Flight changed-late embarkation-will I get on?

tabprincess

1 hour ago, greenie082756 said:

So glad OP that things worked out. I agree that it is important to get a hotel booked ASAP.  There are plenty of hotels but usually the ones closest to Port Everglades are booked out. 

Good luck and have a fantastic and wonderful time with your sister!!

Or more of importance is to get a good price.

At our fave FLL/PE hotel, I got a $137+tax rate a while back for Nov.  I also booked a post-cruise room as wasn't sure of our plans.  When our friends decided to book the same cruise, the same rate category was $200+tax.  Yikes!!  Fortunately, one of the hotel mgr's moved the post-cruise booking to pre-cruise for a second room and kept the rate for me.  Perfect!

5 hours ago, K.T.B. said:

This may not be ideal, but why not drive down to Chicago and fly out of Midway?   Just rent a car one way the night before, drive the 3+ hours overnight, and catch the 5:30 am flight on 10/28.  Yeah, it'll suck, BUT at least you know you can catch your cruise that way since it'll arrive in FLL at 9:30am.  Just book it as a one way and change your flight back to a one way from FLL to MKE.

You can even go through O'Hare, there are 4 flights that leave before 8:00am (2 with Spirit and 1 each with Jet Blue and United according to Kayak).

Excellent idea as SW has Milwaukee locked up for flights. Drive to Midway not far

I traveled by air every week for the last 10+ years I worked (glad that is over!).  I had to make meetings and occasionally the airline computers would change my flights such that I was not going to make the meetings.  A simple call to the airline explaining my problem would always result in a rescheduling of course at no cost.  They understand that changed flights by the computer can result in problems and are willing to work with the flyer to meet his/her requirements. Always call the airline as soon as you realize the problem.

I would contact who ever booked your air to see if a different flight could be booked.  I book my own air, usually way in advance and if the airline makes such a change and I advised them the change they made will not work for me, I have a cruise ... I have found when the airline makes a change they work with passengers to put them on a different flight.  

3 hours ago, satxdiver said:

I traveled by air every week for the last 10+ years I worked (glad that is over!).  I had to make meetings and occasionally the airline computers would change my flights such that I was not going to make the meetings.  A simple call to the airline explaining my problem would always result in a rescheduling of course at no cost.  They understand that changed flights by the computer can result in problems and are willing to work with the flyer to meet his/her requirements. Always call the airline as soon as you realize the problem.

And I know from your experience - as it was mine too - that it certainly helps if you are a FF with status.  I was highest level on Air Canada for many years and that can work wonders for the frequent traveler.  It's all gone now - like a distant memory of a fantasy world. 

24 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I did!!!

Post #41

I did too.

Sorry, I couldn't quote:  

Hasn't anybody noticed the OP got it fixed?  

Edited 1 hour ago by pms4104

Edited by cr8tiv1

On 8/29/2019 at 1:39 PM, tabprincess said:

Great news everyone!  I just got off the phone with my sister and Southwest.

My sister was able to get her daughter into the care facility a day earlier and then Southwest changed us to a flight on 10/27 at no extra cost to us.  (Sis will have to pay dearly for the extra day at facility, but she is glad for the peace of mind in not a chance we will miss the ship!)

So thanks again for all the responses and know that my sister and I are now much more relaxed!!!  (Now just have to book a hotel, but that is no biggie!)

Thank goodness.  You can enjoy your flight and your cruise without stress!