Air2Sea reservations

cjc729

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I believe that the agent would have to make it since the air shows up on your cruise invoice and not a separate invoice. 

Anyone know if the travel agency(agent) get commission on the air flights? It could be quite a bit of money, wondering if any OBC from the agent might be attainable?

Edited by Jimbo

55 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone know if the travel agency(agent) get commission on the air flights? It could be quite a bit of money, wondering if any OBC from the agent might be attainable?

While there's no extra commission on the airfare, that is an RC expense, so the RC Visa card gives double points on the airfare, which can ultimately lead to OBC down the road.

I tried Air2Sea for our B2B and it did not work.It would have costed double to fly from SFO to Barcelona with  a stopover so I snagged a non-stop Iberia flight for $280 with luggage seat assignments and meals.On the return I booked Southwest for $148 from Tampa to San Jose.Air2Sea.was asking Basic Economy with no luggage.As we arrive a few days before our sailing and spend the night in Tampa were good as far as not missing the ship or doing everything to avoid it.I refuse to fly via JFK or Miami and prefer non-stop. Unless I pay more Ajr2Sea does not give me good flyingtimes.

16 hours ago, cjc729 said:

Sounds like the handling of international flights is consistently more advantageous. 

Be careful drawing conclusions based on one anecdotal example.  There have been lots of reports of Air2Sea response on these boards over the years, and those reports have been all over the place, from "best service ever" to "they said there was nothing they could do" to not even being able to reach them on a weekend day of travel when a problem popped up.

13 hours ago, NouCruzer said:

it said that seat assignments could not be made until check in.  Does this mean that our party of 3 might be seated separately?

Yes, that is entirely possible.  By T minus 24, it's entirely possible that little is left but middle seats in assorted rows.  You might get lucky, but you might not.  Be prepared to take that chance.

10 hours ago, dcourt said:

I picked my seats when I made the reservation.  I would go out to the airline you are flying and pick the seats you want.  I could change mine on the Delta sight if I wanted to.

It depends on specific fare class booked, the routing, and the general airline policy as to when you can choose seats.  Sometimes you can choose in advance, sometimes you can't. 

13 hours ago, NouCruzer said:

We recently did the same for a western Mediterranean cruise in summer 2020.  Good price, refundable fare (although with a penalty), but when I got the confirmation, it said that seat assignments could not be made until check in.  Does this mean that our party of 3 might be seated separately?  If so, can this be changed?  Certainly don't want to fly with each is us in random middle seats scattered across the cabin.  

I was able to select my seats for June 2020 when I booked.  Refundable until final payment.

• 7 months later...

On the air2sea site it always says “refundable ticket (with fee)”

I can never get an answer on when that “fee” applies.

I had a cruise and I changed the ticket twice to a lower price ticket and never had a fee charge.

Is the fee charged only after you pay for the ticket with final cruise payment

I do not believe the $15/25 is the fee that they refer to when the say “refundable with fee”.  I have asked them directly in the past  and they just say “if there is a fee”.  I am assuming it is an airline fee, not sure when it kicks in or on which airlines

47 minutes ago, shemp2000 said:

I do not believe the $15/25 is the fee that they refer to when the say “refundable with fee”.  I have asked them directly in the past  and they just say “if there is a fee”.  I am assuming it is an airline fee, not sure when it kicks in or on which airlines

I just cancelled an Air2Sea flight from Copenhagen to Toronto scheduled for May 24 and it was booked and shows as  "refundable with fee".  From what I understand, normally, there's a $200 fee per ticket (I believe that's the amount) if you cancel.  Due to the Covid19 situation, the $200 fee was waived for each of us and we were refunded the whole amount back to our credit cards.  It only took a week to get it back but we're still waiting for our cruise refund.  I believe we also paid $15 each when we booked the air about a year ago.

Our flights were booked on American Airlines who were using British Airways.

Edited by hancogran

We have never had any issues, but the big advantage of using them right now is because if your cruise cancels, or you suddenly cannot travel due to restrictions and you booked refundable flights through them, you'd get all of your money refunded. If you book via an airline or another source, you would lose everything.

On 9/29/2019 at 10:16 AM, awestover89 said:

Price out both. One way flights between US and Europe can often (but not always) be cheaper with Air2Sea. 

So, it's best to book one way there, then one way back? I'll look into that just in case our cruise somehow remains.

• 1 year later...

My first time booking with Air2Sea for an international flight.  One of the benefits that I like is that you can pay in installments if you like. 

I did not know this until someone mentioned it on this board.  The type of fare limits you to that one airline.  If you decided you want to rebook on another airline your stuck.

Maybe I just got the wrong customer service people but they always seem to take hours to answer a simple question.  They are very nice but never really follow up with what they promise.   The ability to pay with installments is a bonus however, make sure they have a record of it or get a receipt.  An issue may come up where they say they have no record of it when it actually was already deducted on your bank account.

I love Royal Carribean but I will probably pass on the Air2Sea service.

I booked Air2Sea flights for each of my upcoming cruises. The one that was cancelled, i simply got my money back. The one that takes place in December, I got two price drops before I had to make final payment. The one that I booked for February, I've gotten two price drops already. So I went ahead and booked with them for my cruise in May. Seems a bit high currently, but I'll check periodically and I will take advantage of any price drops before final payment.

• 5 months later...

Hi all.  Has anyone found an easier way to connect to Air2Sea?  We booked Italy flights for our Odyssey Cruise and our travel agent hasn't been able get on the line with them after hours of waiting. Air Canada cancelled one of our flights and was supposed to call us back about options but still haven't. Plus as we're only two months away, i want to make sure we can book our seats soon so we're not spending 14 hours in middle seats.  Does anyone have a connection or know any shortcuts to get to them?  

Edited by bouynxdor

I finally decided to call at midnight one night and I got through immediately. I had tried 4 or 5 times before and couldn't reach anyone. I think the hours are until 2am eastern time zone weekdays.