Sea Princess South Seas cruise

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We're currently sitting in Bloody Mary's Bar waiting for our drinks and lunch to arrive.

We had an amazing morning. I snorkelled with the stingrays and sharks, then exploring a coral garden. DH didn't snorkel but came in the water for a while at the stingray/shark stop as the water was quite shallow there. Beautiful water too, so clear and the perfect temperature  - warm enough to stay in it for ages yet cool enough to be refreshing.

Bora Bora is definitely THE Tahitian port! So gorgeous!!!

Great stuff, totally agree with it being the best of the 3 (usual) ports.

Yes, they still have the sand floor, plus great cocktails, beer, and food. Their poisson cru was delicious. Not too expensive either.

There were plenty of shuttles running from behind the wharf area to Bloody Mary's and other places. 500 francs pp or US$5 pp.

Just now, NSWP said:

Thanks for blogs and pics.  Sounds like the germs have carried on from the Sea Princess 'Worldie.'   Plenty of sickness on that one.

A thorough cleaning is needed.

The crew are constantly cleaning all surfaces on the ship, plus such things as menu covers, salt and pepper shakers etc.

The problem is the ignorant and inconsiderate people who sneeze or cough straight into their hands instead of into a tissue or upper arms. Then they wander around the ship touching all sorts of surfaces. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen this on this cruise.

We carry sanitiser and DH was using it every time he coughed when not in our cabin, just in case. Plus we're avoiding crowded areas where possible ie tables for two at dinner, not going to shows, etc. 

Today's "horror" story:

At the table next to us at breakfast the guy decides the salt shaker isn't giving him enough salt so he unscrews the top and pinches some out with his fingers! 😲🙄

Once they had left I told the waiter who replaced that salt cellar with what I hope was a fresh one. 

30 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Today's "horror" story:

At the table next to us at breakfast the guy decides the salt shaker isn't giving him enough salt so he unscrews the top and pinches some out with his fingers! 😲🙄

Once they had left I told the waiter who replaced that salt cellar with what I hope was a fresh one. 

My god, these people walk among us.

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Today's "horror" story:

The grub should have been paraded before El Capitano.  Then perhaps thrown in the 'Briny' that would be salty enough for him.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It has been quite bumpy at times but not too bad. Although I did wake up a few more times than usual last night. It was also quite cold yesterday, with a strong wind that just about blew me off the promenade deck!🤣

Time to break out ye olde Rum and Bonox on the quarterdeck.  Enjoy the cooler weather.

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Just a heads up . You are probably aware anyway , but daylight saving starts tonight in

N Z .

I've completely lost track of what time it is in various places. I'm just going by the ship's time. I think we get an extra hour of sleep tonight.😊

Our port call in the Bay of Islands has been cancelled due to high winds making the tender operations unsafe. We went out on deck while they were trying to get the two tenders they'd launched back on the ship. It was wild out there.

• Like 1