Bringing water on board

redtees

8 minutes ago, redtees said:

One of us prefers spring water to purified, so we planned on putting a strap on a case of water and

bringing it as luggage.  Now, Princess tells us we can't do this. 

Is this policy enforced? 

Who Princess?  People being on cases of water all the time.  Probably someone at HQ that doesn't know what happens at the port.  

I used to bring water on, but for the pain of lugging it, the pre-cruise package deal for $7 is pretty decent.  You can refill from ship taps and their water is great.

Or bring a non-plastic bottle to use.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, redtees said:

One of us prefers spring water to purified, so we planned on putting a strap on a case of water and

Is this policy enforced? 

Where did you hear that? You can bring on as much water as you like. You can either check it or carry it on.

• Thanks 1

Now that Princess has a new-found environmental conscience, nothing would surprise me.

If indeed Princess plans to eliminate all single-use plastics, including bottled water, Princess does not plan to offer it onboard in the vety near future.

If Princess isn't providing it onboard, they're not gonna allow pax to bring any onboard with them.  That would defeat thr purpose of their environmrntal program.

Heck, I think Princess may ban all pax-carried beverages ... except for a bottle of wine per person

Edited by pms4104
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, redtees said:

Is this policy enforced? 

Why not just order the water package pre cruise?

It will be waiting in your cabin on arrival.

You can order as many as you want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Why not just order the water package pre cruise?

It will be waiting in your cabin on arrival.

You can order as many as you want.

Because we want spring water instead of the purified water they offer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, redtees said:

Because we want spring water instead of the purified water they offer.

On our Spring B2B cruises from LA to the Mexican Riviera & then a coastal to Vancouver it was Crystal Geyser Alpine Spring Water with the water package.  I don’t know where you’re sailing & it can vary by embarkation port.

http://www.crystalgeyserasw.com/

Inaccurate information is more common on weekends when their least experienced reps are working.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

On our Spring B2B cruises from LA to the Mexican Riviera & then a coastal to Vancouver it was Crystal Geyser Alpine Spring Water with the water package.  I don’t know where you’re sailing & it can vary by embarkation port.

http://www.crystalgeyserasw.com/

Inaccurate information is more common on weekends when their least experienced reps are working.

Maybe if we call right before our trip, they can tell us what kind of water they'll be offering.

Thank you.

26 minutes ago, redtees said:

Maybe if we call right before our trip, they can tell us what kind of water they'll be offering.

Thank you.

You could try posting on the roll calls just before your cruise to see if someone could tell you the brand.

According to a very experienced career ship’s chief engineer the ship’s water supply is likely safer than tap water at home.  I use a refillable wide mouth Brita bottle on the ship & purchase a water package to use in ports.  Although I understand that your water preferences are different than mine...hope it works for you. 🙂

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

You could also post on the roll calls just before your cruise to see if someone could tell you the brand.

7 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

You would be better if someone could tell you who sailed on the immediate prior voyage,

Good idea.  This is our first cruise. This is our petty "crisis".  😁

My cruising partner may just have to make a taste adjustment.

1 minute ago, redtees said:

Good idea.  This is our first cruise. This is our petty "crisis".  😁

My cruising partner may just have to make a taste adjustment.

Prepaying $7.08 (12 - 0.5 liter bottles) the extra cost is worthwhile to me & is better than lugging bottles of water to the shoreside porter with my luggage.

Being your first cruise, if you’re not aware of it you can bring soda onboard during embarkation or from ports.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i usually bring a case of sparkling water to keep inthe room.  we do drink the ship water, but sometimes i like the sparkle.  i usually put it in a small roller with nothing else and send it onto the room with my other luggage.  i've not been called to the naughty room but i guess that is always a possibility.  the reason i do this is then i have the small roller to walk off with our last night stuff and souvenirs because we usually drink all of the water.. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vampiress said:

i usually put it in a small roller with nothing else and send it onto the room with my other luggage. 

👍 Brilliant! We've ordered a case of the ship's water.  We'll put some of our water in a roller and if it is confiscated....so be it.  We can buy some more in Hawaii. Thank you everyone for your advice.

Edited by redtees
to add something....

6 hours ago, skynight said:

Where did you hear that? You can bring on as much water as you like. You can either check it or carry it on.

I thought the policy for water and or soda  was that it had to be carried on by passenger.   Can’t checked it anymore.  Don’t want the staff to schlepp on extra luggage, they have enough to do already.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the offical line is to carry it onboard, but porters will take it from you if they see it and send it on in with the luggage.  as long as it is easy to scan and access you should be fine either way.  they really just want to make sure you haven't tried to sneak on alcohol.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, redtees said:

Thank you.

On our recent Canada/New England (9/14) cruise the bottled water was Costco's Kirkland brand.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I seriously doubt that.  You would be better if someone could tell you who sailed on the immediate prior voyage,

Even that will not tell you what brands the next cruise will have. It all depends on what is brought onboard when the ship is re-supplied on turnaround day.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, redtees said:

Is this policy enforced? 

I asked the same question last week.

Answer: you can bring water on board PROVIDED you take it on as carry on luggage and the bottles are sealed.

• Thanks 1