Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

@sid_9169 I love the name dropping list. Amazing. I also have to thank you for FlyBy. I travel for work frequently and there is always “entertaining”. FlyBy helped me survive 5 days at a conference in Cancun last week.

Also have you ever had reposado with a slice of pineapple instead of lime? One of the bartenders turned us on to it - outstanding. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ashirene225 said:

@sid_9169 I love the name dropping list. Amazing. I also have to thank you for FlyBy. I travel for work frequently and there is always “entertaining”. FlyBy helped me survive 5 days at a conference in Cancun last week.

Also have you ever had reposado with a slice of pineapple instead of lime? One of the bartenders turned us on to it - outstanding. 

I'm starting to think that the company Fly-by owes me some royalties at this point... I've never tried tequila with pineapple, but it sounds good:)

• Haha 1

I hesitate to post anything here, but I am the type prone to always saying Thank You, so . . .

I greatly appreciated the information provided pre/during/post Carnival Horizon, as it might be very beneficial on a future sailing (of a ship I've never been on).

We were on two different ships this time during that week, and it made for another interesting read.  Best wishes, and Bon Voyage, on the upcoming one as well.

• Like 1

I may be 76 years old, but  I LOVE pastel colors. 🙂 With all the pictures of the different buildings next to each other, with pastel colors, this I like! 🙂 I have been out of town a couple times, and am just "trying" to catch up with your review, and getting "ideas" of what the 8 of us might do on the Horizon in March. 🙂

• Like 1

A belated Happy Birthday to you.  I have 3 grown sons, so I am a "Mother Hubbard," when it comes to boys! 🙂 You go by the name of Sid?  Does that stand for Sidney?  The reason I ask this, my brother's name was Sidney.

• Like 1

<StandsUpPushesChairBackandStretches>

I was the first, I'll be the last ...

(sorry Cheap Trick)

Thanks for the review.  It caused me to go over to the the Ay Tee El.  I'm currently on pg 46.  How do I keep track of which page I'm on?  I write it down on a post-it note which is on my monitor.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, beshears said:

A belated Happy Birthday to you.  I have 3 grown sons, so I am a "Mother Hubbard," when it comes to boys! 🙂 You go by the name of Sid?  Does that stand for Sidney?  The reason I ask this, my brother's name was Sidney.

Sidney is my middle name, but I've gone by Sid all my life... They call me James on the ship because that's what it says on my cruise card...

1 hour ago, OddJob said:

<StandsUpPushesChairBackandStretches>

I was the first, I'll be the last ...

(sorry Cheap Trick)

Thanks for the review.  It caused me to go over to the the Ay Tee El.  I'm currently on pg 46.  How do I keep track of which page I'm on?  I write it down on a post-it note which is on my monitor.  lol

I make notes to myself on Post it's and keep them in my pocket...

1 hour ago, OddJob said:

It caused me to go over to the the Ay Tee El.  I'm currently on pg 46.  How do I keep track of which page I'm on?  I write it down on a post-it note which is on my monitor.  lol

Not sure what browser you're using, but in Firefox, once you've signed in to Cruise Critic, simply go to the main page on the Carnival board and click on the blue dot to the left of the thread and that will take you to your first unread post in the thread.

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Not sure what browser you're using, but in Firefox, once you've signed in to Cruise Critic, simply go to the main page on the Carnival board and click on the blue dot to the left of the thread and that will take you to your first unread post in the thread.

Garnett

O  M  G  !!!!!

I've been looking for a trick like this since they changed the site last year! THANK YOU N7786W Flyer!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deedle7544 said:

I got the #5 spot, going for #1 on the December review!!!  #lifegoals

And I got #13....but hey Sid...you left out the C...in my moniker...oldest son's initial....LOL...no worries though...there is no way I would put forth that effort...super duper review...and everyone thanked on top of that!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jbhcw said:

And I got #13....but hey Sid...you left out the C...in my moniker...oldest son's initial....LOL...no worries though...there is no way I would put forth that effort...super duper review...and everyone thanked on top of that!!!!

Man... After all the careful work that I did trying to get the list together, I really flubbed it, didn't I?...

• Like 2

Oh my, this is almost a coincidence! You said your middle name is Sidney, but you go by Sid.  Well Sidney was my brother's first name, and his "middle" name was James. So my brother's name was James, my husband's name was James (goes by Jim), and our first born twin's name is James, and we call him James. 🙂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Garnett

learn something new every day. Thanks!!

• Like 1

Something just dawned on me when see you getting ready to get off the ship.  I believe this was when I took my first cruise of over 25 years ago (being blessed to do 19, and Horizon in March), and we were at dinner for the last time.  One of the men said, "Back to Campbell's Soup again!"  I thought.................oh how true that was.

• Like 1

Now that your "officially" home, I want to say thank you for taking me and many others on your cruise of the Carnival Horizon, which the 8 of us plan to do the middle part of March.  You mentioned about writing a review on the Norwegian ship you plan to take around Thanksgiving, which is just around the corner. 🙂 I hope you enjoy the cruise on the Norwegian, as not only my friend and I, but many others were very UNHAPPY with the Norwegian Star, which was a "brand new" (maybe that was the reason (???) ship.  I won't go into details, but one thing that bothered me was in the Atrim area, they had PLASTIC flowers that you could buy at K-Mart for 10 cents a piece, how tactic that was!  So cheap I thought they were! For me (the Norwegian may be different now ???), I like several options to choose from to see/do on the ship if I wish.  There was hardly anything to see/do on this ship. We thought maybe it was just the two of us that were unhappy in many ways with this ship, but every time we passed the Guest/Purser's desk, we heard so many people complaining. 😞 Then, when we got on the flight to come back to Kansas City, we could not believe ALL the people that were complaining on our flight about the cruise we had just got off, so guess it wasn't just us.

• Like 1