Please confirm and help

Drinking age on Carnival ships is 21?

Gambling age on Carnival ships is 18?

Drinking age on:

Half Moon Cay ??

Amber Cove     ??

Grand Turk       ??

Thank you!

Drinking age 21 on Carnival and Carnival property (HMC, Amber Cove). Drinking age in port, off the ship, is per the local age (likely 18). Gambling age on ship is 18.

26 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

In Cozumel, they don't even ask your age.  At Carlos and Charlie's, our 16 year old niece was served.  They never even ask her for ID.  

But there is still a legal drinking age, even if they don't enforce it.

1 hour ago, FSHLOT said:

I always thought it was 18yrs old for beer/wine, but not the hard stuff. I'm probably wrong but i remember when we had nephews that were 18/19 yrs old drinking beer on the ship. 

You may be thinking of NCL or another cruise line.  I believe NCL will allow 18 / 19 YO to purchase beer and wine with signed parents permission.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, buckeyefrank said:

You may be thinking of NCL or another cruise line.  I believe NCL will allow 18 / 19 YO to purchase beer and wine with signed parents permission.

Thats very possible. My last NCL was back in 2010, so maybe something has changed since then too.

• Like 1

As other have stated 21 on the ship, 18 to 21 depending on the port by local regulation.  

I will say at a certain establishment a short walk down the beach from the Carnival complex on Grand Turk the proprietor with our ok via wink, gave our 16yo the advertised free shot of rum without inquiring regarding his age with the comment "Here kid, you're on vacation!"

4 hours ago, FSHLOT said:

Thats very possible. My last NCL was back in 2010, so maybe something has changed since then too.

Yes, I've been on NCL the past 2 summers and there is a sign at all bars that says that 18 year olds can have beer/wine with written permission from their parents.

• Like 1