Health Questionnaire at pier question

cruzn single

I am scheduled for b2b cruises starting October 9, leaving home on October 7 for arrival day before sailing.  Currently, I have ??, possibly virus, possible pneumonia, possible ear infection, or who knows?  (Guess that is why it is called “practice” of medicine  I have now been sick almost two weeks.  Been to doctor and go back Monday. 

Anyway, my question does anyone remember how long prior to the departure do the questions apply?  Or maybe someone remembers the questions.  

Right now, I couldn’t fly on three flights, and then be in a strange city, because I feel horrible.  And I really don’t want to expose anyone else to whatever.  So, want to know if I start feeling better, what time frame is included in the questions.

They don't use the health questionnaire any more. Probably because anyone who was sick would lie and say they were fine, so it was useless. I'm glad to see it go, as it was always a hassle. You've got your hands full with your carry-on and your ticket and your passport, and then you've got to find a pen to fill out the form.

When you see your doctor ask how long you'll be likely to spread your bug after your symptoms decline. 

Being sick when you travel is awful. Hope you feel better soon.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

I hope you feel better!

Do you have travel insurance?  This is why the preexisting medical condition waiver is so valuable. 

Pneumonia is no joke. Put me in the hospital for a week, almost killed me a few years back and I was in my early 30s when it happened. 

Let the MD know you want/intend to travel in a few weeks and discuss it with them. May change treatment plan to be more aggressive (or not idk, I'm not an MD). 

Get well soon!

13 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

They don't use the health questionnaire any more. Probably because anyone who was sick would lie and say they were fine, so it was useless.

Useless ? For those passengers who told the truth, they were seen by ship's medical staff before boarding, and a determination was made about their symptoms and potential health risk to others - passengers and crew.  

As I'm sure you know, disease can spread rapidly within the close confines of a ship.  At least HAL was making an effort to catch people before they boarded.  It was all done with your well being in mind.  

35 minutes ago, Boatdrill said:

Useless ? For those passengers who told the truth, they were seen by ship's medical staff before boarding, and a determination was made about their symptoms and potential health risk to others - passengers and crew.  

As I'm sure you know, disease can spread rapidly within the close confines of a ship.  At least HAL was making an effort to catch people before they boarded.  It was all done with your well being in mind.  

Yes, I do know how diseases spread, but that isn't the point of my post.  I don't think many people told the truth if they had to tick any of the "yes" boxes about symptoms. It isn't HAL's fault that the questionnaire didn't do any/much good, it's sick passengers who lie.

Think about it--they're at the pier and suddenly are facing something that could stop them from getting on the ship. Maybe they don't have travel insurance, or maybe they just don't want to miss their vacation. Maybe they're underestimating their illness,  "I'm not that sick." or "I'll be better in a day or so." Lots of reasons to choose to lie.

Thanks, I am re-assured about questionnaire.  Didn’t want to answer falsely.  I just didn’t remember, even though I was on 2 HAL cruises in 2018.  

Now, just concentrating on feeling better.  See doc tomorrow, again.  If not better by next weekend will cancel both cruises.