Costa Maya, Mexico

8:00 AM

6:00 PM

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Miami, Florida

6:00 AM

Port of Miami will be at capacity Wednesday with so many ships coming back across all the cruise lines.

20 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Trying to run a 2 night cruise so that they don't "cancel" absurd.  Cancel now, give guests who haven't come to FL a chance to avoid the whole mess.  Get your current guests off safely...assess any damages to CocoCay, give your crew a day or two or downtime as you run from the storm.  This 2 night itinerary is ridiculous.  

Even the 2 night Bahamas cruise ship from West Palm runs away. 

This reminds me of the mess up RCL did with Liberty of the Seas in Galveston during Harvey. Royal absolutely refused to cancel the sailing even though Forcast showed an unlikely scenario that Liberty would be able to dock in Galveston that Sunday. The Harbor Master closed Galveston Bay already and likely would not reopen until after Harvey passes. RCL finally canceled only a few hours before the storm hit when they finally gave into the fact that LOS wasn't going to be let into Galveston bay and moved the ship to Miami. By then many passengers already flew to Houston because Royal told them to do so or lose your money, and was stuck for a week in a flooded houston city since the whole city (including the airport) shut down for a week. That with the fact that Carnival canceled their cruise sailing on the same day well before Royal did avoiding this disaster with their passengers made Royal look even worse. 

Edited by Jzx1103
  • Like 1

Severe bad weather has the same effect on us when we go skiing in the Alps. Roads closed due to intensive snow storms on transfer weekends so people can't leave the ski resort or get in. No skiing either due to high avalanche danger. Nothing worse than being stuck in a ski resort hotel with nothing to do. No insurance payouts or tour operator refunds either. 

I think RCCL have done more than they legally needed to do IMHO

11 minutes ago, Jzx1103 said:

This reminds me of the mess up RCL did with Liberty of the Seas in Galveston during Harvey. Royal absolutely refused to cancel the sailing even though Forcast showed an unlikely scenario that Liberty would be able to dock in Galveston that Sunday. The Harbor Master closed Galveston Bay already and likely would not reopen until after Harvey passes. RCL finally canceled only a few hours before the storm hit when they finally gave into the fact that LOS wasn't going to be let into Galveston bay and moved the ship to Miami. By then many passengers already flew to Houston because Royal told them to do so or lose your money, and was stuck for a week in a flooded houston city since the whole city (including the airport) shut down for a week. That with the fact that Carnival canceled their cruise sailing on the same day well before Royal did avoiding this disaster with their passengers made Royal look even worse. 

Yes, I remember it well 2 years ago.  It made me realize that all these companies put profit FIRST.  ALWAYS. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Trying to run a 2 night cruise so that they don't "cancel" absurd.  Cancel now, give guests who haven't come to FL a chance to avoid the whole mess.  Get your current guests off safely...assess any damages to CocoCay, give your crew a day or two or downtime as you run from the storm.  This 2 night itinerary is ridiculous.  

I agree! Doing nothing but creating a whole group of potential customers that will never consider Royal Caribbean CL again. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, djvcr said:

The 8/31 sailing has finally been revised:

Day

Port

Arrive

Depart

Sat

Miami, Florida

3:00 PM

Sun

Cruising

Mon

Costa Maya, Mexico

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Miami, Florida

Port of Miami will be at capacity Wednesday with so many ships coming back across all the cruise lines.

Thanks for posting this!  I am supposed to be on the Symphony 9/3 sailing but on the phone with royal seeing if I can get switched to this one instead.  I'd rather not be trying to fly in while the storm is still in Florida...

59 minutes ago, bclinton said:

Here is the revised itinerary offer......this does nothing but slap the consumer n the face........pretty unbelievable. 

