Bringing water on board

redtees

53 minutes ago, heddyjan said:

I asked the same question last week.

Answer: you can bring water on board PROVIDED you take it on as carry on luggage and the bottles are sealed.

Yes of course you can but are they going to check every bottle's seal?

Doubtful.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heddyjan said:

I asked the same question last week.

Answer: you can bring water on board PROVIDED you take it on as carry on luggage and the bottles are sealed.

Only half correct. Water may be carried on or it may be checked baggage. It can be brought on at embarkation or at any port of call. The only possible issue with checking water is that it may be held for inspection. There are no current restrictions. Check out the FAQ's.

I would suggest to Redtees that if they want to bring on water, just do it. If it isn't too heavy it's easier to just carry it on.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

I think the Carnival ban applies to ALL bottled beverages ... canned stuff in limited qty permitted

Also permitted are beverages in juice-box type containers

Edited by pms4104
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Even that will not tell you what brands the next cruise will have. It all depends on what is brought onboard when the ship is re-supplied on turnaround day.

I can't disagree, but I made no guarantee either.  Unless the contracted supplier just changed, it is quite likely the same brand will be loaded on for the next voyage.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, skynight said:

Only half correct. Water may be carried on or it may be checked baggage. It can be brought on at embarkation or at any port of call. The only possible issue with checking water is that it may be held for inspection. There are no current restrictions. Check out the FAQ's.

I would suggest to Redtees that if they want to bring on water, just do it. If it isn't too heavy it's easier to just carry it on.

I asked my travel agent to double check with Princess because I thought it would be handy to have a couple of cases delivered directly to the port with stateroom number or luggage tag stuck on the outside.  However you cannot check it in with your luggage. It can only be taken on board as carry-on luggage. As most cartons are shrink wrapped there is probably no need to check seals.

This info was given to me last Friday so it’s recent Information.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, redtees said:

👍 Brilliant! We've ordered a case of the ship's water.  We'll put some of our water in a roller and if it is confiscated....so be it.  We can buy some more in Hawaii. Thank you everyone for your advice.

They don't/won't confiscate water. They might look at it, if it's in a suitcase, but it'll still be there when your luggage is delivered.

The only thing they will confiscate is liquor or beer. Those are no-nos.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, heddyjan said:

I asked my travel agent to double check with Princess because I thought it would be handy to have a couple of cases delivered directly to the port with stateroom number or luggage tag stuck on the outside.  However you cannot check it in with your luggage. It can only be taken on board as carry-on luggage. As most cartons are shrink wrapped there is probably no need to check seals.

This info was given to me last Friday so it’s recent Information.

And yet...many stick a luggage tag on water or soda flats and check it as luggage.

Maybe your TA talked to the same person who get that incorrect info to the OP and others who've posted here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, heddyjan said:

I thought it would be handy to have a couple of cases delivered directly to the port with stateroom number or luggage tag stuck on the outside. 

so , you wanted to order this water from a 3rd party vendor ( delivered directly to the port ) and have it delivered to your stateroom without you touching it ??? or did I just completely whiff on this ?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, voljeep said:

Carnival banned bringing water onboard long ago ... Princess to follow ...?

Carnival will not even let you bring back on board at a port stop a Carnival supplied bottle of water.

And any liquor purchased in the onboard shops is not delivered to your cabin the last evening. You must line up to pick it up yourself on disembarkation morning. Then once off the ship, pack into a suitcase that will be checked on a plane flight.

Yeh that was the plan. Woolworths is about 1km from the port. I was going to order home (port address) delivery.

It’s wasn’t a financial issue but a water preference issue.

However, not to be as I’ve no intention of lugging water with my carry-on.

19 hours ago, voljeep said:

so , you wanted to order this water from a 3rd party vendor ( delivered directly to the port ) and have it delivered to your stateroom without you touching it ??? or did I just completely whiff on this ?

Yeh that was the plan. Woolworths is about 1km from the port. I was going to order home (port address) delivery.

It’s wasn’t a financial issue but a water preference issue.

However, not to be as I’ve no intention of lugging water with my carry-on.