Balloons

J&Dhighdesert

9 minutes ago, J&Dhighdesert said:

On a recent cruise on another line, we had several balloons on our door.  It was an easy way to find our room.  Some people in the hallway thanked us for the balloons.  My question is can I purchase balloons once we board?  Thanks in advance.

I have not seen them in the shops.

I would just bring a small bag.

i generally hang something on my door with a magnet.  all of my cruises have been during a holiday or birthday, so finding a decoration was not an issue.  i've seen some people hang a dry erase board.  there are tons of ways to make your door stand out that don't take a lot of luggage space

Why not memorize the cabin number, like one would do with a hotel room?   

Princess is doing away with balloons altogether from what I’ve read on other forums due to environmental reasons, with the last balloon drop being held on the Royal a few days ago.  

• Like 1

Be careful that anything you stick to the door doesn't damage it. Our neighbors had rubber cling decorations for fall on their door. After they took them down, you could still see where they had stained the door. It's been over a week, and the stains are still there.

20190926_131609.jpg

1 hour ago, J&Dhighdesert said:

What different replies!  It was just nice to look down the hallway to see if I was on the right side of the ship.  We will be on the Royal and they have long, long hallways.

According to CC, "On Princess ships, the carpet in the hallway on the left (port) side has a red border. The right (starboard) side has a blue border.  Also, On Princess ships, the "curl" in the carpet faces forward."  The curl is in the carpet border.

319511559_carpet1-Copy(640x389).jpg.a531f283a055817b7bb6c5aef7eaa413.jpg

Edited by Daniel A

On 9/30/2019 at 12:49 AM, geoherb said:

Be careful that anything you stick to the door doesn't damage it. Our neighbors had rubber cling decorations for fall on their door. After they took them down, you could still see where they had stained the door. It's been over a week, and the stains are still there.

20190926_131609.jpg

oh yeah, keep away from those jelly clings, they look cute and work amazing for windows but ruin paint. 

and i know they are concerned about fire hazards, so i keep away from the tissue paper ones.  i've been finding some made out of felt, i have a couple of small garlands and trees for winter holidays, and i now have some halloween decorations.  i also have some mylar pirate decorations.  all fold very compact and are easy to pack and weight next to nothing.  you can really get creative with a couple of bucks at a dollar store.

14 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

According to CC, "On Princess ships, the carpet in the hallway on the left (port) side has a red border. The right (starboard) side has a blue border.  Also, On Princess ships, the "curl" in the carpet faces forward."  The curl is in the carpet border.

319511559_carpet1-Copy(640x389).jpg.a531f283a055817b7bb6c5aef7eaa413.jpg

Unfortunately those carpets are being phased out.