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Wed

Miami, Florida

4:00 PM

Thurs

Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas

7:00 AM

Fri

Miami, Florida

Same as Mariner 😎

Now I know who we'll be with 

39 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, djvcr said:

The 8/31 sailing has finally been revised:

Day

Port

Arrive

Depart

Sat

Miami, Florida

3:00 PM

Sun

Cruising

Mon

Costa Maya, Mexico

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Miami, Florida

PC is double booking T1

Harmony in the morning and Mariner in the afternoon 

Just now, John&LaLa said:

PC is double booking T1

Harmony in the morning and Mariner in the afternoon 

That presumes that we’ll actually be back by then. Even though Miami put out a schedule for Harmony that gets us back to pc on Wednesday, captain johnny was hesitant to commit to anything beyond us being back in Cozumel to morrow when he did the announcement this morning. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That presumes that we’ll actually be back by then. Even though Miami put out a schedule for Harmony that gets us back to pc on Wednesday, captain johnny was hesitant to commit to anything beyond us being back in Cozumel to morrow when he did the announcement this morning. 

The 11 am update from NHC says that because the steering currents are weak, the track of the storm 4 and 5 days out from now is very uncertain. Anything seems possible at this point, which makes planning extremely difficult.

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

No,   you missed this:

You’ll also receive a full refund for any pre-purchased items like, shore excursions, beverage packages, pre-paid gratuities, and your taxes & fees. If you booked a non-refundable fare, fees will be waived.

@blueridgemama

If you choose to take the shorter cruise.

Both amounts will be in the value of the 3 days your cruise was shortened by, and based on the total cruise fare paid, per person, non-inclusive of taxes and fees.

58 minutes ago, DKLI said:

I really feel for everyone with cruise schedule issues, and even more so for those who live in harms way. :classic_sad:

I'm sure people have said it here a hundred times, but if you CAN'T be flexible with your plans, DON'T book a cruise to the Carib or Bahamas during hurricane season.  And always buy insurance if you do take a chance and book it.  You could be the one on an extended cruise, missing flights, or you could be the one with a shortened cruise, feeling cheated.  Hopefully it's a lesson for the future. 

I agree. Year after year between August 27 to Sept 6, 90 percent chance of hurricane will occur. This is why Princess and Holland have no ships in FLA.  

Of course Disney World having issues since BIG weekend for new Star Wars land as well as their own ships.

BEST OF LUCK to all.

Quick question. I’m on the Mariner September 6th sailing. I’d actually be interested in taking the Wednesday thru Friday sailing before.Thus extending the cruise an extra 2 days. If the price is right at least.  Will it become bookable on RCI website? 

1 minute ago, twodaywonder said:

If you do not take the cruise you receive a 100% future cruise credit. Is there an expiration? 

It says On another cruise vacation in the near future.

Also. Can it be used to pay the balance of a cruise already booked or just for a new booking?

There is usually a one-year expiration on an FCC.  You will have to read the fine print on the FCC to see if there are restrictions in it's use.

4 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

If you do not take the cruise you receive a 100% future cruise credit. Is there an expiration? 

It says On another cruise vacation in the near future.

Also. Can it be used to pay the balance of a cruise already booked or just for a new booking?

You can usually use them to pay on an existing cruise

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tface023 said:

I’m in the same position. It really looks like Sunday would be the better day, and we could sail as scheduled.

Ditto..but for Allure out of Port Everglades.  But I think the port may have made the unofficial decision and stated port would be most likely closed on Sunday and couldn't offer any guarantees so Royal had to make the call.   I'm out flight costs if I don't go since my flight isn't canceled or in the rebook at no penalty window (day before the cruise).  But if they officially cancel my cruise completely before my flight leaves tomorrow or Ft. Lauderdale gets slapped with a hurricane warning then insurance will cover it.  Dang insurance companies always win in the end.

I couldn't use mine to pay off a cruise, but did apply to already booked cruises.. Cruise 1 was cancelled due to a dry dock so moved to another cruise and applied my 600 FCC to the two b2b new cruises. Since they were already booked prior to their year expiration of the FCC I could apply them to those cruises vs waiting on Royal to offer me  new dates.