Oasis of the seas JS upgrade for $1500?

ranchette

Maybe I'm the only one to think this, but whenever checking JS on Oasis class (for a family of 4) they are ridiculously expensive.  They are about 9K in CAD...just for a JS.  These days, the ocean view balcony rooms are high too at 5.5K - 6K, so $1500 more doesn't seem like a ton more for a JS.  

OP doesn't mention if its for 2 people, but assuming so.  Never stayed in a JS so can't comment but if for 2, then we wouldn't pay it either. If more than 2, then the extra space may be nice..but still a lot of money that could be put to other use (esp as OP already has a balcony)

2 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Maybe I'm the only one to think this, but whenever checking JS on Oasis class (for a family of 4) they are ridiculously expensive.  They are about 9K in CAD...just for a JS.  These days, the ocean view balcony rooms are high too at 5.5K - 6K, so $1500 more doesn't seem like a ton more for a JS.  

OP doesn't mention if its for 2 people, but assuming so.  Never stayed in a JS so can't comment but if for 2, then we wouldn't pay it either. If more than 2, then the extra space may be nice..but still a lot of money that could be put to other use (esp as OP already has a balcony)

You are absolutely correct, but it doesn't even have to be 4 people.  Going rate for an OV Balcony next summer is around $3,100 and the JS is $4,600.  Folks here are bargain hunters. Nothing wrong with that, just the way it is.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spookwife said:

add me to the chorus of 'No's'.  it's not even worth $1500 to go all the way to a GS.    

From a balcony to a GS for $1500 is a great bargain. May not have value for you, but based on any available pricing it is a great deal, and probably never able to get it. 

mac_tlc

11 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

JS last July 2018, less than $1500pp. including taxes & Insurance.

Oasis JS.jpg

She wasn't in NJ 🤣🤣

That also looks like a last minute booking

Edited by John&LaLa

On 10/19/2019 at 9:26 AM, ranchette said:

Does it pay to upgrade from a balcony ocean view room to a junior suite for $1500?  How are the Junior suites? Never been on the Oasis.

Remember you don’t get full suite benefits in the jr suite, just the possibility of having dinner (only) at Coastal Kitchen.

Way too pricey for me.  I just turned down an upgrade from a balcony to a mini on Princess, 10 day cruise, for $229pp.  I really only like a mini for having a tub vs a shower, so it's not worth it to us.  Of course Princess has notoriously small showers.

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You are absolutely correct, but it doesn't even have to be 4 people.  Going rate for an OV Balcony next summer is around $3,100 and the JS is $4,600.  Folks here are bargain hunters. Nothing wrong with that, just the way it is.

Have you seen the prices for the May 2020 4 night sailing before going to NJ?   $1195 pp for a JS.  

3 hours ago, tomservo said:

Remember you don’t get full suite benefits in the jr suite, just the possibility of having dinner (only) at Coastal Kitchen.

Yes , love grand suites , all meals in CK , also free internet and much larger suite . Love being walked off ship by concierge etc . Suite lounge. 

23 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

Have you seen the prices for the May 2020 4 night sailing before going to NJ?   $1195 pp for a JS.  

So $1195 is about $300pppd. 
the price John quoted was $4600, for seven days, or about or $329pppd.

Assuming both figures include the same stuff ( tax, port charges,) $29 pppd  is called the “NY premium” !!

mac_tlc

• Haha 1