Fort Lauderdale hotels with early check in

BballinQT24

We are planning on staying in Fort Lauderdale the Sunday after our cruise ends then flying out of FLL early Monday morning. The issue is that disembarkation is in the morning and  all the hotels I'm coming across list 4 pm as the earliest check in time. Does anybody know of any hotels near the port or Fort Lauderdale Beach that will do early check in?

Being able to check in early and use the facilities would be ideal, but we'd even be happy if the hotel had a secure place to store our luggage and two car seats so we could at least head out on the water taxi or find somewhere nearby to keep our kids entertained for the day. Any other suggestions on what we could do with the luggage/car seats until a room is ready would be appreciated as well.  

Any good hotel will be happy to store your bags - then you are free to explore, ride the water taxi, grab brunch, etc. until check in time.  If you want to use the room that early, and they have availability,  you may need to pay the day rate.  www.resortpass.com is one source for hotels/resorts offering day passes to their beach, pool, and spa facilities.

• Like 1

Agree. Virtually any hotel will store your bags.

Availability for early check in always an issue of room availability. The hotel is not going to hold a room unused from the night before so you can check in at 9am. Hotels in Ft Lauderdale are extremely busy during the cruise season...rooms aren't just sitting their idle. If early check in is critical, you should probably be looking away from the popular areas commonly discussed here.

Thanks for the info on the resort pass website I hadn't heard of that so I will check it out!

I don't expect a hotel to hold a room from the night before for us, I just wasn't sure if some might allow early check in if there's been rooms already cleaned and available after the previous guests have left. That's good to know that storing bags isn't out of the norm for many hotels.

Edited by BballinQT24

We always stay at Hyatt. With an early arrival, they secure all of our luggage and we head out for the day to explore the area or chill out by the pool. No need to pay extra for the early arrival - so many hotels offer this $$ for additional charge  - what a scam IMO. However, if we arrive during an "off season" the room is frequently ready. 

Darcy

There aren't any hotels with an early check in policy, they're all 3-4:00PM.  But most all will hold luggage.

It's always frustrating getting to a hotel in the morning and hoping they have a room available.   It mostly depends on how full they were the night before, how many rooms are checking out, and how quickly housekeeping gets some rooms ready for check-in.

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

There aren't any hotels with an early check in policy, they're all 3-4:00PM.  But most all will hold luggage.

It's always frustrating getting to a hotel in the morning and hoping they have a room available.   It mostly depends on how full they were the night before, how many rooms are checking out, and how quickly housekeeping gets some rooms ready for check-in.

I try to stay with the same hotel brand (Hyatt/Hilton/etc. ) and I find that I often am able to get early free check-in.  I do not have alot of points with any one of them, but do have the loyalty card of each.

3 hours ago, bouhunter said:

https://www.hyatt.com/info/hyatt-place-early-checkin-late-checkout

Darcy

22 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Any good hotel will be happy to store your bags - then you are free to explore, ride the water taxi, grab brunch, etc. until check in time.  If you want to use the room that early, and they have availability,  you may need to pay the day rate.  www.resortpass.com is one source for hotels/resorts offering day passes to their beach, pool, and spa facilities.

Find the hotel you like and call. Ask if you can check in early. We have done this many times and had no problem. We also have been turned down a few times. Hotels will be glad to store your luggage until check in time.

I call the hotel as soon as I get a phone signal in Miami.  Even though its noted on my reservation, I ask for an early checkin, I also tell them that since its only the for the night (sometimes even just for the day and we're hanging out for a late flight) that I don't really care about the location/view/bed sizes in the room.  We just want a room to put our stuff down and shower before we leave.  That call usually works.  Either way, we have our swimsuits and cover ups on (cover ups that look like clothes), we get to hotel, give the bellman our bags, check in and hit the pool  

I booked a room at Embassy Suites just last week for post-cruise.  When finalizing my reservation, I was presented with a few upgrade options, one of which was early check-in (I believe it was stated to be 9 am - noon).  If a room is available for early check-in , I will be charged an additional $25.  If not, there will be no charge.