Promenade View Interior (Freedom Class)

Looking to book a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas and thinking of getting a Promenade View Interior. I have seen them from down below and they look kind of fun. For those of you that have made this choice in the past, Is this a bad idea? Do you get much noise? Any particular floor good or bad? Any spot that is good to have a view of? Thank you so much!

Nice room, plenty of space. Enjoyed looking out and people watching. Can be little noisy during parade but not late at night or early morning. 

Only drawback is that you can see into cabins across from you- which means they can see you. Remember to close curtains when undressing. 😁😁

Deck 6 would probably have the most noise. Best to move up to deck 7 or 8. Probably get a better view higher up.

I'd stay away from getting a room over Sorrento's as it tends to attract the late night crowd after the bars & casnio close down. I know as I'm usually one of them. 😎

• Like 1

Most people here seem to prefer deck 7.  Our first promenade was on Independence last spring.  It was the "large family" room with two windows, separate bunk room, walk in closet.  For 3 of us it was awesome.  We're in a normal promenade soon on Adventure.  Though we usually sail in balcony's we couldn't resist the price.

Yes there will be noise some nights for promenade events.

Edited by bouhunter

We were in 7257 on Liberty of the Seas in May 2019.  We had no regrets.  Enough room for the two of us.  We did not notice any extra noise even with events going below on the promenade.  As already said do be mindful of the curtain.

2 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Most people here seem to prefer deck 7. 

I've actually only had a inside promenade room once and it was deck 7. When I called Royal to make the reservation, the agent actually steered me away from deck 6 as "there may be some noise issues". I'm guessing that they must have gotten some feedback on that.

But I agree with you,  like most people have posted here, the noise issues are minimal and usually during the nighttime promenade events.  At least, from deck 7 and up.

Edited by HBE4

Ive stayed in 6315 and 8315.  Love the Promenade cabins!   Never noticed any noise issues but Im always out and about until late every night.  Better view from 8315.

Edited by ryano

We had the Ben and Jerry's cabin on Independence and liked it. It was kind of fun having the cow butt outside of our window 🙃 I don't remember it being overly noisy, and I am a pretty light sleeper. It was also cool to be able to watch the parades in the promenade without having the battle the crowds.

1 minute ago, alishac said:

We had the Ben and Jerry's cabin on Independence and liked it. It was kind of fun having the cow butt outside of our window 🙃 I don't remember it being overly noisy, and I am a pretty light sleeper. It was also cool to be able to watch the parades in the promenade without having the battle the crowds.

I never had issues with the noise from Promenade.  Our issue was with an access door below us in the ice cream shop. It has/had an automatic closer that slammed all hours of the night. We were on Freedom 

1 minute ago, alishac said:

I do sleep with ear plugs, so that may have blocked out the door slamming. 

There is an adjustment on the closer to reduce the slam. They eventually did that for us, but I called a lot one night

That would be great. We thought it might be interesting to have a promenade view, but don't want to ruin our trip. We like people watching, but don't want a view of decorations or a boring area. It is very hard to tell where a cabin sits compared to an arch or a bridge. I hate light at night, but folks seem to say that it won't be an issue. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 12:05 PM, John&LaLa said:

There is an adjustment on the closer to reduce the slam. They eventually did that for us, but I called a lot one night

By any chance were you in cabin 7307? We just booked that cabin on the Indy and I’m hoping we don’t have that problem.