Online Excursion Payment Gets Hung Up

namowal

Has anyone else had trouble navigating their webpage and booking online excursions?  I've been able to do this in the past, but recently it seems to get hung up on "processing" the payment information.  I remember a note that the website was to be under partial maintenance last night, so maybe it's related to that?

I had the same issue yesterday and again this morning, spent close to an hour on hold this morning.

Princess is aware of the issue and they are trying to get it resolved.

The rep could see all our excursions in our cart and process them very quickly, got a conformation within minutes.

Had a problem last month and didn't realize it at the time since it appeared that everything went through fine. Thank God that we reviewed our excursions last week and saw that my excursion HADN'T been booked at all (nowhere to be seen) and my husband's was hung up in the shopping cart (although they say that will clear out after a day...). Called a rep and got it taken care of immediately. Note to self: check it after booking. Don't always do ship excursions but this is a rare one to Marrakech and I waited months for it to be offered. Would have been quite unhappy if I had been shut out!

• Like 1

We just picked up a drop and go cruise on Friday for November. Since they had the website down, my iPad will no longer let me enter the Princess pages. Says an error occurred. So, we went to the local travel agent and she helped us book. Then at home, I dusted off the laptop to see if I could get excursions figured out. Ive now spent two days trying on the laptop, iPad, and phone! I tried to pay but it just hit me that because my agent handles things, I need to go through her to pay. So, another call to her in the morning to get them paid. 

Plus, I noticed tonight that the whole excursion page has a new look. I just don't know if I like it or not. Jurry is still out. . . 

Best of luck to the rest of you!

2 hours ago, RNGALNG said:

We just picked up a drop and go cruise on Friday for November. Since they had the website down, my iPad will no longer let me enter the Princess pages. Says an error occurred. So, we went to the local travel agent and she helped us book. Then at home, I dusted off the laptop to see if I could get excursions figured out. Ive now spent two days trying on the laptop, iPad, and phone! I tried to pay but it just hit me that because my agent handles things, I need to go through her to pay. So, another call to her in the morning to get them paid. 

No matter how you booked the cruise, you can book any excursions directly with Princess, either on the web site (when it is working properly) or via telephone.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, caribill said:

No matter how you booked the cruise, you can book any excursions directly with Princess, either on the web site (when it is working properly) or via telephone.

Thanks for letting me know. I still couldn't get into the website this morning, so called the travel agent. I'm glad I did as she could and found an excursion that had shown up in a blip and then disappeared. We thought it would be something we wanted to do (it was) and so got us signed up for that as well! All excursions are booked. Princess has about 50 days to fix the website so we can print our boarding passes! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, caribill said:

Right their excursion department will definitely book your excursions and accept payment even if you went through a TA to book the cruise. We have done this several times.

• Like 1

I was told by Princess that they were having a problem with the payment page.  So I did call Princess because I not only could not pay online but my husband's reservation (same everything) was $10 more than my reservation. I did make the payment however I was told they would report the price differential to the appropriate department (which was not open when I called).  Today I received email confirmation of the reservation listing the same price differential.  So I guess I will have to call again.  I know it's only $10 but if they did that to a multitude of passengers that's quite a take!

• Like 1

Oh my gosh. They had better fix their "new and improved" shore excursion booking system before I go to book ours. I will go nuts. The payments won't process, and your husband was charged more than you? Princess you are slipping so much. After twenty years I am losing faith. 

4 hours ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Wow. The 3 day sale must be knocking them out. What poor timing for problems..

I don't know how much of it was the 3 day sale, but my TA seemed overwhelmed with business today. We booked a 3 for free and the $200 off the airfare on the 3 day sale.