing like that!  But they were informing me WHY this was happening.

We weren't surprised on that cruise when we were in Haifa and the GDR was closed because virtually everyone was off the ship.  But there were other ports on that cruise where this wasn't the case, and Terrace was impossibly crowded as a result.

So, it's not just headquarters that may read our posts, but personnel on the ships as well.

Mura

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

Yes, I agree with the original post.  If you are interested in several cruises it is challenging to compare. I hate having to basically start from scratch each time.  

Same here.

Just last night, I was grinding my teeth (gently, to be sure) about this.  It's become more and more annoying, as moat other websites (not just cruising-related) have had this has a feature for ages.

It would help with comparisons SO much, and probably make it more likely (truly) that we'd actually book something, rather than getting tired of trying to compare and deciding to "do it again later", etc.

GC

• Like 3

This thread has been mentally haunting me all morning.  So... I delved a little deeper.

Cruise lines that permit opening a certain voyage in another tab without losing your filter:

Windstar

Regent

Silversea

Cruise lines that don't have this capability:

Oceania

Virgin Voyages

Seabourn

Azamara (but does have a "quick print" function for a voyage itinerary)

Interestingly, the two websites that were CLEARLY designed with the mobile phone in mind and not a PC (and therefore I hypothesize are trying to gear for younger pax) are Seabourn and Virgin.

Which begs the question (for me at least, as a 60yo) do younger people just not require as much information as I do?  Are they accustomed to making decisions with less info (or what can fit on an Iphone screen)? 

I would really like to know more. Because my initial position was based (in my head, not evidenced in my post) on how are Lux or Prem. lines going to attract younger clientele if the website isn't more dynamic.

37 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Azamara (but does have a "quick print" function for a voyage itinerary)

can you explain "quick Print" ?

I think maybe younger cruisers  just can make decisions fast than me

I am always thinking maybe there is something better  if I keep looking

I am the same shopping  for clothes ..drives DH crazy 😉

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

not sure anyone is reading here from O

Can't speak for O, but Viking definitely monitors the Viking forum and when warranted, they actually post to clear up misconceptions, provide further info or answer questions.

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

can you explain "quick Print" ?

I am the same shopping  for clothes ..drives DH crazy 😉

Lyn. there is a link you can press when viewing an Azamara itinerary that will bring up a box with the outline of the cruise itienerary.  You can then click on the "print itin" button.  Quite easy, and gives just what I'm looking for.

I'm very, very much like you.  I want to know what ALL my options are before pulling the trigger.  What I'm not sure about is whether that's just me, or that's my cohort (i.e. baby boomer).

1 minute ago, Kate-AHF said:

Lyn. there is a link you can press when viewing an Azamara itinerary that will bring up a box with the outline of the cruise itienerary.  You can then click on the "print itin" button.  Quite easy, and gives just what I'm looking for.

OK  thanks

I guess the one on Oceania  does not bring up the box & will print the whole itin & prices  ..I have not tried printing it from their link so not sure

I would like a brochure sometimes but I am not about to sign up again LOL

took me several years to get off that train

I usually will go to the local TA & get one  if I need to compare  different cruises  😉

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Nah!  Younger cruisers have short attention spans from too much social media use.

• Haha 1

I'm glad someone brought this up.

I just booked our first O cruise and it was like pulling teeth.  If there is a way to get back to search results after zeroing in on a particular cruise, I never found it.  I started a new search each and every time after looking at one cruise up close.  Not user-friendly!  I'm sure there must be a better way, but if there is, it should be more apparent.

Anyhow, I persevered.  Wonderful itinerary Singapore to Rome -- worth the frustration of booking.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 4:55 PM, Kate-AHF said:

Kate

Just wondered if you tried the Print Icon on the Oceania Itinerary  you were looking at ??

6 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

I'm glad someone brought this up.

I just booked our first O cruise and it was like pulling teeth.  If there is a way to get back to search results after zeroing in on a particular cruise, I never found it.

When you were looking at a specific sailing  did you click on the Back arrow next to the title of the cruise

EG:   next to Barcelona  there is  an arrow to take you back to the search

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Mediterranean-cruises/barcelona-to-athens-RVA200607/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%2F%23sailDates%3D2020|06

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

When you were looking at a specific sailing  did you click on the Back arrow next to the title of the cruise

EG:   next to Barcelona  there is  an arrow to take you back to the search

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Mediterranean-cruises/barcelona-to-athens-RVA200607/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%2F%23sailDates%3D2020|06

Oddly, I did do that.  And while that has worked for me sometimes, it did not work during my most recent cruise searches.  (Scratching head.)

Really, to make it simple, I think the general back button should go back to one's search results.  But no matter.  Oceania's website is not the worst.  I think maybe Celebrity wins that dubious honor.

1 minute ago, AncientWanderer said:

Oddly, I did do that.  And while that has worked for me sometimes, it did not work during my most recent cruise searches.  (Scratching head.)

Really, to make it simple, I think the general back button should go back to one's search results.  But no matter.  Oceania's website is not the worst.  I think maybe Celebrity wins that dubious honor.

ODD

I have not used the  little arrow before  today but just use the back button  & it has worked  just fine for me

I use  a computer so maybe things are different on Ipads or phones  which many use 🤔

6 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

ODD

I have not used the  little arrow before  today but just use the back button  & it has worked  just fine for me

I use  a computer so maybe things are different on Ipads or phones  which many use 🤔

Odd indeed. lol

I'm on a computer -- MacBook Air.  

No matter.  All these websites are a constant work in progress.  We'll all keep fumbling through.  Or call, which is what I did after booking online, just to make sure I had applied all the "goodies" that were being promoted on the website.  

I concur with AncientWanderer.... the back button works only sometimes (and I'm on a PC).  And it still doesn't solve the problem of wanting more than one cruise open in your browser.

Lyn, i tried to find the print itin button on my cruise this December, and I can't find one.  Can you go to this page, and help me find it?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/grand-voyage-cruises/rio-de-janeiro-to-santiago-de-chile-MNA191207A/?sr=%2fcruise-finder%2f%23search-result-anchor

1 hour ago, Kate-AHF said:

I concur with AncientWanderer.... the back button works only sometimes (and I'm on a PC).  And it still doesn't solve the problem of wanting more than one cruise open in your browser.

Lyn, i tried to find the print itin button on my cruise this December, and I can't find one.  Can you go to this page, and help me find it?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/grand-voyage-cruises/rio-de-janeiro-to-santiago-de-chile-MNA191207A/?sr=%2fcruise-finder%2f%23search-result-anchor

Kate

near the top of the itin  right next to

Rio de Janeiro to Santiago de Chile

there is  a printer icon on my view

I always forget how to do print Screen  😞