Upgraded Dining in BLU

mrsfuzzmo

We have a group going on the Solstice to Alaska in June.  One family of four is not in Aqua class because there are no adjoining rooms and 4 are not allowed in the Aqua class cabins.  If they book in Concierge level ( and not Aqua) can this family upgrade to dine with the rest of the group in BLU.  We've gotten conflicting info from Celebrity and need to find out if it's at all avaialble to do.  Will the Concierge help them get into dine with the rest of the group?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

This is one of the few non-conflicting Celebrity policies.  Only AQ and Suites--upon availability--in Blu.  It would be a madhouse otherwise if every other cabin category could "upgrade" to Blu, even at a cost.

Celebrity is very consistent in enforcing their policy that only AQ passengers and Suite passengers (based on availability) can dine in Blu.  While in Luminae (the MDR for Suite passengers) a Suite guest can host a non-suite passenger for a fee, that is not an option in Blu.  

While there may not be adjoining cabins available, most cabins on Solstice class ships allow you to open between the balconies. That would essentially create adjoining cabins with easy passage back and forth between the two.

42 minutes ago, mrsfuzzmo said:

Thank you all.  The one family with two small children will look into a suite.

Keep in mind, even with the upgrade to the suite, there is still NO guarantee they will be able to join you every evening in BLU. It is only on an "availability" option.

I slightly disagree with the 'availability' option for suites in Blu.  It depends on the ship and the maître d'.  Last time we sailed Reflection the maître d' refused to turn away suite guests even when the lines waiting to get into Blu were literally 10 couples long.  We ended up dining at 8:45 just so we could have a little peace and quiet and not have to wait in long lines.  I do agree that it is 'supposed' to be the policy.  Hopefully it is enforced on most ships.

Agree with others that if not in AQ or a suite - no way will they make exceptions and let you dine in Blu.  One of their few consistencies in policy application.

18 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I slightly disagree with the 'availability' option for suites in Blu.  It depends on the ship and the maître d'.  Last time we sailed Reflection the maître d' refused to turn away suite guests even when the lines waiting to get into Blu were literally 10 couples long.  We ended up dining at 8:45 just so we could have a little peace and quiet and not have to wait in long lines.  I do agree that it is 'supposed' to be the policy.  Hopefully it is enforced on most ships.

Agree with others that if not in AQ or a suite - no way will they make exceptions and let you dine in Blu.  One of their few consistencies in policy application.

That's unfortunate that the maître d wouldn't  turn guests away.  We were on the Constellation last year in a Suite and one night we wanted to dine in Blu, the Blu maître d

declined our request as he should as there were AQ guests waiting.

We have also been in Blu (Eclipse and Reflection) when we have seen suite guests advised that they could return after 9 and others times they were politely told there wasn't space that evening.

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That's unfortunate that the maître d wouldn't  turn guests away.  We were on the Constellation last year in a Suite and one night we wanted to dine in Blu, the Blu maître d

We have also been in Blu (Eclipse and Reflection) when we have seen suite guests advised that they could return after 9 and others times they were politely told there wasn't space that evening.

That's how it should be and glad to hear it usually is.  But I know for sure there were suite guests allowed into Blu despite crowds on our sailing.  We even raised the issue to the maître d' because it was so crowded, very loud, and service was not up to par, but he just smiled, said nothing, and kept doing it.  I know there were at least a couple tables (not 2-tops) of suite guests every single night.  Perhaps they were very high level suites and he was told they could do whatever they want - I'll never know.  But it was very frustrating as Reflection already has the most crowded Blu restaurant due to the extra cabins compared to other S class (at least pre-revolution).  What made it even worse is that one of the groups insisted on ordering from the MDR menu virtually every night which caused the waiters to have to go all the way down to the MDR kitchen for the food.  They were frazzled as all get-out trying to make everyone happy - I felt bad for them (and for those of us waiting and waiting and waiting for our own service).  That also made us mad - AQ guests in Blu on S class are not usually allowed to order from the MDR as it is so far away.  But these suite guests, who shouldn't have even been there under the circumstances,  were allowed.  Ok, I'll stop ranting now😊

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

This mirrors what I know/have experienced. We were in a CS and asked about dining in Blu. The MC concierge was very clear that we needed to have a reservation and she would take care of scheduling it. I have also been in Aqua  and heard the maitre’d or hostess, in Blu, turn suite passengers away if they did not have a reservation.

Edited by Straughn

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

What made it even worse is that one of the groups insisted on ordering from the MDR menu virtually every night which caused the waiters to have to go all the way down to the MDR kitchen for the food.  They were frazzled as all get-out trying to make everyone happy - I felt bad for them (and for those of us waiting and waiting and waiting for our own service).  That also made us mad - AQ guests in Blu on S class are not usually allowed to order from the MDR as it is so far away.  But these suite guests, who shouldn't have even been there under the circumstances,  were allowed.  Ok, I'll stop ranting now😊

Did I read you correctly in that suite guests insisted on eating in Blu and then wanted to order off the MDR menu??  Such selfishness. 

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

That's how it should be and glad to hear it usually is.  But I know for sure there were suite guests allowed into Blu despite crowds on our sailing.  We even raised the issue to the maître d' because it was so crowded, very loud, and service was not up to par, but he just smiled, said nothing, and kept doing it.  I know there were at least a couple tables (not 2-tops) of suite guests every single night.  Perhaps they were very high level suites and he was told they could do whatever they want - I'll never know.  But it was very frustrating as Reflection already has the most crowded Blu restaurant due to the extra cabins compared to other S class (at least pre-revolution).  What made it even worse is that one of the groups insisted on ordering from the MDR menu virtually every night which caused the waiters to have to go all the way down to the MDR kitchen for the food.  They were frazzled as all get-out trying to make everyone happy - I felt bad for them (and for those of us waiting and waiting and waiting for our own service).  That also made us mad - AQ guests in Blu on S class are not usually allowed to order from the MDR as it is so far away.  But these suite guests, who shouldn't have even been there under the circumstances,  were allowed.  Ok, I'll stop ranting now😊

Why didn’t they stay in Luminae  and order from the MDR?  Doesn’t make my sense but some just want to push the envelope and cause problems, and make life difficult for others. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