Celebrity Phone App

Igggy

12 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

Does anyone know what the code is for - on the Express pass, below the barcode.

If it says a 4-letter "code", it's your beverage package.

CALL = Classic Alcoholic

PALL = Premium Alcoholic

PMNA = Premium Non-alcoholic

and so on.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:04 PM, dkjretired said:

Everything Mark said plus when we checked in we just walked on board.  

Hi, can you tell me how to add my celeb excursions to the calendar please.  I have downloaded the app and it shows my captain club no but I dont know how to link the excursions. Thanks - cruise in 3 months so not sure if it's too far out yet? 

On 10/17/2019 at 7:46 PM, tartana said:

My cruise is still 3 weeks away, but it's neat reading the menus, etc ahead of time.  My question is - "does the app still work on the ship if we don't have wifi"?  (other than show the original info) 

Yes -   you just connect to the ships wifi there is a choice for just using the free app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anniedave said:

Hi, can you tell me how to add my celeb excursions to the calendar please.  I have downloaded the app and it shows my captain club no but I dont know how to link the excursions. Thanks - cruise in 3 months so not sure if it's too far out yet? 

For me the excursions show up under MY CALENDAR.     I also booked an excursion while on the ship from the App in about 3 easy clicks.    At least on Edge there doesn't appear to be a way to book via TV.

F14A321D-5498-42EE-AB89-E3288002D5EF.thumb.png.829a017c6fc22ca3c4e2fd179e2f36f1.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

Same here, the ship excursions we have booked show under 'My Calendar'.

We are just over 6 weeks from sailing, not sure if there is a time factor in play.

Didn't have to do anything to make them show up, they just appeared there as we booked them.

If you select the page that shows your cruise details, the one with the Xpress pass link etc. you should see your excursions there as well, under 'upcoming reservations' near the bottom of the screen. (it scrolls).

So far, the app is a great tool for info.  We are in the Equinox in a couple of weeks, and look forward to trying this out.  As many of you have indicated, we do NOT need to purchase an internet package in order to use the app. But when I am on a ship, I always switch my phone to "airplane mode" in order to ensure my data package is turned off. Will the app still work in this mode?

Just now, High C's said:

So far, the app is a great tool for info.  We are in the Equinox in a couple of weeks, and look forward to trying this out.  As many of you have indicated, we do NOT need to purchase an internet package in order to use the app. But when I am on a ship, I always switch my phone to "airplane mode" in order to ensure my data package is turned off. Will the app still work in this mode?

Yes, you only need WiFi active, so after you have turned everything off with 'Airplane mode' simply turn on the WiFi again.

Nobody has mentioned one of the most useful features and that is the perpetual access to your shipboard account and live charges. It seems like we always get inadvertently charged for something and its nice to be able to view this from your phone instead of only in the stateroom on the tv.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbenson81 said:

Nobody has mentioned one of the most useful features and that is the perpetual access to your shipboard account and live charges. It seems like we always get inadvertently charged for something and its nice to be able to view this from your phone instead of only in the stateroom on the tv.

You're right!  That is definitely one of the best features! 🙂  

56 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Are the menus pretty accurate?  They don't have as many items as I'd expect.

Which menu are you looking at?

Pre-cruise they seem to be sample menus rather than the actual ones for your cruise and all of the days are not populated, but the ones I've seen looked pretty complete compared to the actual menus people have posted from current cruises...

to the person who asked me earlier:  my cruise is only a couple weeks out and when I go to Calendar and down to the restaurant reservation, it shows View Menu beside it; when I click on that, there is a menu showing. 

24 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Which menu are you looking at?

Pre-cruise they seem to be sample menus rather than the actual ones for your cruise and all of the days are not populated, but the ones I've seen looked pretty complete compared to the actual menus people have posted from current cruises...

Murano

On 10/19/2019 at 12:13 PM, mikkelhansen said:

If it says a 4-letter "code", it's your beverage package.

CALL = Classic Alcoholic

PALL = Premium Alcoholic

PMNA = Premium Non-alcoholic

and so on.

Strange, because we have the premium bev package, and it shows nothing below the barcode. 

20 hours ago, zitsky said:

Are the menus pretty accurate?  They don't have as many items as I'd expect.

We used the app on both Edge and Equinox and found the menus to be accurate. In fact, I don't remember a single day that the menu was incorrect. 

39 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Strange, because we have the premium bev package, and it shows nothing below the barcode. 

That will happen sometimes as even if you have the package confirmed on your invoice it may not have been applied to your account yet.

Should happen onboard automatically I am told, but it also only takes a phone call to get them to do it now.

I suspect it is most likely to happen when the package is part of a bundle of perks rather than something separate that you purchased online.

I'd make the call...

I’d love to say ‘yes’, but there are reports around here of people having everything on the invoice but not getting things added properly on board and then spending a few days getting it all straight.

Personally I’d rather sort it out in advance... 🙂  

• Like 1