Miami Cruise Parking

Lady Slim

1 hour ago, BlueHerons said:

I wouldn't have a problem parking offsite in Fort Lauderdale but never in Miami.  Such a sketch town.

I always tell people to park at the port, it is easier, certain safer for the car, so close to the ship. But I've been parking my car in Downtown Miami on the street and in garages for 15-years now, and for 5-years in a public garage when I lived there, and never had an issue once. 

Things happen. Downtown Miami is a rather safe area. 

18 minutes ago, Flymia said:

I always tell people to park at the port, it is easier, certain safer for the car, so close to the ship. But I've been parking my car in Downtown Miami on the street and in garages for 15-years now, and for 5-years in a public garage when I lived there, and never had an issue once. 

Very true but there is a big difference between you parking downtown where you know where to go and some fly by night lot in Overtown where out of towners have no idea where they are.

Three weeks go I had someone break into my car in broad daylight in Wynwood.  Go figure.

Edited by BlueHerons

19 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

Very true but there is a big difference between you parking downtown where you know where to go and some fly by night lot in Overtown where out of towners have no idea where they are.

Three weeks go I had someone break into my car in broad daylight in Wynwood.  Go figure.

True. And that is the issue, some of these places say "close to the port" but still not where you want to be. 

Yea, Wynwood just a block the other way and its a rough area. 

19 hours ago, Flymia said:

I used to work at Bayside, plenty of car break-ins.  It just happens in that area all the time.

A S Florida Local here...I wouldn't park anywhere but at POM garage...the peace of mind is more than worth the extra $. You're spending $1000s on a cruise, don't let your last cruise memory be of a smashed window and burgled vehicle. 

Edited by AlanFromFL
  • Thanks 1

there's plenty of parking available at the port. I've NEVER heard of "full house"

on average the same number of cars leave each cruise as arrive for the next ......

WORST CASE would be moving to a garage not as close but as I said .... "never heard of this happening"

(ditto Lauderdale/Everglades, Canaveral and TAMPA ...... for a while Canaveral Port Authority was making enemies as they fought 'too many empty spaces' in their garages . . .)

I just got back from my MSC cruise, Dec 7-14. I park at Premier Cruise Parking.

I LOVE IT!

They took a group of us to port at 9:30 AM.  On my return trip, I wait like 20 mins and they came.

I get to keep my car key! and its on the 7th deck garage shaded!

This is my 2nd time.  I will do them again for sure!

I go during the non-peak season. 

Edited by chong67
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, chong67 said:

I just got back from my MSC cruise, Dec 7-14. I park at Premier Cruise Parking.

I LOVE IT!

They took a group of us to port at 9:30 AM.  On my return trip, I wait like 20 mins and they came.

I get to keep my car key! and its on the 7th deck garage shaded!

This is my 2nd time.  I will do them again for sure!

I go during the non-peak season. 

Did you read posts 13 and 19 in this thread before parking there?  When the number of break-ins discovered in a single day is so large that it makes the local news, that would/should be problematic for most people.  You were lucky!

On 12/15/2019 at 6:10 PM, capriccio said:

Did you read posts 13 and 19 in this thread before parking there?  When the number of break-ins discovered in a single day is so large that it makes the local news, that would/should be problematic for most people.  You were lucky!

Yes I know about it. Even watch the evening news video about the break in.  I recommend PCP and will park there.  :-)

Getting your car broken into is the exception, not the norm. Is there a risk? Of course. Is there a risk higher in some of these lots than compared to a normal parking lot, sure. Is the risk much lower at the port? 100%, much lower. 

Is Miami some crazy crime ridden city where your car will get broken into? No. 

Again, been parking my car in Downtown Miami in garages and on the street for 15-years now. Never had an issue. One of the garages I parked in daily 24/7 for 4-years is the same one of the parking operator uses. 

Edited by Flymia