Tales from the Journey Transatlantic 5 November 2019

uktog

3 hours ago, aussie travel bird said:

Reserved and unoccupied chairs - how very un-Azamara like....I wonder what the purpose was...

I am not really sure that the much used very un Azamara like quote is valid anymore, things have changed and not for the better.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

I am not really sure that the much used very un Azamara like quote is valid anymore, things have changed and not for the better.

You and I are in agreement with regards to the changes we’ve seen in Azamara as whole, but my experience has very much been that the atmosphere and the way things are run on the ship has changed little with some definite improvements (like the reimagination of the interiors).  

There is no place for reserved seating in a small theatre like they have on Azamara.  None at all.  Ann, I hope you feed this back in your post cruise questionnaire.  Enjoy the next leg!

Phil

• Like 1

uktog

Welcome to Miami, and it'll be a sad goodbye to many passengers and crew today!

Following your next 9 day cruise, it'll be time for us to join the ship and almost every post through this fantastic thread causes the anticipation to rise for our maiden Az cruise....our sincere thanks to you and others who have contributed their Az insights, it is much appreciated....have a great day in Miami, many of you will know but the Bayside Marketplace area is a good choice for a quick birl (Anne will know what this means) off the ship. Last time we were there we took a one hour or so boat ride around the 'millionaires bay' area....all in all a good way to kill 2 or 3 hours off the ship in a leisurely fashion.

For the poor crew, it'll be 'all hands on deck' today....and according to reports on this thread, changeover day for a significant number of crew.

I know you won't give up, but do keep posting on this or a new thread.....then we will be totally dripping with anticipation in about  a weeks time! 😉

• Like 2

The reserved seats were for the High Seas Choir made up of guests, who were the opening act for the show.  Some of them may have left after they finished singing for other seating, but the seats were utilized and occupied prior to their performance.  Anyone there early enough would have been free to move into any abandoned seat.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hkr1216 said:

The reserved seats were for the High Seas Choir made up of guests, who were the opening act for the show.  Some of them may have left after they finished singing for other seating, but the seats were utilized and occupied prior to their performance.  Anyone there early enough would have been free to move into any abandoned seat.

Thanks for the explanation - very re-assuring too.

1 hour ago, hkr1216 said:

Trouble is dining rooms were slower so getting there early was not possible for many. It was the same with Eric’s show and unlike on previous trips they did not put extra seats out. We had to stand all through it and the sound where we were wasn’t right. I think if staff had been highlighting where there were vacant seats like they did in the past it would have helped. 

Arrived in Miami. They’ve had problems with immigration so it’s running an hour late  - really feel for the crew who stood in the terminal for an hour and there was insufficient staff to process them. 

I am indeed heading to Bayside. Children’s trainers needed I am advised 😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hkr1216 said:

I've been on a number of cruises where the High Seas Choir has performed and there were never any seats reserved for them. Not sure who's idea that was. How many were in the choir?

Phil 

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I've been on a number of cruises where the High Seas Choir has performed and there were never any seats reserved for them. Not sure who's idea that was. How many were in the choir?

Phil 

What kind of music do they perform? My DH is a choral singer and might be interested in this next time we cruise!

9 hours ago, hkr1216 said:

Fair enough to have reserved seating for choir members for easy access to the stage.

From previous comments it appears that during the concert there were "reserved unoccupied seats" . . .  presumably those seats had reserved signs on them.

Perhaps if choir members decided to leave after their performance they ought to have removed the reserved signs to free up the seats for other guests.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Fair enough to have reserved seating for choir members for easy access to the stage.

From previous comments it appears that during the concert there were "reserved unoccupied seats" . . .  presumably those seats had reserved signs on them.

Perhaps if choir members decided to leave after their performance they ought to have removed the reserved signs to free up the seats for other guests.

Exactly or staff could have directed guests to them. Anyway it happened and yes can be something to consider for the comments. 

• Like 1

In summary this was a great transatlantic cruise. Whilst I reported on the ship rocking it was one of the smoothest cruises across the Atlantic we have had and the temperatures were great.  
Service onboard was really good, we had a great stateroom team and every meal was excellent. The fellow guests were such a social group so we had lots of fun evenings. 
We really did see the best of Azamara on this cruise and look forward to our next trip. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Unless one leaves a shawl or a purse while in the bathroom how does one "SAVE" seats. How does one get away with it. 

The pool on Quest had way to many long "lunch breaks" but crew are afraid to move stuff. At some point after 30 minutes i was really timing if these people were coming back ever. Even saw some pick up their "saved seats" stuff and move or leave.  Not cool at all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, uktog said:

In summary this was a great transatlantic cruise. Whilst I reported on the ship rocking it was one of the smoothest cruises across the Atlantic we have had and the temperatures were great.  
Service onboard was really good, we had a great stateroom team and every meal was excellent. The fellow guests were such a social group so we had lots of fun evenings. 
We really did see the best of Azamara on this cruise and look forward to our next trip. 

Glad you had a great cruise and hope you enjoy the next one as much. Thanks for taking us along with you. We too are loving our first ever transatlantic.

11 hours ago, uktog said:

Our cruise which preceded yours was one of my favourite Azamara voyages. The levels of service were wonderful and our fellow guests were a lovely bunch of people. Found Journey to be such a happy ship and look forward to sailing on her again soon.

Glad your Transatlantic was equally enjoyable Ann - anticipating your views about the next leg with great interest

Edited by Spursgirl
  • Like 1