CCL Stock/OBC

BaltimoreCruise

Just now, BaltimoreCruise said:

How early is too early to send in evidence of CCL stock ownership?  My next cruise is in February 2020.

Thank you.

BaltimoreCruise

You should be fine.   I think they tell you 3 months, but I have had 6 months processed before.

17 minutes ago, BaltimoreCruise said:

How early is too early to send in evidence of CCL stock ownership?  My next cruise is in February 2020.

Thank you.

BaltimoreCruise

As long as your cruise is within the time frame specified (as yours is), you are fine.

I sent my friend’s in a month ago for her for their April, 2020 cruise. 

This is the 1st time I booked thru a BIG box ta, do I fax it in myself to hal as usual or do I HAVE to send it thru TA? And will it be like everything else bc I booked thru TA, NOT visible on hal's website, just hoping stuffs there once onboard, or will it show up??? Ty

27 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

This is the 1st time I booked thru a BIG box ta, do I fax it in myself to hal as usual or do I HAVE to send it thru TA? And will it be like everything else bc I booked thru TA, NOT visible on hal's website, just hoping stuffs there once onboard, or will it show up??? Ty

You don’t HAVE to send it in through a TA.  You can send it yourself (I do).

You won’t see it on HAL’s site, but just ask for a confirmation and supply your email address and you should get one.

Bring a print out of that email on your cruise and you should be fine.

11 hours ago, kazu said:

You don’t HAVE to send it in through a TA.  You can send it yourself (I do).

You won’t see it on HAL’s site, but just ask for a confirmation and supply your email address and you should get one.

Bring a print out of that email on your cruise and you should be fine.

Interesting. I know you can do it either way, but I had our TA do it for Princess. and it does show up for Princess on the personalizer.

17 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Interesting. I know you can do it either way, but I had our TA do it for Princess. and it does show up for Princess on the personalizer.

With HAL it shows up online if you had the booking directly with HAL.

But if you used a TA, you must call HAL or the TA to find out if it has been applied to your account.

But if you used a TA, you must call HAL or the TA to find out if it has been applied to your account.

When I send in my info to HAL, I request an email telling me that it has been posted to my cruise. I then print it out and bring it with me, just in case. I transferred my booking to a TA, so did it myself. Cruising January 2020 and got a response back from HAL that it is posted to my cruise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

We have always used a TA and have NEVER needed to contact the TA to find out if the OBC has been applied to our account.  Within a few hours (generally) of FAXing the shareholder credit request, we receive an e-mail message from HAL; and then , a few days later, we receive a written confirmation from our TA.  Have NEVER needed to contact our TA to get confirmation.

4 hours ago, avian777 said:

We have always used a TA and have NEVER needed to contact the TA to find out if the OBC has been applied to our account.  Within a few hours (generally) of FAXing the shareholder credit request, we receive an e-mail message from HAL; and then , a few days later, we receive a written confirmation from our TA.  Have NEVER needed to contact our TA to get confirmation.

I have never received the confirming E-mail. In addition, one time I learned when speaking with a HAL rep that the previously applied stockholder OBC had been removed when the TA had made some change to the booking. If I had the ability to look at the OBC information online, I would have detected that it was missing myself.

It has to be in the fiscal year that the OBC is granted.  CCL renews it at the beginning of their fiscal year just like the dividend.  It is renewed for that period.  I think the fiscal year is July 1 to June 30.  

You can apply for SHOBC immediately after you book.  You need a booking number that the obc will be applied to.  Carnival Corp dropped the time limits for applying a couple of years ago after the uproar surrounding paying for shore excursions.

Carnival Corp. fiscal year is Dec1-Nov 30.

The current benefit only extends to July 30, 2020

The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2020 aboard the brands listed below. Certain restrictions apply. Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date.

On 10/16/2019 at 1:33 PM, BaltimoreCruise said:

Thank you.  I will send the documentation in tomorrow.

BaltimoreCruise

Make certain you get email confirmation stating you have the appropriate credit applied.  Take that confirmation onboard with you.  On our Christmas 2018 cruise, I didn't have that confirmation.  The credit wasn't applied.  When I asked the Front Desk to apply it, and I showed them my brokerage statement for the previous month, they said Seattle would have to approve it.  By the end of the cruise, Seattle hadn't approved the credit.  I wrote a letter, registering my displeasure, when I returned home.  On the next cruise, HAL not only applied the credit I didn't properly receive but doubled the amount for that cruise.  Needless to say, I was more than satisfied.  In all the years I've owned the stock, that was the first time the credit failed to appear on my statement. 

• Thanks 1

I book through a big box TA and send the letter requesting shareholder OBC directly to HAL myself. It shows up very quickly in my booking record, within a few days of sending it - I go to my big box TA ‘s website, log in, click on that cruise booking’s confirmation, and it appears there, added to any other OBC I already had.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

I have never received the confirming E-mail. In addition, one time I learned when speaking with a HAL rep that the previously applied stockholder OBC had been removed when the TA had made some change to the booking. If I had the ability to look at the OBC information online, I would have detected that it was missing myself.

Just a WAG, but I suspect our disparate experience may be a function of our respective TA.  Or you may be the exception that proves the rule.