Staff's "Dining Show" on Carnival

Senvy797

3 minutes ago, Senvy797 said:

Carnival's dining staffs usually put on a show during dinner time.  I always missed the show since I always chose "Your Time Dining" .  Does anyone know what time this "show" usually take place? 

About 1 hour 10 minutes into dinner

8 hours ago, Senvy797 said:

Carnival's dining staffs usually put on a show during dinner time.  I always missed the show since I always chose "Your Time Dining" .  Does anyone know what time this "show" usually take place? 

We always do YTD too, so it’s easy to miss, unfortunately. In our experience, and if I’m remembering correctly, it’s usually around 7pm, give or take. We always enjoy it when we do catch it.

Last week on the Vista, they did Showtime every single night.  That was new, for the past few years it has only been 3-4 nights on a 7 night cruise.  They did it earllier it seemed to us.  We used to be able to get in to eat in YTD at 5:30 and be done before 7pm when they started.  Not this time.  They did Showtime at 6:30 every night (we decided to skip the MDR a few nights for other dining venues).  

I don't hate it, the waiters obviously love it.  Its a break from the go go go of service... but it is loud and gets so repetitive.  

6 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

We always have done early seating and it happens at the end of dinner. We recently cruised on Royal and they make a halfhearted attempt at doing this, but Carnival does a much better job with it.

Back in 2010 I did a B2B cruise on HAL.  They had a special night that they tried to do several things, including sing...They really needed to go to the Carnival school of performance.  It didn't last long...EM

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 10:15 PM, Senvy797 said:

Even with your time chow time I get the schtick at least once per cruise and this always happens when I get some great table mates and we are bonding but, hey like the Quest which better never go away, the dining staff loud in your face napkin waving schtick is part of a Carnival cruise.

We just got off the Valor, we had your time dining and they did the show on the last night just as our dessert was coming,, about 7pm. They also did a show on a previous night dancing to "Happy". We thought it was cute and something different, not too sure the staff enjoys doing the dancing. BTW the Baked Alaska is good.

On 9/29/2019 at 10:26 AM, Out of Iowa said:

I'd prefer to have my dessert  already on my table to enjoy WHILE the waiters are dancing.

For those with Your Time Dining, what course you're on will vary. They tend to do it at the same time (around 7pm in our experience), so where you're at in your meal depends on what time you started.

A lot of people stop eating to watch the show. Some stand up and clap, some even dance. My guess would be that they do it between courses so that people's food isn't getting cold, ice cream melting, or whatever.

13 hours ago, indygirl76 said:

SAME. I hate it. I know other people love it, but I don't get it. At all.

It's all part of what makes Carnival the Fun Ships. As mentioned, others have tried to copy it and failed. I consider it an appetizer for the evening show.

It's fun to watch. Every cruise we've been on has that "one" crew member who really, and I mean really, gets into the dance.

Would I like this back in the real world? NO.

Do I like it a few times on a cruise? YES.

• Like 1

I really enjoy the entertainment; it's part of the cruise experience, in my view. It's not like it lasts all that long anyway, it's just a few minutes.

I understand it's not everybody's taste, but that's the beauty of YTD. You have the opportunity to time your dinner in order to miss it. That's a win for everybody.