Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

Six thirty am on Monday morning... Getting prepared for my first day back at work, and it's going to be a long one... I went and did some of my part time job yesterday afternoon, and noticed a sign on the door saying they were closed today for Rosh Hashanah... That meant that I had until tonight actually finish, which was good news. Last night I only had one beer in addition to the one earlier at Holeman and Finch... In fact, that burger ended up being my lunch and dinner. One of my goals, now that I'm a half century old, is to really get my daily drinking under control. And, maybe the savings could help me to pay off some of my "cruise debt"

Thank you all so much for being such a big part of my epic journey... I'll be starting to get together my traditional "thank you" list this week, and I will personally thank each and every one of you who commented along the way... If you want to be a part of the Ay Tee El family, just head on over to the Floataway Lounge and join the party there. But, just a note, it's mostly just boring day to day type stuff, and sometimes personal in nature...

Again, I wish this cruise could've gone on forever, but real life will have to prevail. Join me on the new Norwegian Encore, beginning on or about Thanksgiving... Hope to see you all there.........

• Like 21

57 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Six thirty am on Monday morning... Getting prepared for my first day back at work, and it's going to be a long one... I went and did some of my part time job yesterday afternoon, and noticed a sign on the door saying they were closed today for Rosh Hashanah... That meant that I had until tonight actually finish, which was good news. Last night I only had one beer in addition to the one earlier at Holeman and Finch... In fact, that burger ended up being my lunch and dinner. One of my goals, now that I'm a half century old, is to really get my daily drinking under control. And, maybe the savings could help me to pay off some of my "cruise debt"

Thank you all so much for being such a big part of my epic journey... I'll be starting to get together my traditional "thank you" list this week, and I will personally thank each and every one of you who commented along the way... If you want to be a part of the Ay Tee El family, just head on over to the Floataway Lounge and join the party there. But, just a note, it's mostly just boring day to day type stuff, and sometimes personal in nature...

Again, I wish this cruise could've gone on forever, but real life will have to prevail. Join me on the new Norwegian Encore, beginning on or about Thanksgiving... Hope to see you all there.........

Can’t wait for that review! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

If you want to be a part of the Ay Tee El family, just head on over to the Floataway Lounge and join the party there. But, just a note, it's mostly just boring day to day type stuff, and sometimes personal in nature...

We cant be that borIng.....there’s almost 3500 posts over there.  Personal? Yes. BorIng.....no way 😀😀😀

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Safe travels home Sid! Missed you in the tribe! I leave on Bliss tomorrow so will catch you on the flip side! 

Thanks for another outstanding review of a ship and itinerary that I had no interest in until you sailed! Lol!

Ceilidh,

I forgot to say,  have a GREAT trip on Bliss!!!

Send pix!

N

• Like 2

Hi Sid,

GREAT REVIEW!!  I have followed a few other reviews of yours, and you are just an awesome person to bring us along on your journey.  I will no longer be a lurker!  Definitely a follower for life!  Cant wait for your next review!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blarko said:

We cant be that borIng.....there’s almost 3500 posts over there.  Personal? Yes. BorIng.....no way 😀😀😀

I agree!   We're definitely not boring, we're actually quite interesting people, I think!

Welcome home, Sid and thanks for another great review.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2019 at 8:06 PM, sid_9169 said:

Annamaria was next on deck to lay one down for me... (Wow, that sounded dirty...) Something with tequila and blackberries...

IMG_20190922_193850.jpg

Looks fantastic, I have lots of pages to catch up on.  Though any drink with blackberries IMO is fantastic.  Loved some they made on the Pride with Gin (and Vodka).  Never thought about trying with Tequila.  Though on the Pride they made so may blackberry cocktails they ran out of blackberries before our cruise was finished.  

We get to sail on the Horizon at the end of October, cant wait.  

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 9:52 AM, sid_9169 said:

Thanks to all of you, this "review" is on a trajectory to be my biggest ever... I really appreciate all of you who chimed in along the way, and to all of you "lurkers"... I will thank each and every one of you by username when I return to reality...

I'm sad it's over, so enjoyed reading all your posts.  My work days are going to be really long now without the entertainment 😞  Safe travels!

• Like 1

Thanks again for the review, Sid.  All caught up after being out of town for the weekend, but looks like a great time was had, and a belated Happy Birthday!

I'll be looking forward to the Encore review as I am booked on her in March!

See you and the tribe back on the A T L thread.

• Like 1

Well I made it through to like page 34, loving the review.  Makes me wish my cruise wasn't still 4 weeks away and that I also had the drink package LOL.  But sadly our money will be just a tad tight as my husband quit his job of 25 years last week.  

That excursion in La Romana just seemed awful, however if there were kitties that would have been great for us.  We do cat rescue, so I love still getting to see a few kitties on vacation.  Always try to manage to snap a few pics of local kitties whenever we go places.  

I think I like my plan of the anytime dining for this trip, will be the first Carnival cruise we haven't done late seating.  I almost think I may manage the entire week without using the dining room.  We have the Teppanyaki and Italian place for two of our nights.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zencruisers said:

Thanks for taking us along for the ride. You have a great writing style that makes the reader feel they are right there with you. Your pictures and commentary make for and epic review. Thanks again!

My writing style is nothing but the thoughts inside my head translated into text... I failed English class more times than I can remember. Thanks for following again:)

• Like 2

Great review Sid. Quick question, how did you find the temperature on board and in your room. There is a big post on Facebook Horizon page today with a bunch of people that had recently sailed saying how hot it was on board and that the AC was not working in areas. Can you confirm?

• Like 1