Repricing after cruise is paid off

Tntt

I still have about 7 months until my cruise , I am getting ready to go ahead and pay it off, but what if my cruise price drops before the final payment date how do they reprice or give you credit for the lower price if you have a zero bal?

I guess it depends on how you paid -- TA or directly through the cruise line.

Best is to ask before you plop down the final payment so far in advance.

I have heard OBC, credit back to your credit card, etc...

We paif off our Oasis cruise early. And a week before the actual  final payment date the price dropped by over $400 I got the price drop but I asked them to give it to me in on board credit. I had the choice of having it returned to original payment but that card was already paid off so I chose OBC.

Edited by toxicfairy
  • Like 1

The important date is the RCI final payment date.  Prior to that date, you can reprice.  After that date, you cannot.

That said, there is no benefit to paying off the cruise early.  Even with low interest rates, the money will make some money in a savings account or short term CD.

1 hour ago, Tntt said:

I still have about 7 months until my cruise , I am getting ready to go ahead and pay it off, but what if my cruise price drops before the final payment date how do they reprice or give you credit for the lower price if you have a zero bal?

If you have paid off the cruise and the price goes down before the final payment date, the cruise line will give you a credit to your credit card.  This is for US/Canadian bookings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SRF said:

The important date is the RCI final payment date.  Prior to that date, you can reprice.  After that date, you cannot.

That said, there is no benefit to paying off the cruise early.  Even with low interest rates, the money will make some money in a savings account or short term CD.

I paid about 75% of both legs of my back to back for next May before my credit card travel insurance went away, I insure for medical annually but this covers some of my self insurance so it made sense to me to pay in September, the rest may get paid before the end of the year so I can get the 5% cash back on my cc (3% big box card on travel plus 2% executive travel cash back) and have the money for my trip in February.

My low dollar premium savings pays a little over 2%. I will start looking for a new card with travel insurance but the cash back from big-box for travel is hard to beat as its cash I can use how I want.

Last year at 1 day before final payment was due (I had paid TA a few weeks before) I got a $1,150 +/- price reduction as a credit back to my cc on a reprice after I had my cash back so its coming out of this years cash back.

Sometimes there are benefits or situations to paying early.

Alan

I took advantage of a real good exchange rate, and paid way before the FP.

The drop in price before FP was credited back to my credit card in a few days.

After the FP there was another price drop, and I was able to upgrade for free to concierge.

I'm booking through a TA.

For my upcoming cruise, I've done this again, left only about 500$ to pay on FP day.

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I took advantage of a real good exchange rate, and paid way before the FP.

The drop in price before FP was credited back to my credit card in a few days.

After the FP there was another price drop, and I was able to upgrade for free to concierge.

I'm booking through a TA.

For my upcoming cruise, I've done this again, left only about 500$ to pay on FP day.

Since you booked through a TA, did your TA have to do the refund for you? Or were you able to call and do it yourself?